Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
That makes no sense...? What ever stops them from breeding, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

YeahTubaMike posted:

i have my income set as "rather not say" because i'm worried about moochers

Set it to "over $1m" because gently caress everyone who cares about that.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
i cant tell if she liked Age of Ultron or not

quote:

My self-summary
I think that it's really indicative of who I am that this stayed as a one sentence non-descriptor for something like 6 months because I kept meaning to write something better. So now I've made it two sentences and it's like, way more meaningful.

I'm a slytherin libra and feel that because this is the most accurate and succinct way to describe myself that... that pretty much tells you everything you need to know.

What I’m doing with my life
Studenting, for the most part. With the school season starting up, and a somewhat indeterminate future in 2016, I'm mostly looking for something casual.

I’m really good at
Writing, REDACTED [ed - her words not mine], marathoning television series in a short period of time, walking in broken heels, memorization of things that would never in any capacity be useful
The first things people usually notice about me
Hair.

(people also probably hear me from literally miles away oops)

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
In general there are too many to name, but I'm passionate about sci-fi and fantasy as a whole.

I love reading but haven't had much time for it lately, instead focusing on the delicious bite-size chunks of Marvel comics.

In terms of TV / Movies that I'm currently watching / have watched recently, Misfits, Hannibal, American Horror Story, Sense8, MAD MAX, the assorted pop-culture conglomerate superhero marvel/DC movies, and probably a bunch more I can't think of at the moment.

I'm a filthy hipster and my music is bad and I should feel bad.

I spend a lot of time thinking about
Playlists built around fictional characters. Or archetypes. Or situations. Playlists. I think about playlists. A lot.

The crushing disappointment of societal standards.

(playlists about societal standards)

Why I was hesitant to list feminism here.

On a typical Friday night I am
Staying up way too late given the fact that I usually have to work early in the morning. But since this question's really meant to be more of a 'what activities do you enjoy!!?' I'll give it a better answer: Playing boardgames. Playing video games. Watching video games. Visiting museums. Finding out what juice goes best with hibiscus and pomegranate flavoured vodka because this bottle is way too big and I need to justify my impulse purchase.

You should message me if
come with me to a museum come with me to a museum come with me to a museum

age of ultron left a bitter salty taste in your mouth because joss whedon doesn't know when to loving pull out

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
is the new site layout an elaborate scheme to drive everyone to Tinder or what

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Surprisingly fairly normal, are we allowed to post pics?
Block eyes, profile names and any identifying info. Or don't if it makes it funnier.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
guess the biological sex, win... well nothing really

quote:

Bisexual, Woman, Single, 160cm, Overweight

White, Speaks English, Working on High school

Never smokes, Drinks socially, Sometimes does drugs, Doesn’t have kids, Has dogs, Has cats, Cancer sign
Looking for single people, near me, ages 19‑36, for short & long term dating and new friends.

My self-summary
Looking for friends and a good time. Just got out of a long term relationship so nothing serious for now... not saying that wont happen eventually. Currently doing alot of gaming and getting back out there.

Looking for FWB , Dom/Sub , Open to anything really.

Currently going back to school while getting my life together.

I’m really good at
I'm a pretty good cook.
I also tend to play alot of video games.

Harry Potter, Doctor Who , Game of Thrones, Orange is the new black , Attack on titans , Torchwood , American Horror Story.

The six things I could never do without
Internet
Family
Pets
Food
Beer
Love

Sitting at home on Tera or Netflix

You should message me if
If your seeking a good time Msg me. I'm open to most things atleast once ;)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

Queer, Sapiosexual, Lesbian, Woman, Genderqueer, Transfeminine, Transsexual, Open relationship, 181cm, Full figured

White, Other ethnicity, Speaks English, Atheist (but it’s not important)

Smokes regularly, Drinks socially, Sometimes does drugs

My self-summary
Andrew.
(they/them, she/her...)
(...anything but bro, man, or he)

I'm a mediocre artist in most mediums but I excel at digital collage & animation, zines, prop making, the ukulele and the accordion.

