Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I don't have to work this week because of "spring break" so I finally have time to clean the apartment.

Which means I don't have an excuse not to clean the apartment and have to do it when I could be using all this free time to have fun :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I'm hungry and there's some great leftover in the fridge but I'm not sure when I made it so my brain tries to convince me that it's going to make me sick but there's less than 1% chance it's bad since it smells good and looks fine.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I'll be having a baby in two months and people are giving us a poo poo ton of gifts so we can't buy any baby stuff until we're done receiving gifts since we'll have too many duplicate :( There's so many cute stuff we want to buy. I guess the sometime slightly less cute stuff people get for us will have to do!

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

drgnwr1 posted:

Got back to my office and saw a hard shell. "Son of a..." Put verde on it and grumbily ate it as it broke all over my desk.

They forgot to put my hashbrown in my McDonald breakfast. Sad day for everyone

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I bought an "expensive" powerful blender and ate so much raspberries that my whole digestive system is rebelling

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

queserasera posted:

A shame tasty berries aren't kind to your colon. Don't put a quart of blueberries in your blender either, causes similar results. It's like Seagram's and 7-Up, good when it's happening but so many regrets later.

Follow up since it's another FWP After 2 days without poop and the worst smelling farts of my life, I had the biggest poops of my life. Thankfully they weren't painful. I'm sure you guys are all happy to know

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Strangely related to the thread title, I pooped and my anus hurts. I believe it's because like all of us in the first world we enjoy pooping while sitting down instead of squatting. Squatting makes me poop effortlessly, but then I have to squat which makes me feel super weird.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Dude, I bought a squatty potty and it's pretty awesome.

I'm 100% certain it is, but then my girlfriend and all the people who will visit my place will know I use a squatty potty and I'll feel like less of a man. Like my anus isn't up to par with western standards

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've always heard that you should basically never use any Liquid Plumber/Drano type of products ever. Maybe like once or twice, but despite what they say, they are bad for all pipes, metal and plastic.

Just get a drain snake to get rid of clogs.

Live in an appartment so you can chug it down without worry since it's not your own pipes :coal:

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
My zojirushi coffee mug keeps my coffee too hot for too long :(

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Oct 15, 2016

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Thin Privilege posted:

Does it have an elephant on it?

Yes why?

It's that thing

If I put the coffee in at the right temp it'll stay there forever, but if I put it in too hot I have to leave it open or pour it in something else otherwise my coffee is still burning hot when I come back home after work. I liked it more with cold drinks during the summer. There was still actual ice in my iced coffee when I forgot the mug in my car for two days.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Thin Privilege posted:

The elephant is cute :3:

My Starbucks mug does the same thing, but it doesn't have an elephant :(

What a terrible mug. Buy the elephant (seriously do it. The locking thing is amazing if you ever feel like throwing a mug full of coffee in your bag. Also it has an elephant)

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Oct 15, 2016

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

The Snoo posted:

ooo I'm totally getting this for my husband for christmas :neckbeard: thank you!!

also my FWP is that he got sick (probably from all the grody kids that run around at his work) and now I'm sick. :(

It's not the cheapest but it's an amazing product. One of the things I like the most is that it's extremely small for it's capacity. Insulated mugs tend to be quite huge. I don't know how they can make the insulation that good when it's that small (or why other don't do the same!)

---

And now for a new problem. My great pair of expensive headphones makes my ears slightly hot and get slightly uncomfortable after hours of wear. I have to remove them for 10 minutes or so and then I can't concentrate because of all my coworkers constantly speaking in the teachers lounge :(

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
They had the best loving feta cheese I have ever eaten at costco. We hosed up and let some of it stand out of the brine and it became super gross. I went back to costco and they didn't have it anymore :( I had to buy the kirkland brand which is pretty good but not even the same kind of cheese as the real actual loving delicious feta I had before.

At least the parmesan is delicious

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm sorry for you, sad goon, whose best feta is from loving Costco.

:( I'm sure I can find better, but not some that I can regularly buy because I'm a teacher so I'm poor. Anyway costco has a surprisingly good selection of cheese here (I'm from Quebec so there is a lot of our cheeses and they are arguably some of the best on the continent). At stupid low price too.

It was sheep's milk feta and it was so soft and not too salty.

Found it. It was this one : http://www.shepherdgourmetdairy.com/products/feta.html It's leagues beyond anything I ever had before. But I don't buy feta from fancy cheese places.

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 13:02 on Oct 22, 2016

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I had to make 2 trips from my car to my appartment because carrying all my expensive purchases + my son was hard :(

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 11:12 on Nov 2, 2016

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
My girlfriend prepared one of my favorite Meals For Dinner. unfortunately I ate a ton of left over bite size chocolate bars in the car on the way home so I have no appetite. :(

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I'm getting paid a lot of money to do nothing this week. But watching students full in exam is boring

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
The very very warm very very expensive parka I bought is useless since it's loving 10C outside instead of being cold like it usually is. Never thought I'd complain about the weather not being poo poo, but I wanna test my parka damnit!

