Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
My bank is run by cavemen and their online payment system is down, so I have to go outside to get cash before I can order food, which defeats the point of being lazy and ordering in the first place. I'll have plenty of time though since "approximately 45 minutes" suddenly became an hour and 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
My headphones are picking up really faint radio signals that I can hear when there is no other sound playing.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Sanford posted:

All our champagne was taking up too much space in the cupboard, so we had to drink a bottle even though we didn't really fancy it. I wanted a beer :(

I bought expensive champagne that was actually from Champagne the other week and it tasted the same as regular old sparkling wine :(

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Greatbacon posted:

At work I'm moving to a new project, which means a new development environment which means installing software and setting system variables. I don't have admin level access on my machine (which is its own :can:) so I submitted a ticket for access around half an hour before I was planning to leave work, expecting it to be fulfilled this morning and have a whole day of admin access to install and tinker. Nope, they authorized it ten minutes after I left and set it to expire 8 hours later (1 in the morning).

I worked in a place where I didn't have Admin on my own machine, never again. It's bad enough when the DBA takes three weeks to assemble a committee to discuss the pitfalls and best practices of adding a single column that I need in a two week sprint.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I feel you man, whenever I go and visit my girlfriend, there are two buses and a train that I have to take, but they each arrive at the transfer point juuuuust after the bus or train I need leaves, so I have to wait for an extra hour, turning what could be a two hour trip into a three hour trip.

Also the bus stops recently moved due to construction and the WiFi from the Starbucks doesn't reach the stop anymore.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
My appendix exploded and all the hospital charged me was $7.50 for having a phone in my room, but since they use an archaic payment system, I have to go there in person on a weekday in order to pay and it's a hassle.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I helped my best friend unfuck his new video card and he gave me the old one. It physically will not fit in my stupidly tiny tower and even if it did my power supply is less than half the minimum needed to run it. But I'm so close to having enough money saved up to buy all the parts of a new computer entirely that I can't justify getting a bigger case/power supply before then.

I had this problem. It was a video card with a built in TV tuner, so it had this massive connector for a coax cable that wouldn't fit into my case. Thankfully I got a case with better made expansion slot covers from a friend for free.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Thin Privilege posted:

I learned how to drive stick as an 11 year old ( :ussr: ) She's got no excuse.

I tried, but my grandfather's idea of a suitable vehicle for the task was an UAZ469 where I could barely see above the instrument panel and could barely shift with both hands. Thanks gramps.

But if your car isn't lovely Soviet milsurp there's really no excuse.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
My doctor is half an hour late to my appointment that I don't have to pay for, and the music playing in the lobby isn't very good.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
My laptop is heating up and I have to sit at a desk to watch Youtube instead of laying in bed.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I couldn't sleep in past noon because of an air show over my house.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I blended my pineapple smoothie too much and now there's no pineapple texture to it.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I want to leave work early to vote, but the code is taking forever to build.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

Some motherboards still don't come with an adapter for front panel pins, so those can suck.

They're easy, just so, so tiny.

Oh god, those were the worst, especially when you had to change your 4-pin BIOS speaker to a 2-pin.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

I have to work today but am getting paid double time to sit around, play DS, cruise SA and eat an embarassing amount of food.

Now I'm poop-posting and maybe I'll go for a walk.

The WiFi at work doesn't reach the washrooms, so I have to carefully pick whichever thread looks like it will have the most content or risk being bored while I poop.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Choco1980 posted:

The old man that lives downstairs from me has been practicing the Banjo since right after I moved in a year and a half ago. He's no better than when he started and has yet to learn a tune, but I'll be damned if he hasn't put in the hours each week trying.

Someone in my building or the one right next to it plays the clarinet with similar results. Occasionally one of my neighbours yells some harsh critique out of her window, but that does not seem to discourage him.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
My laptop still hasn't offered me the Windows 10 upgrade :(

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Malachite_Dragon posted:

An app I use was broken for a long time. Then it was fixed. Today's update broke it again.

My dad is the only member of my family nearly as much a shameless weaboo as me, but I'm pretty sure he only watched this show with me because I asked and not because he wanted to, and now I feel like a pushy jerk. I just wanted someone to watch Kamen Rider with :saddowns: :japan:

The Awful app sometimes refuses to show posts for me, and then I have to *ugh* use the browser.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Mikl posted:

Monday was a holiday, and it messed up my time perception something fierce, to the point that I have to actually think to remember which day of the week it is. Mostly I think it's my brain going "oh, first work day this week, must be a Monday".

I thought that it was Saturday this morning and I could sleep in, but then my alarm went off :(

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I can't run the new Skyrim on the highest settings, so it doesn't look any better than the original :(

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Thin Privilege posted:

So it's it the exact same skyrim but with better graphics? And maybe some new quests?

FWP: I have no idea about new games/ game news.

FWP2: Dishonored 2 isn't out yet.

Two big changes I noticed are a quick save feature and all your equipment comes back automatically after exiting werewolf form. Also the Gray Fox armour name changed for some reason. I'm sure there are other changes, I'd like to see a complete list.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I got a haircut and now my respirator straps aren't as comfortable as they used to be. I have to endure this mild discomfort for minutes per day!

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I got an adorable new brown jacket but my everyday boots are black and don't match so now I need to buy a pair of brown ones.

My camera case is brown, and it clips to the belt, so I need to wear a brown belt if I'm wearing it, but I have no brown shoes at all :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I bought a OnePlus 3 last week. Today I read about the OnePlus 3T.