I'm a frustrated skeptic. I've read through a lot of science literature on identity, the brain, and chimp behavior and the weird thing was once I started diving down that "rabbit hole" I started to realize everyone most people are pretending they know what's going on.

I try to brighten up the scenery.

My *outrageous* art
[url]http://[/url]<nope>.tumblr.com/

30% - Sleeping
18% - Drawing
15% - Socializing
15% - Watching Twilight Zone/Sailor Moon/Planet of the Apes stuff
12% - Ukulele
10% - Accordion

I’m really good at
Cribbage sets my heart on fire

I live/work as a cook when I need money, and I'm quite the stoned macgyver of cooking. I enjoy cooking with friends, and love slow cooking/soup making/and canning.

I live a musical lifestyle. Whether it's whistling about, making up a song, playing an instrument, or consuming music. I enjoy an anthropological approach to my research, tracing how and where music moved geographically.

I'd also like to think I've grown up to be a better skeptic than I was two years ago. I used to allow others to push me around quite a bit because I thought that a good skeptic knew how to compromise in each situation. But I've grown to be more vocal. I have also been writing for the last two years. Mostly to pen pals but on occasion I get stuck up on a thought and I find writing it out helps me see the thought clearer. It's like the opposite of talking out a math problem : P

gently caress - Rod Serling
Marry - Jane Goodall
Nemesis - Amanda Palmer

Yeah, I changed the format. The kill thing is harsh. But, also, so is Amanda Palmers' artistry. (sorry, totally not sorry)

Broccoli
Sketch book
Deck of cards.
The numerical system
The scientific method
My butter butt.

From Wiki...

The Cotard delusion (also Cotard's syndrome and walking corpse syndrome) is a rare mental illness, in which an afflicted person holds the delusion that they are dead, either figuratively or literally; yet said delusion of negation is not a symptom essential to the syndrome proper.

I don't have Cotard's syndrome, but I often wonder what it must be like.

Daydreaming is the new television, I hear.

You should message me if
You ever wanted a familiar not unlike Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

-Sassy attitude
-Smooth demeanor
-Sardonic one-liners

And if you think I'm smart & cute to boot!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

My self-summary
intj. bookworm. writer. gamer. feminist.

i like vladimir nabokov, reading about serial killers, listening to music, painting, russian history, and watching netflix. femme as hell, i love makeup, dresses, doing my hair, and just being a woman. soft-spoken around strangers but i am very extroverted around friends and can be the life of the party. social smoker and drinker. enjoys parties, and feel free to invite me to them if you wanna see me irl.

in love with nature, the outdoors, and just going on adventures. i love the beach, especially going to the bay when it's nighttime. i walk most places. love urban exploring and walking in the grave yard.

moving out this summer. currently a student. i carry a lot of emotional baggage. depersonalization, anxiety, depression, bouts of paranoia. but i'm really sweet and am always up for a cuddle. very chill. totally open to whatever. i got purple hair to my mid back, blue eyes, very pale skin, a septum, and im about 6'1.

add me on snapchat - <nope> 💅

going to parties. chilling. sleeping. writing a whole lot. reading a whole lot. being very introspective. listening to a lot of music. screaming occasionally.

I’m really good at
writing. it's my main talent. i also am pretty bomb at playing video games, i could go pro. destiny and assassin's creed are the ones im best at; i was in the top 3% of assassin's creed multiplayer.
this is a broad one but i like curry, orange is the new black, lolita, and anything that can further distance me from reality. i really like mad max and the babadook. i also would definitely bang chris pratt circa parks and rec so fast you wouldn't even see me.

like-minded people.
mods.
earphones.
badly sung karaoke at midnight.
crying out of happiness.
my long hair.
music.
electrolytes.

everything. i overanalyze and over think everything. im full of stress and coffee.

gaming. hanging with my friends or going to a party. moping about never having a romantic partner.

