Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Waltzing Along posted:

I've never even seen a 99% match.

99% matches only exist if the person is on the other side of the country and hasn't logged in in the last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Yeah, cash is pretty retro. We've gone debit card these days, haven't we. Sort of like how I noticed in GTAV I was getting more cash from people I was robbing in the sticks than in the city during one playthrough.

Still, I'm a bit of a hipster. I'm still trying to find a place that will take Pullman Scrip as payment for meals. No takers yet.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
This article came up about someone dating on OKCupid and how white guys are attracted to Asian women.

http://digg.com/2015/fighting-yellow-fever

"Stephanie matched with this guy on a dating website, who actually got her on the phone to warn her about another guy who only dated Asian women, was abusive, and had herpes."

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Of course, she'd better be careful about trying that with the guy with the herpes. Not sure if it can be spread through biting someone's hands, but I wouldn't risk it.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
In my defense, though, WebMD isn't very detailed on hand-biting herpes transmission.

We have oral herpes, genital herpes, etc. So, would we call hand-based herpes 'digital herpes'

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Oddly relevant news story that popped up today.

http://news.yahoo.com/herpes-virus-gives-man-blistery-finger-infection-145438816.html

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Women are more skilled at counterfeiting coinage and men are better at making fake bills on a printer. Duh.

edit: The technology boom is closing that gap though. In a few years, thanks to men using 3D printers and women using more desktop publishing programs, it'll be about the same.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
So, another article about meeting someone you don't like on OKCupid popped up...

IT HAPPENED TO ME: My OKCupid Date Called Me "Rubensian"...and I Slept With Him Anyway

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
More OKCupid horror stories: 3 men jailed for separate sex assaults of 12-year-old girl from OKCupid dating website
http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/men-jailed-for-separate-sex-assaults-of--year-old/article_9bc07c42-3456-11e5-acae-b7b3d5804e78.html

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Outside of major urban areas, I think OKC is sort of a dead zone to the point that I don't even know why I keep mine active. So much clutter anymore. I think they need to do a "Crisis on Infinite OKCupids" where we just restart the whole OKC from scratch so we don't have to deal with the continuity of old profiles that are no longer relevant.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Oddly enough, the Yahoo Personals of about a dozen years ago were pretty well-populated. I don't know why, though.

Then I realize, "Well, I was nearly a dozen years younger, too, so there would have been a lot more people in my age-search window."

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Another slow news day, another OKCupid article.
How OkCupid helped him find his geek love

Article needs a new title, because it had like 2 sentences about his 'geek love' and the rest is about a girl who he broke it up with because she wasn't. Maybe it's some sort of "How I met your mother" thing.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Maybe like a condom or something? Sort of like that thing they sell around Halloween that you drill a hole in a pumpkin with and blend up the innards with some sort of brush and poor them out... Except for bananas.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Breetai posted:

Who wants to bet that the 'ethical issues' that this person had with Disability Studies was some bullshit about how considering disabled people as less physically capable of doing A Thing is inherently ableist?

If there was an issue with a class, that sounds like an elective humanities course unless it was specifically required for a specific major like Physical Therapy or something. It seems like it'd be easy enough to change to something like "First Nations History" or "Gender Studies" or "Media Studies".

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
It's all a test: To pass, you would have been smart enough to gradually make yourself immune to most poisons over the years just in case of just this situation, strong enough to overcome the small amount of drugs or crafty enough to switch the drinks when she wasn't looking.

She's wanting to date Batman, is what I'm saying.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Otisburg posted:

thought you were going princess bride with this one

I was about to, I'm not going to lie...

Chances are, you won't be alone for long, either... Part of the increasingly dangerous game is her introducing herself to people in your life who are just concerned where their old friend went. One by one, making them fall victim to the same scheme.

"Don't worry," she'll whisper. "These people don't mean a thing to me... They're just here for you..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Batman might change the world, but Gotham is still a shithole of crime and madness. Get your own house in order, Batman!

• Locked thread