Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

gnarlyhotep posted:

3 pages and still no Kyrie? Are we finally free?

Has Effectronica been in yet? Their meltdown in the previous SJLAB thread was a thing of terrible beauty, and it would be nice to see a sequel.

edit: Oh, and hail Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Volume posted:

Why the need to read a thread when all I have to do is get a calculator and tap: 0 x 0 and then the equal button?

You get the answer that atheism asserts is where everything came from.

0 x 0 = atheism, not reality.

Good to see you carrying on the tradition.

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Agag posted:

Its starts being cool for clergy to be armed and fight during the Reformation. The famous ones who tried usually got stabbed in the face. This is why Luther is a lot more famous than Zwingli.

I've generally found Zwingli to be way more interesting, particularly his stance regarding socially-relevant issues like baptism and marriage.

In any case, hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

yung jew posted:

jesus lovers believe that life has no meaning and purpose aside from scoring a place in magical post-death Disneyland

FTFY

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ghaz posted:

im trying to give up my aferlife in kingdom of heaven for powers in this life but satan has not responded

That's because he is waiting for you to realize that the powers were inside you all along.

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Keep up the good work, Volume. It's nice to see the Son of the SJLAB thread keep moving along.

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Volume posted:

I'll make you a bet.

Two guys break into an atheist's home. He has a little atheist wife and two little atheist daughters. Two guys break into his home and tie him up in a chair and gag him. And then they take his two daughters in front of him and rape both of them and then shoot them. And they take his wife and decapitate her head off in front of him. And then they can look at him and say "Ain't it great that I don't have to worry about being judged. Ain't it great that there's nothing wrong with this? There's no right or wrong now is it dude?" Then you take a sharp knife and take his manhood and hold it in front of him say "wouldn't it be something if this was something wrong with this? But you're the one who says there's no god there's no right there's no wrong. So we're just having fun. We're sick. In the head. Have a nice day"

If it happened to them they'd probably say. "Something about this poo poo just ain't right."

Yeah, that was the Duck Dynasty jackass.

One of the most pathetic attempts at the inherently retarded "argument from morality" that I have ever seen. Nice to know that his fervent belief in the mythology of the ancient Middle East is the only thing keeping him from raping and murdering at random.

Religion - come for the sociopathy, stay for the hypocrisy.

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Kanthulhu posted:

he is copy-pasting poo poo he finds from christians elsewhere.

And doing an admirable job at it, too.

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Volume posted:

My assertion that God sent the Flood waters to Neptune (not Mars, as DAD asserts), is an honest guess, and my assertion that Noah lived in the area that is now New Jersey is something that I absolutely believe, and have [somewhat] backed up with Wikipedia.

:chanpop:

That post is a thing of terrible beauty.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

There are many ways to test the accuracy of the biblical worldview against naturalistic atheism (the worldview that controls most origins research). When our research is based upon biblical truths about the past, we find that our interpretations of the biological and geological facts make sense of what we see in the real world, whereas evolutionary interpretations don’t really fit what we see.

Let’s look at an example. The Bible says that God created distinct groups of animals “after their kind” (see Genesis 1). Starting with this truth of the Bible as one of our assumptions, we would expect to observe animals divided into distinct groups, or kinds. Creationists postulate that our creative God placed phenomenal variability in the genes of each kind, so there could be considerable variety within each kind. But the preprogrammed mechanism for variation within the kind could never change one kind into a different kind, as evolutionists claim and their belief system requires.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

A misanthrope posted:

how can you have such an awesome av but be such a terrible poster?

You do realize he is copying and pasting the inane Christer blurbs he is posting from external sites, right?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Agag posted:

I was talking to a guy who worked for an NGO in Afghanistan before the drawdown, and he said pulling bibles and crosses out of gift packages was a routine thing. Some Catholic charity sent a bunch of Christmas presents, and they had to unwrap them all, take out the bibles, and break down the rosaries into beads. So the kids got toys and beads, and the pocket bibles and crucifixes all got covered in gasoline and torched in a pit.

There's your Satanic Christmas in Sunni Muslim Afghanistan, courtesy of Catholic charities.

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Kanthulhu posted:

Yeah, that one was going alright till the last question there.

