Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Personally I believe that the first step to any man's dating is to start groveling and disowning the patriarchy. Perfect way to get a girlfriend (don't call them your girlfriend though, lest you be branded a shitlord)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hadaka Apron posted:

Our interests overlap and we should hang out sometime! Pals are great.

How can your interests possibly overlap with this mess

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

God drat, Internet dating for women is as bad as they say it is. Girlfriend and I signed up for that MeetMe app to make some new friends because we are antisocial loners, and her phone has been blowing up with offers of sex and if asking if she likes being tied up or needs a side boyfriend.

We are literally in her profile picture together and her profile mentions me.

Dudes are thirsty as gently caress.

(Slightly offended that the only person to be horrific to me was a 60 year old woman from Ohio. What, I am not pretty enough?)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hobohemian posted:

Are you one of those weird couples looking for other couples to have sex with?

We honestly are just looking for more people to hit bars with or whatever without picking up "bar people", I am just surprised at the outpouring of sexual response. I guess I just am delusional and innocent and thought that a app focused more on friendships would be not as bad

ArbitraryC posted:

There are pros and cons, on one hand you get to deal with creeps constantly, on the other hand a lot of guys end up super depressed after they try online dating and get literally 0 attention. I mean in your example for example you are presumably attractive enough to date your girlfriend and yet she's got a ton of interest and you only have one 60 year old lusting after your loins, if you both signed up when you were single and you tried to message her, you probably would have been overlooked.

This is why dudes should date offline.

e: A funny article about what it's like on the other side of the fence:
http://www.vagabondish.com/female-foreign-japan/

We actually initially got together through OKC, actually, and stuck together for reasons, although I did strike pretty lucky after a year of trying. This all spawned out of a conversation about how we wish there was a similar matching service for casual friends.

I get the whole "no response" thing, I went on several dates in that time because of a spring of optimism and also lower standards, but there were definitely dry spells.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 29, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I immediately send dick pics as a sign of dominance as all of my fellow cool pick up artists advise

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

big_brother posted:

On one hand it's weird creepy and gross that dudes send dicks willy nilly, but on the other hand people need to chill out its a dick not a severed deer's head. Yet a person can have that on their profile pic. Go figure.

What if a dating site allowed nudes, then a filter to remove those with dick pics. You've filtered out like 90% of the guys who do it.

You don't understand. If they just wanted people to look at their dicks then they would post it in appropriate places. They get off on doing it where they aren't supposed to, like the trench coat flasher of yore

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

computer parts posted:

The introverts are more likely to use OKC in my experience.

Lot easier to weed out the crazies as well when you can read a long form super special snowflake profile

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Jubs posted:

I'm stunned that Tinder doesn't have an option to pay to see who's swiped right on your profile.

They should make a list of everyone that swiped left on you and make you pay to remove it

That is how you make the real bucks

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hit it before she quits it

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

notZaar posted:

Tinder isn't for dating though...

I know people that found long term relationships through grindr, anything is possible

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

It amazes me how many people dive into online dating with the explicit intent of finding Mr./Mrs. Right, because it is an insane prospect because it makes for astronomical requirements for even one date.

"Yeah he is a 9/10 in looks and personality but I don't know he just doesn't like Gilmore Girls as much as I do, skip"

Thank god I got out of it before tinder became a thing

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

fordham posted:

So how is a 30 year old socially retarded goon supposed to creep women out in this post-tinder world?

Uh did trench coat flashing stop being a thing?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

It's a code worded into an anagram, that works out to read I-A-M-V-E-R-Y-D-U-L-L

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Business Gorillas posted:

i dont understand people who put the "DONT loving BOTHER ME WITH SMALLTALK" on their stuff.

are these people actively looking for dates that divulge personal history and information at will to total strangers on the internet?

I can kind of see why because there are lots of people who just chat and chat and chat without sealing the deal and going on a real date, but still expecting people to open up with how their dad used to beat them or whatever just kills it too.

Several time I was taking to someone for like five minutes and they brought up that they were a year clean from drugs or that they were sexually assaulted or some poo poo. How do you continue casual conversation after that?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Plus just saying "hey" because people only look at pictures is entirely self-defeating because by only saying "hey" you are only -providing- a picture. At least with a "oh I like BLANK too" comment you start a conversation and provide a little insight rather than making the person read through your profile that is probably identical to six million other people.

I got my OKC QT by poking fun at her favorite book, it doesn't take much

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The Real Foogla posted:

Which is literally the most important thing. Afaik OKCupid even had a blog post about that.

Well yeah, obviously profile pictures are super massively important, but you aren't exactly helping yourself by being a wet blanket. Especially if you are just average, like most of the population

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

"I am only looking for friends so let me seed the pot by talking constantly about my sex life"

Also you know drat well that if someone showed up that was more giving and charitable than that lawyer chick then she would drop him like a hot coal because it would spoil her goody lovey princess position

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Corolary: When both an attractive man and an uggo send "hey" to a woman, only the uggo gets labeled a creep.

In the same way that rich people are eccentric but poor people are insane. Or how the dude from 50 Shades is confident and charming rather than abusive and creepy

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

notZaar posted:

No, being a "creep" is completely subjective to the emotional response of the recipient. You can't choose whether or not you're creepy any more than you can choose whether or not you're funny.

And yet if you are a abhorrent human being and ugly as sin to boot then creeping on ladies is going to be your only real interaction with them

And there are innately creepy things. Like the fifty year Olds that message 21 year Olds.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I don't understand people like this because anyone that meets her standards isn't going to put up with any of this poo poo unless she's literally Rhianna or something

She isn't alone because she is an egomaniac, it's that no men meet her basic standards duh

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Wicker Man posted:

Mikes a chick, actually.