You should message me if
you are cool w/ me being pansexual and a feminist and vehemently anti-gamergate.

quote:

Who's smarter on average?

A: Women

“this isn't an opinion question there are statistics”

:swoon:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Necc0 posted:

She may have done that just for the rage messages because there's no way she hasn't gotten at least a few, ITS ABOUT ETHICS IN GAMES JOURNALISM openers with that.
the profile pic was unremarkable but based on facial expressions she is 100% serious. about everything.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

Straight, Woman, Open relationship, 173cm, Fit

White, Speaks English and some French, Attended University

Never smokes, Drinks socially, Doesn’t have kids but might want them, Dislikes dogs, Dislikes cats

My self-summary
I'm in a long-term, open relationship and I'm seeking additional casual sex partners.

I work, cook, exercise, and have incredibly deep and meaningful conversations with my friends. I try my best to be as helpful as humanly possible.

I'm an avid Margaret Atwood fan, and I also really like "The Guide to Getting It On" and "The Ethical Slut."

1. Swearing
2. Exercise
3. Fruits and vegetables
4. Y'know.
5. Effective contraceptive methods
6. Cognizance

You should message me if
You should message me if you meet the following criteria:
a. you are not sending me a dick pic
b. you have a comprehensive understanding of feminism
c. you are comfortable with explicit conversation
d. you are familiar with polyamory/open relationships
e. you can come up with a haiku or a bitchin' pun. I can be wooed with these things... haik-wooed, if you will.
f. you don't pull the one- or two-liner bullshit wherein you say "what's up" or toss me a vague compliment. I'd like a well thought out paragraph of text, please. If you don't make me think, I'm not going to respond.

Strange Corollary: If you are physically disabled and want to pursue sex, let me know. I'm comfortable with (and desire!) "unconventional" forms of sex if you will, and I have also been physically disabled. As such, if you're pissed off at the world because people look at your cane/wheel chair/colostomy bag/stump and dismiss all of your attractive qualities, know that I feel you bro, and if you're a cool person, I'll probably find you attractive. I know it's a strange little thing to tack onto a profile, but I remember wishing people would give me the time of day when I was glaringly different.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

Straight, Demisexual, Queer, Woman, Genderqueer, Single, 168cm, Average build

White, Speaks English and French, Attended Masters program

Never smokes, Doesn’t drink, Doesn’t have kids and doesn’t want them, Aquarius
Looking for men, near me, ages 28‑38, for non-monogamous short & long term dating and new friends.

My self-summary
It was about time I overhauled this profile and started over! It's still me, obviously, but I've pared things down a little and made some updates.

Politically, I'm an anarchist. I have profoundly egalitarian ideals and spent several years involved in activist projects, union work, and collectively running an anarchist bookstore/library. After a few years' respite, I'm taking stock of where I'm at and where to direct my limited energy.

I've selected the terms "woman" and "straight" for search engine algorithm purposes, but the words don't feel right. In my own words I consider myself genderqueer and I tend to be interested in men. I lost interest in/got bored with sex for a few years and don't have a strong libido, but, if we have the right chemistry, I'd be open to exploring it again. I enjoy (negotiated) power-play and identify as a bottom.

I'm polyamorous: I believe one can love multiple people and maintain multiple ongoing, loving, committed relationships. This doesn't mean all my relationships look the same; it means that I'm open to exploring various kinds of connections with new people and I do not treat dating as a stepping stone toward monogamy. I am not into hierarchical poly configurations, which tend to treat non-primary partners as disposable, and I don't do vetoes or DADT. I do want to build romantic relationships and intimate friendships (lovers, playmates, cuddle-buddies) with single and non-single people who recognize me as an equal participant in the decisions that affect me. I am interested in building life partnerships, but recognize that those connections are rare.

I *love* the new poly book "More Than Two: A practical guide to ethical polyamory"; it is easily the most interesting and useful thing I've read on the subject thus far. If you need further convincing, it includes references to Emma Goldman, Neil deGrasse Tyson, *and* Douglas Adams! 'nuf said.