Jews obviously don't believe in God - that's why they killed Jesus.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

I've always wondered how many church leaders are secretly atheists.

Like that Creflo Dollar dude, he's got a good racket going.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clergy_Project

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Viridiant posted:

Something Awful is basically religion.

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

OMGVBFLOL posted:

im not reading twelve pages of buttmad nerds literally shakeing

Well, not in this thread you aren't. I don't think you're clear on :thejoke:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Who here knows of the superhero team, Avengers? Who here have seen the movie?
Now, do you know what is the meaning of “avenger”? It means someone who takes vengeance or the one committing revenge. Take note of this: the Lord said in Deuteronomy 32:35: “Vengeance is Mine.” What does that mean? It means only the Lord has the right to take vengeance on someone! Remember that the Lord will fight for you. Thus, He will surely be the one who will avenge you from those who have done evil to you.

If we take vengeance on our own, instead of letting God, then it means we do not trust Him. Not only that, but we insult Him. It means we don’t think of him as a just and powerful Superhero, that he is incapable of giving us justice. So if we truly trust Him as our Superhero, we will not be vengeful – doing revenge on our own – but will rather surrender to God the offense on us and let him be our Avenger.

Jesus will surely be happy if we let him be our Avenger.

So always remember:
1.) JESUS IS THE ONLY SAVIOR
2.) THE LORD PROTECTS ME ALWAYS
3.) THE LORD IS MY AVENGER

Let us be thankful for these truths. And let us be thankful that Jesus is our Superhero!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Come now Plaintiff Kenneth Smith, Pro se, and tax-paying citizen, supporting public schools. His complaint is against all Defendants', who've fostered the propagation of religious faith in our West Virginia public school machinery and government at large.
Their actions during the 2014-2015 school year affects my child's future directly through the state grading system to enter college and ability to earn economic security and a good job in her chosen veterinarian medical field of work, by being taught a faith base (evolutionary ideology) that just doesn't exist and has no math to back it.

http://ncse.com/files/1-main.pdf

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mr. Unlucky posted:

lol at all the life is temporary type people who are just a bunch of pedantic bitches trying to look smart and justify their failure lives

if none of this is going to be around why not make the most of it instead of posting like a human being oh wait there is no most of it to make right everything is pointless you should probably just shut the gently caress up and kill yourself then thanks in advance

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

quakster posted:

i really like that scripture is "just" fanfics of vague secondhand recollections of poo poo that probably went down, maybe. dumb poo poo like groverhaus and lost fingat would make for great religion. "lest man be slain by his own dwelling"

I could see "The Sermon from the Groverhaus" and "Parable of the Lost Fingat" being scripture.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

more like:
jebes: "be excellent to one another"
religious leaders: "be absolute trash at all times? sure thing, boss"

lmao

Jesus was more vague and self-contradictory than he was anything else. Christians have managed to portray him as some sort of noble and caring character, when if you actually read the texts from an objective point of view then for every good section attributed to Jesus there is one that is insane, cultish, obtuse, and/or sadistic.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ocean Book posted:

i was reading 'zealot', the book about jesus by a muslim guy that conservatives were angry about a couple years ago. an interesting point he made was that jesus existed during a period of great messianic (ie revolutionary anti-roman) fervor and that the gospel bible stories were written down not only after his life but after The Great Rebellion (https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=First_Jewish%E2%80%93Roman_War) in 66 AD. During this war the isrealites were totally crushed, which is why Jesus was retconned to be a hippie instead of a militant anti-roman zealot.

It's interesting to compare the Christian apocrypha to the stories of Jesus in the Koran. The Infancy Gospel of Thomas was clearly a major influence on Muhammad, for instance.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

mental illness driven victim complex

*ahem* Religion is not a mental illness - it is clearly a social disease.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Angles are my class mates, and tution is free.

Ahsome.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mathlete posted:

Satan is my batshit crazy professor who ogles all the girls in the class but has tenure so there's nothing the department can do about it.

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Astrofig posted:

Mormons believe it's totally acceptable (and even laudable) to marry six women, their underage daughters, three dogs and a goat.

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

zimboe posted:

Volume, please tell me you're not serious.

What am I saying, this is GBS.
Your just be fucken with us an' poo poo, you faux Jesus Junkie.