Hush I want to see how deep he digs

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Sazabi posted:

I have a question. What is ageplay? And what is primal(predator/prey)? All my mind can come up with is pretending to be really old and screaming at your partner during "OW OW MY BACK! GET THE HELL OFF ME! MY BACK YOU SEACOW, MY BACK WENT OUT. I don't give a drat about spoiling the mood. My god drat back is out."

And the primal one sounds like furries but instead of costumes it's more like discovery channel where the lions eat the zebra.

Ageplay is when you want to gently caress a five year old and primal is when you want to gently caress a lion in human form

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

you're not hung up on your ex at all :tipshat:

You know what they say about boomerangs, they might go back to where they started but they hit stuff on their way

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

i was supposed to have a date tonight with a guy, but he canceled because he was hitting it off with some other chick. it would have been nice if he'd told me about her earlier, like at any time in the week since we set the date, but it's cool. i have nothing against multi-daters.

Multidating was always weird to me. Maybe I am just not hip/jaded enough with the online dating thing, but the idea of hedging your bets by setting up successive dates or even one after the other is horrifically unromantic. Especially for the one earlier in the night, what if you want to bone but then have to cancel last minute for someone else?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

"Daddy daddy daddy, tell us about how you met mommy!"

"Well kids, I had dates set up with six different women one day and most of them were solid sevens while your mother was more of a seven point one and the rest is history"

naem posted:

First dates are just coffee/ drinks and conversation you can totally do a couple a week it's fine sheesh

It's less of a time thing and more of "okay I have coffee scheduled with four different girls this week because I take the shotgun approach to romance"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Psycho Society posted:

I think we are missing the real shotgun approach to dating here... mass messaged dick pics

I just sort by female and then have a script that mails thehammerMjölnir.jpg to anyone matching that criteria.

The Wizard of Poz posted:

its entirely normal for relationships to start with non-exclusive dating and then turn into an exclusive thing when both people feel like they've hit it off. how is this concept so alien to people oh yeah i'm posting in the okcupid thread :pwn:

"Non-exclusive dating" isn't really dating its just hanging out and sometimes you bang.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 20, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

i went to hs in alabama and this was the thing that every christian chick said and then they tried anal once (because 16 year old dudes just ram it in on first time anal lol) and were like gently caress no just put it in my vag from now and and then they just pretend to be in to the whole virgin before marriage thing but the truth is after the second or third date they start putting out but if they do start putting out they start getting real creepy real quick like texting i love you and poo poo like that and its like drat girl we went and saw cloudy with a chance of meatballs then banged on your couch give me a bit before we start with the i love you stuff

in my experience

Teenagers are insane, news at 11.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

LethalGeek posted:

...I think this person liked me for some reason :stonk:

The phrase "wet it up" has an extremely different context here

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Nirvikalpa posted:

Apparently they raised $352 to change their legal name to Paint

https://www.youcaring.com/paint-presently-darla-fremmerlid-363633

How sickeningly adorably quirky!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

paco650 posted:

Could you imagine dropping out over an elective? I mean, even in community college you could just stop showing up and be out the $100 or whatever and move on with your life. Maybe take an elective that's not so loaded down in identity politics.

Thing is, they see it as a mark of pride and honor that they dropped out of that shitlord college over it, so simply ignoring it wouldn't feed into a hero complex

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Wicker Man posted:

I dunno, it still sounds like mental illness that gets some guys hot for bigger girls, not a legit attraction to their bodies.

Some people like some weird poo poo, who knows. Rather have someone attracted to big girls than the greasy nerds that refuse to date anyone that isn't a supermodel because "they can't help who they are attracted to" and "they shouldn't have to lower their standards"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I mean some single people exercise for the sake of feeling good, yes, but some people also pick up guitar entirely out of love for the instrument

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Yawgmoth posted:

Stop having sex with actual bears, hth

If you have never had a good old fashioned Clawjob then I pity you

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I don't get how all these hideous women are in these poly relationships. Not only finding someone to lay them, but finding multiple people that are willing to put up with being a perpetual side piece

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Lufiron posted:

there's a reason why they're always looking. they wanna be poly, but there's always just 1 other person and no one else, perpetually

That is a good point. Well, I guess to some people being poly is maybe an ego boost, especially if you are enough of a sad sack to want to hit...that, you would probably worship at her feet. People are odd

VVVV True, Normal People can handle that kind of thing without having to make it into some sort of crusade

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 4, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Lufiron posted:

well yeah casual dating is more temporary because you have the options of new opportunities as the pool of mutual attraction is much larger

poly is similar except you have forced "relationships" to keep it going because if it fizzled out normally then there'd be a huge in between period of nothing and searching

I guess they do it to themselves, but man "you are okay til someone better comes along" is just cruel

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

i wonder why you get insulting messages all of the time (bolded here was exactly what's bolded in her account)

edit: woman wants to date herself, figures that most people are subhuman for even having the gall to talk to her, then wonders why she gets constantly insulted

Of course the other side of it is the "oh god you like the Leafs" dude or, god help us, the "If you don't like these specific animes and games you are subhuman" neckbeard

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

there's too much going on here to bold highlights

It reads like one of those "can we make a profile complete nonsense and still get tons of pms" things

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I like video games so I am quirky, hopefully I can find a military man that is used to people with crappy personalities and lifting heavy things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

There is nothing better than hearing about one spouse convincing/bribing/threatening the other into an open relationship, then proceeding to get laid exactly zero times while the other spouse goes hog wild

• Locked thread