Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Necc0 posted:

t:mad: u Daeno

Just creatin' some rivalries off the bat.

A request, if you will. That we allow Mr. Pink to play in this tournament so I can draft him into my team (if I am a captain)

I wish to create the ultimate heel team. :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Goons + public spreadsheets is like watching cancer develop in realtime

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Minineo also casts

And he's great at it

Daeno
May 29, 2007

RipDouglas posted:

No, I think there are a lot of different sub sets of people who like playing together within this group of people, and that letting them make teams with the people they enjoy playing with most creates a more invested attitude (for example the AutNIP team beach called, fairly balanced and a bunch of friends, who are 100% going to show up to play because of it). One person getting picked to a team they don't like pretty much ruins it for the whole team when they decide to ditch.

Don't worry, I will take all the discarded players, the outcast goons, the banned goons, and we will galvanize into something greater than the sum of our parts.

:siren: REVENGE OF THE GOONS :siren:

Daeno
May 29, 2007

kcer posted:

75 out of 100, or... 75%

uhhhh might want to check your math there chief.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Fat Lou posted:

I tried my best. rip

We were all watching and cheering you guys on. You gave it the ol' college try. Well played. :911:

Daeno
May 29, 2007

GottaCon Lan update:

About to do group stages, there's a few pretty good teams here. 4 groups, top 2 teams from each group advance to playoffs.

My team's in group D, chuchill's in group C with his.

Sadly I don't think there is any streaming for CS:GO, seems like all the attention is on League and Dota, will have to see though.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

They are streaming some group stage games apparently!

http://www.twitch.tv/gottacon

Doubt they will do mine but perhaps.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

lol...so group stage...all matches have all 30 rounds played nomatter what...

So if you win 16-1...keep playing all 30 out....wtf

Bracket is up here

I'm in group D for team 'All You Can Eat'.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Lost first match 7-16!

2nd match...uh...who knows...

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Won our 2nd game 16-9. Gotta win the next one to go through.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

lost 6-16! The dream is dead. Churchill is still in it though!

Daeno
May 29, 2007

They put us in the loser bracket for big babbies, still a chance to be king of the trash heap.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Sitting Bull posted:

i wish our teams had played right when i joked about that, since my whole team bailed right after.

Now we will never know (you guys would have stomped us into paste)

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Loser finals :toot:

Daeno
May 29, 2007

kcer is a genius

Daeno
May 29, 2007

There's some joke that merges mouse sensitivity and people being sensitive about taking advice but I just can't find it.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

40 OZ posted:

... in ESEA pugs you'll see guys who are nearly pros. They are less scary than the "smurfs" I run into in MM, in silver. ...

Wait what?

Norton posted:

I've never been lower than DMG so I can't say. All I know is that once you start playing supremes and globals you are going to have a cheater in 90%+ of your games.

Honestly if you "care" about improving you should probably pack your bags and head for ESEA or something once you hit DMG/LE.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

How good is ESEA for someone who really appreciates the ability to look at the clock and say, "Hm, I have 90 minutes, how about some Counter-strike?" and get in a game immediately? I usually play between 7-10PM Pacific, but I don't have a ton of time to do so and would strongly consider signing up as long as it's fast and easy to get in a game.

About the same as MM in my experience, the more popular your map options the faster the queue pops.

Although earlier in the thread you mentioned you were silver, yeah? There's better ways to improve rather than paying 7$ a month to get thrown around like a human basketball.

And if you're Canadian it's like 8.50/month now...loving weak rear end dollar. Recently booked a hotel in the states, holy poo poo I got owned.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

kcer posted:

Ease yourself into the game each day by starting with a gentle, low sensitivity. As you warm up, gradually increase the sensitivity.

The bob ross of cs:go

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Crain posted:

Nah, I've had closer games and done better. But I'm more sorry for (potentially) ruining other people's good times.

No need to apologize, we all have games like that. Usually if I'm getting frustrated I just step away and do something else after the game.

When you were on there, there were goons with a higher average skill level than normal online, so don't take it too hard.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I'm really glad I'm not crazy for thinking that B site is really hard as T on dust 2. I'm kind of surprised hearing that being a good player who uses grenades effectively won't mitigate it though.

For dust 2 as long as you smoke CT mid and pincer B it's not too bad.

Also overpass A isn't the worst, pengy is right if you smoke bank you basically only have to check to the right...pretty easy.

If you are trying to clear site it can be annoying because there's 1000 places to hide, but with good smokes it's not too bad, just get that bomb down and pull back, retaking A is a pain in the rear end.

Daeno fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 8, 2015

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Hah, well, I'll get there eventually, I suppose. I don't see people pincer B in my games, even 5-stacks. I did it for the first time a few days ago and it worked out, but I do have a pretty specific question about it.

I'm assuming that to pincer B you need to send someone through mid(hence the smoke at CT you mentioned) and go in through window/door as your teammates emerge from tunnels. That's what we did, anyway. But in many of my games, there's an AWPer standing between the doors in mid. There's also often someone counter-sniping from T spawn, but it's not exactly uncommon for that guy to get shot and killed 10 seconds into the round. So if my team is already in the tunnel and expecting me to pincer, but there's an AWPer right there, what do I do? Time for plan B, or is there some way to beat the AWPer consistently, assuming he stays right where he is?