After spending too many years in school pursuing degrees in subjects that no longer brought me joy, I decided to try my hand at organic farming. I'm currently farming a small plot of rented land in the city but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it a viable long-term thing. Essentially, I'm trying to find a balance between my values and paying the bills, but in a way that doesn't bore, hurt, or exhaust me. I'm considering attending library school in 2016 to build a solid Plan C.

I love to grow, cook, preserve, and find creative ways to prepare food. I've worked in health food retail, sold my own produce and homemade preserves, and worked on organic farms. I have a couple of food-related jobs that shift with the seasons. My free time usually involves hanging out with friends, playing my banjo or manjo, cooking/canning/dehydrating food, or working on a variety of projects.

I’m really good at
Critical thinking while also being very open-minded. Reading books while walking. Empathy.

The first things people usually notice about me
My tattoos, usually. Also, my eyes and the fact that I'm always smiling. I've been told that I have a "sunny" personality.

Books: Anything by Ivan E. Coyote, Dean Spade, or Douglas Adams. I feel drawn to material from/about the Appalachian region, such as works by Harriette Simpson Arnow and Mary Noailles Murfree. I like a lot of nonfiction as well, including Emma Goldman's "Living my Life" and various works on anarchist theory & practice (esp. Cindy Milstein), alternative relationships, discussions of gender/sexuality/queer issues, alternative mental health, prison abolition, some labour history, transformative justice, food politics... Oh, and Pride & Prejudice & Zombies. Obviously.

Movies/TV: I'm a sap for terrible rom-coms, and I really like British humour, sci-fi comedy, zombie and apocalyptic themes, and the occasional documentary.

Music: I'm generally pretty fond of DIY folk-punk, punk, folk, bluegrass... I love banjo music so much. Saves the Day and Chopin will always hold a special place in my heart.

Webcomics: xkcd, Homestar Runner (esp. Teen Girl Squad!), and sometimes PhD Comics.

Podcasts: Poly Weekly, The Ruminant, Vinyl Cafe, Grownups Read Things They Wrote as Kids, Tell Me Something Good...

Audiobooks, audiobooks, audiobooks, audiobooks, audiobooks, and audiobook reader Luke Daniels. Seriously. Sometimes his voice is what gets me through the day. Without audiobooks, farming would be extremely boring. I listened to Neal Shusterman's "Unwind" at least 3 times this summer and will keep adding it into the rotation forever.

Food & accessibility. Prefigurative politics & practice. The state of the world. Consent & boundaries. Accountability.

Working, usually.

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I'm not private about this at all, but in 2008 I had my tubes tied to guarantee that I will never bear children. Thank loving god.

I should also mention that I have a pretty terrible memory. I can usually remember how I felt about a book I've read or a movie I've seen, but it's pretty unlikely that I'd be able to synopsize it for you! UPDATE: I've recently discovered that I very likely have adult AD(H)D, which perfectly explains this and some other issues I struggle with. I'm not hyperactive in the sense you would think, but I definitely struggle with attention span, time management, seeing/understanding "the big picture", dissociation, and boredom.

You should message me if
You're welcome to message me if you think we might hit it off or find some sort of special connection, but I tend to ignore and/or delete (and/or troll) obnoxious or canned messages.

I want more people in my life who are trying to become the best possible versions of themselves, especially in terms of how they treat other people. My Myers-Briggs personality type is INFJ, which means I pretty much have a built-in rear end in a top hat- and bullshit-radar [believe it or not, AD(H)D can explain this, too] and prefer to spend my time with people who are honest, caring, genuine, sincere, etc...