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I'm sub teaching and the TV show the teacher left me is super boring.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I really want to eat bean soup for dinner but I have to go to judo later and I don't want to fart in everyone's faces.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I made the best roasted potatoes to ever be made in the history of the world yesterday and I want to make/eat more of them but they are kind of high calorie and I'd rather not become fat :(

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I bought an expensive food processor for xmas, but it might not fit under the kitchen cabinet and it's supposed to be here already but it's not so I can't test it. Life is so unfair

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
It's xmas and I haven't taken a poo poo in a day and a half and my farts smell like pure death. I hope I don't have to take a terribly smelly poo poo when all my extended family is here.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Go take a poo poo before they arrive, then. Dammit, goons

Been trying to since yesterday. Won't come out. It's my first time dealing with this! First world problems are hard dude

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Inzombiac posted:

Go chug a bottle of calcium citrate.

Went snowshoeing for over half an hour and chugged some coffee. I'm glad to tell you guys that I managed to destroy a toilet before anyone arrived.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I watched some TV show where people buy houses and renovate them and I feel envious. Also kind of perplexed about how the gently caress can people who don't seem to have amazing jobs with one person living at home afford 600k houses + 200k remodeling. I'm guessing the answer is simply crippling debt?

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I'm at my parents because I needed someone to take care of my son while I grade papers, but they only have good beer stocked up since I drank all of the great beer two weeks ago and they didn't fill up their stock.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Don't you guys help your friends paint their houses when they move? I always thought this was normal friend habits. I helped most of my friends move/clean/paint when they get to a new place and they helped me when I did the same. Of course I'm talking about real friends, not coworkers and acquaintances. If they are just repainting their houses then yeah do it yourself or pay someone unless you're my best friend and we drink beer while we paint.

My first world problem is that I'm having twins so we're going to have 3 kids instead of 2 and that's a little unpractical. We have enough money to manage and won't really be in trouble and we both have great families that will help us a lot, but we probably won't be able to do a cool trip with them during parental leave like we did with our first because gently caress doing 8 hours in an airplane with 2 babies and a toddler. So yeah this whole twin business is inconvenient.

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 16:09 on Apr 17, 2017

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Finally decided to build a new computer because I wanted to for quite a while, but now I'm not sure there's any recent game I really want to play that warranted that decision.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Dr Christmas posted:

My dad keeps buying bananas. I only like them when they're just slightly green, and I gag once they start to get spots. So we have a new-ish bunch and the last member of the previous bunch and I'm gagging through it because I don't want to waste food and it just gets worse ughh.

You're an animal. Stop eating unripe food.

My dishwasher does a terrible job when there's some peanut butter left on some knives or some mashed potatoes left on a plate. So I have to rinse them well before putting them in the dishwasher which is really ruining my life. We're moving in a couple of weeks and I really hope the new dishwasher is etter than the current one

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

RCarr posted:

I just rip a corner off a paper towel and wipe the peanut butter off with that before I put it in the dishwasher. Try that! :)

That's not stupid but I really want to just throw them right in there like I used to :(

Bees on Wheat posted:

I don't have a dishwasher. :saddowns:

That doesn't sound 1st world to me :smug:

But seriously you're missing out. Dishwashers are the best

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I ate a bunch of junk food these past few weeks which is not something I usually do so my whole digestive system is hosed up

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I had to spend a poo poo ton of money to find three baby car seat that fit in my car so my kids will be safe because we like to have super strict norms when it comes to those things. Meanwhile when I was traveling in morocco we were riding cars that didn't have seatbelts nor airbags holding our son into our arms while other people did the same in another one of the backseat. Families would ride their deathtrap cars in large groups.

Making sure your kids don't die is such a hassle

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
My new microwave is loving annoying. If I put in a timer the input starts on the left side so if I hit 5 it thinks I want 50 minutes and I have to cancel and then hit 0-5-0-0 to get my five minute timer. Start on the right like every loving timer ever you stupid microwave.

And if that wasn't enough, it's not even consistent! Other settings go from right to left. Stupid microwave

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 22:44 on Aug 6, 2017

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Nutritionists aren't a real profession or legally protected title. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist. What you want is a registered dietitian.

Depends where you live. Here the prefered term is nutritionist and while both terms are protected they don't like being called dietitian since they want to be seen as more than people that give you a diet so you lose weight.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
The school I teach at this year is all about iPads and it's annoying me to no ends to teach with such a device instead of a laptop or god forbids paper and pen.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
My wife delivered two healthy twins and we have nothing to pay because of universal health care but now I have to take care of said twins and pay for some of their stuff, but it's mostly cheap and easy to find because of Facebook groups dedicated to used baby stuff. Oh and the hospital doesn't have free wifi, talk about a rip-off

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 03:49 on Oct 2, 2017

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I had to go vote in the municipal elections for the first time because one of the candidates is a loving lunactic. Never had to bother before since all candidates were more or less the same and/or there was no way to beat the previous mayor, but insane talk radio that push for that new rear end in a top hat scare me

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Nov 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I'm eating too much and not doing much sports because I have 9 weeks of paid paternity leave to take care of the twins. I think I may have gained some weight feel less fit than I ever was in my life. drat you paid leave and over abundance of food :arghfist:

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 03:58 on Nov 9, 2017