After doing the safe smoke (smoking CT spawn from behind the safety of box in mid), you should have a teammate flash you in (or you flash him in), then rush in together.

If you flash the awper and he's still watching doors he's dead. If he's smart and pulls back after you smoke (as he should) you should still be able to trade him.

If he kills 2 or 3 of you even after you flashed and smoked, sometimes people just hit good shots and you lose the round, poo poo happens.

When you make it up outsite B from mid, that's when your team should be pushing into B site from tunnels, as you both flash in, make sure you don't flash your team (lolmcvey) and it should be an easy take if you are pincering the guy in there with 3 or 4 T's.

Trading is the most important thing as a T taking sites, if you trade 1 for 1 the sites open up a lot and you can often win rounds 2v4 or 3v4 because now the CT's gotta come into your site.

People who yell at you for "baiting" are really dumb, because that's the point as T, you gotta give a little to get entry into those sites.

Barring crazy strategies a lot of standard play in CS really comes down to if the CT can make 2 or 3 kills, or if the Terrorists get into a site clean with no deaths, stuff like that.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Sitting Bull posted:

hahaha I took some test footage with my new computer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mkhu2QMldw

youtube smoothing = hilarious

This is what the game looks like for me all the time.

I might be an alcaholic...

Daeno
May 29, 2007

eppu posted:

kz > bhop > surfing > shooting

what about zombie escape?

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Internet is trying to figure out at the moment why allu's shots aren't hitting.

These two were at 14-14 on dust2 vs fnatic

loving cs:go man...

Daeno
May 29, 2007

If anybody wants to watch some goons, another Goon Tourney game tonight:

HPB vs TEAM rye starts at 9PM EST / 6PM PST on sub.io

GOTV IP: 107.150.59.194:27020

Will stream on https://www.twitch.tv/daeno16

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Photex posted:

can I bet skins on this?

we're still working on csgolounge accreditation

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Carecat posted:

Jesus is fun, but I hate working out my backalley.

double fixed

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Smol posted:

If you queue as a 5 stack, it seems to match you against the one of you with the highest rank. So they were probably a 5 stack with one being a ~GN3, rest silvers.

One of the reasons why smurfing is so common these days. If you're like DMG and your friends are silver/gold nova, you'll just get owned if you queue together because it'll match you against 5 DMGs.

...this is wrong lol

I just queue'd up 5-stack the other day and it average'd the ranks between me and my buddies and we fought a team of what the average was.

Daeno fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 18, 2015

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Smol posted:

It absolutely works this way. Just queue as a GE with silvers/novas and you'll get matches like these.

Whaaaat!?

...alright I don't understand matchmaking now.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

I wonder if skins will transfer over to the next version of cs or whatever they make.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Honestly, most of the issues people have with shots not hitting properly are engine-related or network-related.

Engine? Hope that Valve fixes poo poo or Source 2 fixes it.

Network? Hope that the internet latency improves in North America. Not likely, as routing just seems to get worse over time. This has nothing to do with download/upload speed.

This is why the game sometimes is a frustrating experience online, and appears flawed even on LAN.

Just gotta try to not let it bother you too much, it probably won't get any better.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

bpower posted:

Revenge of the Silvers. Join ESEA , voice_enable 0 , get some tunes going and pug away. Bathe in LEM tears.

This already happens and I consider it my penance for making that knife-only-smurf-account goon 5-stack....and winning...

Some day in the future when I'm old I'll look up the usernames of those poor silvers we knifed to death, message them and try to apologize.

Only to find out it's too late and they took their lives after that ill-fated MM back in the spring of 2014.

Remember, it's never too late to make amends for your smurfing misdeeds, all it takes is a little courage.

For just 5 cents a day you too can help a fellow gamer get out of the silver mines and become a nova.

Daeno fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 23, 2015

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Bill Belichick smurfs all the time and nobody hates on him for it.

MODS!?

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Maarek posted:

Rude, overweight man who dresses in dirty hoodies and sweatpants all the time and acts like a sore loser while breaking the rules... my god, it all makes sense now.

Counter-point: A Goon could never be a world champion in anything other than:

- Most masturbations in an hour
- Most bags of Doritos consumed in a day
- Least amount of showers per year
- Most gamer girls scared away with a creepy message in a fortnight
- EVE Online

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Whenever you play against Xen, just type "His name is Robert Paulson" into chat, and spin around in spawn 10 times at the start of a round.

If you do, Xen's ping will go up by 10% each time.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Not coming back until awp is fixed :colbert:

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Mechanics and reaction times are important (see: KennyS) but Counter-Strike is a game where it matters less than say, Starcraft or something.

The mental game doesn't go away as you get older.

And yeah Bohemian nailed it, some genres you can still win as an oldie, fighting games case in point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeno
May 29, 2007

bpower posted:

There's a document written by value on how to monetise free to play games. They discuss things like how they came to decide on gun skins and how the the economy is built. In one section they list the factors that affect the price of skins. Rarity is the main one I think , but one of the most important was how often a weapon is used. Im certain the main thing driving the insane compulsion to make all weapon 'viable' is the price of skins on the market place. :tinfoil:

ding ding ding

• Locked thread