Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Heads up, this game is $37.49 in greenmangaming's vip section

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I can't resist that price on PC

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I tried out a very old 'rental copy' and the game owns. If it has the ability at launch to do full race weekends with full practice, full qualifying, and full races with pitcrews like this release has options for (they don't work), I am sooooo ready for this game

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

deebo posted:

Grabbed a copy.

From what i can tell there is only cosmetic modding and no manual pit stops which is a bit dissapointing..

but it has Bathurst and superkarts! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqBg6G3jqBs

What do you mean by manual pitstops?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Falken posted:

Having complete control of the vehicle after you cross the pit entry line. So basically, you have to make sure you're on the pit speed limit at the line so you won't incur a penalty, and also make sure you don't miss your pit box or murder your crew.

Are there any games that do this?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

So the pc version does not take advantage of the xbone controller impulse triggers. too bad

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I thought as much. Maybe we will see this change with Win10. Prob not

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

why can't they take the profits from this game and use that to make the sequel? they need another kickstarter? bleh

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

dash_splamage posted:

That, and old F1 cars looks downright fantastic.
So was just taking a look at these... is this the first game that actually has a senna car in it? I remember hearing the devs say in F12013 how they couldn't get the rights for classic mode

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Some things I noticed in the old build:

Karts are 100x more amazing than I ever imagined
some of the detail in this game is staggering. You can actually see the individual grooves of the rumble strips. I spent a good ten minutes just looking at the detail in my tires
Rain water pools on lows in the road.
KARTS ARE AWESOME

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

preload is up on xbox one I guess, but namco bandai is probably going to pull a namco bandai and not let us preload on steam

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Project CARS is how I want racing sims to be now. I don't think I can tolerate Gran Turismo or Forza anymore. Their systems are archaic to me. That probably still won't stop me from buying Gran Turismo 7 though. :/

What, because they don't have full race weekend simulation? Having played project cars now, it's really good but it doesn't give me dozens of cars to buy including my real life car. Presumably making the simulation so realistic didn't leave much time or money for car recreation and licensing

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

Buying tons of cars isn't a draw to me. There are all variants of skylines half the time. I would much rather have actual race cars than a bunch of street cars. Full race weekend is way more important to me than a lot of cars.

I really like the huge variety that forza gives goon races, and I've never driven a skyline. But I agree, forza 6 would be really cool if it added full race weekends. But I just don't think the developers have ever changed their minds or intentions that forza is better with shorter races, they've probably talked about it and dismissed it. It's really about the stlye of forza, with its quick paced multiplayer lobbies and 'making each car about the player'. Full race weekends don't really fit well in that. I mean just think about how bad 25 laps are with pubbies

ethanol fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 30, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

I Said Come In you up for 25 laps around the Ring? Formula A.

F1 isn't having a German GP so we will.

25 laps Ring KARTS with thunderstorm, I can't wait for this game

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

you aren't really going to do 25 are you? 25 ????

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I think there are one or two cars on here that you omitted, like the lotus 72d

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I said come in! posted:

That's not what was said. The argument was that any contact with any bit of grass period should cause complete and total loss of control with any car ever. That is a gigantic exaggeration but it was an argument made anyways in complete seriousness. The truth is race cars can handle that stuff pretty well, and probably 99% of the time loss of control never happens off track, but happens well before a race car ever gets to that point.

these people have literally never even watched a real race and are dying for their race simulator to be GRID apparently

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

they've still got the case art in a two day old post

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/try-project-cars-at-your-local-game-store

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

So is there going to be a new build for members, or is may 7 just a thursday to you?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

So how is the AI then?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I wish next weekend was this weekend

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

here's a ps4 stream
http://www.twitch.tv/inragetv
, so far that 'bug' just looks to be a different way to do motion blur that people seem to think is worse because of too much ghosting. I won't be getting that version anyways though.