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

Gay, Bisexual, Demisexual, Pansexual, Questioning, Androgynous, Non-binary, Other, Single, "A little extra" build

Native American, Speaks English and some German

Never smokes, Doesn’t have kids but might want them, Capricorn

My self-summary
I'm a geek ,I like books, tea an coffee enthusiast, talk to me I'm pretty shy an awkward at first an anxious,

Being happy

I’m really good at
Finding GIFs or photos to describe things,finding unique things, loosing train of thought, writing character fluff such as back stories

Past stuff, mental health, how to help people, should I help people, am I a hero or the villain? Does this person like me? Am I bothering their existence? Lots of stuff

Watching Netflix ordering probably pizza or or wonton soup , cuddling hopefully

You should message me if
Your interested

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Chunderbucket posted:

We get it, you live in Ottawa
:laugh: nope, dodged that bullet

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

man i got a real winner i wanna pastebin the whole profile.
Hang it up like a record-breaking shark.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

i think you can only see it on the app now.

Mouse over the dot next to their username.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

loquacius posted:

"M4 drag queen sea monsters and genre fiction writers maybe" is actually the title of my Craigslist personal

I have seen serious replies w/ dick pics to an ad titled "wrestle my giant eel".

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

Queer, Genderqueer, Non-binary, Open relationship
Speaks English
Smokes regularly, Does drugs often, Has dogs, Has cats, Virgo
Looking forwomen, near me, ages 20‑90, for short & long term dating, casual sex, and new friends.

My self-summary
Queer. I am romantically attracted to feminine energies with strong, crusty edges. Poly. I have other partners, that's cool. Its not a heirarchy, though some of them are very important to me and that's reflected in my life choices. Kinky/I love my daddy. Genderqueer. Gender neutral doesnt necessarily mean andro masculine and angular. Femme. Pronoun: they/them.

Virgo sun, Leo moon, Aquarius ascendant. Astrology is pretty important to me and I might ask for yr birth date and time.

I have a degree in English and I love to analyze things. I also have a degree in gender studies and think a lot about how to actualize my politics, solidarity movements, and how to be a kind person in the world. I have most of a masters degree in public policy and also this nifty anxiety disorder? So from that, I got most of a barbering certificate and an identity crisis. Now I have a cat.

Crafting. Bikes. Dogs. Long walks. Herbs (wild crafting. If herbs are a thing you do, message me! I want to learn!)

Learning how to be present in my body. Working through anxiety and not getting paid for it. Spending time with my cat Odin and my dog Freja. Considering my next move and the direction I want my life to take. Learning how to get out of my head.

This question has caused an existential crisis.

I’m really good at
Making something from nothing.
Reading peoples energy and feeling the shifts.
Baking vegan cookies.
Making bomb sandwiches and smoothies.
Picking out weird prints and colors that go surprisingly well with each other.
Cutting hair (I went to barbering school).
Getting really excited about new projects.
Not finishing projects.

Im a virgo, which means i spend too much time thinking, period. Things i like to think about : Food, how to feed myself, how to feed others, body politics, being a witch, reading my cards (wildwood), gender, body hair on femmes (++++), what new series to start on Netflix, the people I miss, the people I want to know, my witchdog, radical politics, smoking weed versus sobriety

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I read an article about Siren tonight and it sounds like it was written by and for the last two profiles. Confirm/Deny?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

cyberia posted:

Hmm. Hmmmmmm. Hmmmery hmm. Surely admitting to using drugs on this public internet profile while I'm going through a divorce and custody battle will not hurt me in any way. No sirree, not at all :downs:
If the mom doesn't have custody that ship has probably sailed.

computer parts posted:

Oh btw, the pics on this one are not what you expect, which is partially why I posted it.

Fist of the South Star.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 15, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

:nws:http://thelaceserpent.tumblr.com/post/133769816582/arabelleraphael-i-caught-my-roommate-sniffing:lol:

freya french if you want to steal all her porn

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 24, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

this is siren's loving sign-up sheet and the sneaky fucks don't even warn you about their target audience until after you give them a phone number

good thing I have a burner because this will be funny

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
no fun was had because siren doesn't have any users within two hundred miles of me

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

It... super-liked me, Ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

• Locked thread