Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I bought something for 212$ on amazon yesterday. (shipped and sold by them)

Today it's 180$.

Asked them for a partial refund and they say no. I need to return (free) what I ordered yesteday and order a new one.

This is the dumbest thing ever so I just went to Best Buy instead and had them price match -10%.

Why the gently caress do they want to pay for the return and new shipment for the same product that is sold by them directly. And also means that I am way less likely to buy expensive things from amazon if they are also sold at best buy now because if I had used the product once I'd be out of luck while best buy will price match for 30 days after purchase.

I rarely get pissed at stuff like this but I loved you so much amazon :( You were my go to for everything and always wowed me with customer service up to now.

I think what makes me the saddest is that I will now need to not get most things at amazon even when they have to best price. It was so convenient :arghfist:

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Yeah I know they replaced some expensive items without questions when they got stolen because of stupid people handling the delivery (like no questions asked... I could literally lure too get a refund or a second copy and I think I'd get away with it... Probably a bunch of people abusing that)

But that I can understand. On the volume they got its probably fine. But that refund and reorder the same fuckong item policy is just insane

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

KingColliwog posted:

I bought something for 212$ on amazon yesterday. (shipped and sold by them)

Today it's 180$.

Asked them for a partial refund and they say no. I need to return (free) what I ordered yesteday and order a new one.

Follow up.

Yesterday I received the item. Did the return thing on amazon's website. It said the item cannot be returned.

I hit customer service and they say "yeah you can't return it we're sorry. So we will give you a full refund but you don't need to return the item".

What the gently caress. I'm happy don't get me wrong but what the gently caress amazon, why can't you make sense. You didn't want to give me back 30$ but happily gave me back 220$

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 20:03 on Nov 22, 2017

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
My 9 weeks of paid paternity leave are almost done so next week I have to go back to work for 3 weeks before my 2 weeks of xmas vacation. I don't want to :(

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Jesus, you really DO live in the First World! I am green with envy. Or possibly an untreated infection.

But it's not all perfect, I spent close to two of those week getting free healthcare when one of my sons was hospitalised and the room was pretty small. Just imagine, I had to sleep on a couch type thing! At least the oldest one could keep going to the almost free daycare!

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Thin Privilege posted:

Random thing: I posted the kimchi smilie and now I really want kimchi, but I have to drive min 30 min to get real kimchi. And it’s 4 am and I work in 6 hours so... no kimchi.

Make your own kimchi so you always have kimchi!

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Tiggum posted:

I don't think the mayonnaise is really making a significant difference to the salubrity of the meal, unless you're eating more mayonnaise than potato or something.

Yeah really. If you're eating fried food who cares about the mayo on it. If you're eating fried food often enough that not eating mayo with it would change anything at all to you overall health, then the problem isn't the mayo, it's that you're eating way too much fried food.

--

I got a nice check for Xmas... but now I have to go out that check in my account so I either need to go to the bank or find the app for my bank and figure out how to deposit a check with a picture. So much work :(

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

MisterBibs posted:

I really wish that the part of my reptile brain that loves fizzy sugary drinks would die off. I haven't had a single cup of Coke or Sierra Mist in over a decade (and the few times I did, they tasted undrinkable to me to the point of not finishing it), but I'll be damned if I don't keep a 4pack of 8z Red Bull in my fridge because sometimes my brain screams "Listen here you have fed me nothing fluid-wise but water, milk, and the rare Bud Light for the last two months and you are going to down eight ounces of fizzy sugar water right now".

Like, I otherwise eat pretty well, it's just internally frustrating to have such a strong pull towards something so unhealthy.

Have you tried fizzy water? Ever since I started drinking club soda I completely stopped drinking any sugary drink easily. Something I thought I would never be able to do

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

somedude posted:

Drinking more soda water than still water is a really good way to get kidney stones. I've known a few people who drink soda water or mineral water almost exclusively and they've all ended up with terrible kidney stone problems.

Didn't know that. I will have to read to see how much of a problem this can actually be.

Anyway I wasn't suggesting replacing all our even most water with soda water. Just to replace Stuart drink with soda water. I never have juice or coke and such anymore while I used to have a real soft spot for them. Now I'll drink one or two cans of soda water a day instead

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Ever since I started eating oatmeal with flax and hemp seed every morning and mostly beans for lunch, I started having unbelievably massive shits. On one side it's amazing because they are soft and my rear end never hurts anymore. On the other side, the shits are so huge that they loving clog the toilet. I had no idea this was possible.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Inzombiac posted:

That's just your body flushing out all your ~toxins~

But for real, you gotta start practicing the mid-poop flush technique.

Aleph Null posted:

Considering the diet, it probably comes out too fast to practice mid-poop flushing.

I probably have time. Will probably try that next time. It already feels like a dangerous and exciting mission

Mu Zeta posted:

It's ok to eat less fiber.

But it's delicious and healthy food :( And soft poops are great. The problem isn't the food, it's toilets not made to get as much poo poo in one go as I would usually produce in 4-5 days! I need a more powerful toilet!

Grevling posted:

I had similar shits when I was in East Asia and ate lots of greens, I was making GBS threads at squat toilets too so it was heaven. Can't beat it.

That must indeed be heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Tiggum posted:

The way you're describing this makes it seem like this is an unusual design to you. Isn't every toilet like this? Aside from really old ones?

I’m in canada and have only seen the two flush thing once.

I live in quebec where we have more fresh water than pretty much anywhere on the planet so that might be why