I really do wish pc would support the xbox impulse triggers though

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Norns posted:

Windows would have to support them first. loving Microsoft. :argh:

yeah I know, I didn't mean to blame the developers. it's just microsoft bullshit

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

xbox one gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqPdHY3Op3o

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Norns posted:

You would think if you cared that much about minor graphic detail, you would just get a PC and not worry about it?

this is neogaf we're talking about

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I just watched my first FIA GT race and well, nobody told me the drivers flash their lights at each other as distraction

I will be using this tactic at night, be prepared

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Vando posted:

No, it's the opposite: they flash their lights so slower cars know they're coming.

To try to stop poo poo like this happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-4nux9FFK0&t=218s
I don't think so in this case, in this race, even the commentators mentioned it

this is the race I watched with an example, here the driver ahead obviously knows he is there and it happens repeatedly throughout the race too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm-2drCJCj0&t=3320s

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

advion posted:

Pretty sure they do that to let them know there is a faster car coming up behind and they are going to be passed.

Edit - Watched the video above and it looks less like trying to be a distraction and more him saying "I'm faster why are you holding me up" or an "I'm coming for you hoe".

I dunno, when you have a dude doing that at the race leader in the last ten minutes of the race? I mean, that seems pretty odd to think "better flash my lights at first place so he knows I'm faster than him". it's gotta be pure distraction/mindtricks at that point

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Norns posted:

Thought it was the 8th?

midnight on the 6th for steam release

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I said come in! posted:

You can pre-load this dork rear end game on Steam now.

:cumpolice:

edit: I still don't have a key from GMG :argh:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

Yeah I turned ABS/Traction Control/whatever the third one is on and am playing with a 360 pad. It controls real nicely if you count insanely easy to the point of being trivial as nicely. With all those assists I can bomb around any track at top speed with no care in the world. Tapping the brakes in a corner in a Formula car with my wheel and all assists off could send me spinning and into a wall and dead. With the 360 controller it doesn't matter what the gently caress I do. Took a lot of the fun out of the game for me personally.

so turn the assists back off. you don't need them for a controller

edit:I can't read

good luck buddy

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

looks like steam moved the release time a few hours closer, it now says 22 hours

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Any reviews in yet? Very happy to wake up to a GMG key.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Endbuster posted:

Yeah, I'm interested to see what a controller will feel like in this game. I played Forza 5 with all assists off (still was able to set top 300 times) and am going to do the same with this game. The G27 looks like the best option, but I can't afford it.

Yeah i would buy a wheel if I could afford it for sure, but I hate it when I hear 'x car is impossible to drive with a controller'. I mean racing car drivers had to go in and tell the the AC crew it's not that hard in real life to turn this car, so I hesitate to say 'it's impossible without a wheel' rather than the car's handling is mucked up.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

Also does anyone want to race a Formula A race at Barcelona today online due to the Spanish GP being this weekend? PC version. If you do be warned I am going to turn on assists because I want to have a chance to win.

I don't think barcelona made it to final

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

I was racing on it earlier today so it totally did.

Well, I definitely don't see it on this list

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/locations.html

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

So the second event in the FA series is Hockenheim GP course. I set a Respectable 1 minute 29 second qualifying time which puts me on the pole. I skip to end of session and am now on second place. Because a simulated AI put in a 53 second lap time. The world record for that track in real life is 1 minute 13 seconds set in 2004. This simulated driver shaved 20 seconds off the world record. I'm kinda not happy.

that's crazy, sounds like a bug in the skipping. I'd like to see that lap, lol

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

My 16 gb fast ddr 3, 4.3 ghz overclocked 3570k and 780 loses more than half the fps.

yeah this is a good rig too. It's definitely going to be a game that you need to turn down settings to get locked 60 fps. 7950 is starting to feel a bit long toothed

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I said come in! posted:

This is DriveClub's 30FPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD9JgorUkWc This game is a technical achievement in all respects. 60fps would have been nice, but other then that the games graphics are perfect.

nice graphics for bumper cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Is there any mumble server in mind for this game?

• Locked thread