Did you notice that the thread has a title?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It is evident that the public majority is completely unaware that the Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem is going to split in half according to the Bible. Perhaps the most "epic" Bible prophecy, this is the epicenter of an earthquake so great that everything alive will feel it. Seismic has confirmed a fault line that goes east to west, the same direction the Bible predicts it will split. Even more amazing, the Bible tells us in the context that an eclipse occurs the very day it happens, allowing us to know in advance the exact moment this will happen.

Because the masses at large do not know this, shortly after this happens they will be deceived into thinking the Antichrist is ruling in Jerusalem. We are here to enlighten the public that it is Jesus Christ. If you are not enlightened by Bible prophecy, Jesus will do things that you will not expect him to, just like the Jews did not recognize Jesus as Messiah during his first coming. Jesus will conquer the earth as Lion of the tribe of Judah and set up God's kingdom after he splits the Mount of Olives, and many will try to stop him because they will believe Jesus is the Antichrist. Do not be one of those who are deceived.

http://www.august2nd2027.com/

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

A collection of old French anti-religious cartoons:

http://imgur.com/gallery/NXpk0

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

He's real mad about something.

Volume is doing the Lord's work in this thread, and I would kindly ask that you refrain from pestering him. This thread is a valuable public service, and you should thank Volume for his tireless efforts in keeping it running.

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I don't understand

Are you a Mormon?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

are you a retard?

Sorry, didn't mean to strike so close to home. My apologies.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOAT will be my new prime directive in live.

Hail Satan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Volume posted:

There was once a dig in siberia where they drilled to a new record depth and broke into a hollow chamber only to heae the screams of those from hell. If you haven't heard of this I know why. Atheists control the media and they suppress this sore of thing. They do the same to ghost sightings.

Please tell me this is from a recent post, like in the last month or so, and not something older.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

When first exposed to the creation model of earth history, Christians and non-Christians alike usually ask the same question: "What about the dinosaurs?" It seems that decades of evolutionary brainwashing have led many people to equate dinosaurs with evolution. Dinosaurs have long been an effective tool for teaching evolutionary dogma, but they really did exist, and therefore must somehow fit into the Biblical framework.

The Bible says that all things were created during the six-day creation week (Exodus 20:11, etc.), including dinosaurs. The reptilian dinosaurs were (by definition) land animals which were created on Day Six under the category of "beast of the earth" (Genesis 1:24, 25). There were also large marine reptiles created on Day Five (v. 21). Along with all animals and mankind, they were created to be plant eaters (vs. 29,30), for there was no death before Adam and Eve rebelled against God.

Of the many dinosaur fossils found, almost all give evidence of being plant eaters exclusively. Several of the dinosaur fossil types, however, do possess sharp teeth, sharp claws, spikes, armor plates, etc., perhaps used for a variety of offensive or defensive purposes. Of course scientists can never be certain about a creature's habits when they only have bits of dead ones to study, and most dinosaur fossils are extremely fragmentary, usually consisting of part of a single bone. And many animals alive today that have sharp teeth use them for strictly peaceful ends. But enough is known of dinosaurs to strongly suspect that some of them ate meat.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Volume posted:

Most who claim to be Christian--are Godless pagans. Most who are Biblically Christian--are Marxist Secular Humanists. They are very ignorant of God's written word--they are not heavenly minded--they are worldly minded--they are a disgrace. They in large measure are why America is in such a terrible place now--which will become much worse.

As for the 'pastors'--most of these have not been called by God to pastor a church--and a large percentage of these are not even Biblically Christian. Many of these, e.g., Rick Warren, Rob Bell, Bill Hybels, etc.--are Godless change agents--turning people away from the Gospel.

This is the best kind of Christian. FULL COMMUNISM NOW!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

almost forgot

At that time I was working at a place where there was one of those TV billboards across the highway from the office. It had that doomsday poster but actually counting down - it was funny as hell. I also appreciate that the silhouette dude on it looks more like he is straining with constipation over a squat toilet than he does anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

historically this sort of poo poo actually reaffirms their faith

https://books.google.com/books?id=i...20faith&f=false

brain is hosed up

This is the classic along those lines:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

• Locked thread