Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I'm using 2 @ 400 dpi. I've noticed that if I've been playing for a week straight or so I'll start to psych myself out over things like how I'm sitting or holding my mouse. Turns out the actual problem is that I'm just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

It goes away after you get a rank.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Is it recommended to bind a jump-throw command? I've never had an issue with just jumping and throwing, but I had no idea that people actually bind it to one button.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I like Zoo but I haven't played a good game of Counter-Strike on it yet. Kinda like real life, it's not the zoo that's horrible it's the people who happen to be there when you go.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

My friends and I tried Faceit and every game was either incredibly one-sided, or didn't start because someone failed to connect. I would try Cevo again, but honestly I just wish I was good enough to play ESEA.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I'm down to watch as well.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

#3 is pretty helpful. Hopefully I don't cause someone on the other team to activate their ragehacks because of it.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

...Why do people in MM start playing like poo poo as soon as they realize they're making a comeback?

Like, poo poo, we went from 3-10 to 12-12 and all of a sudden they were like "oh poo poo we could win, better play like complete loving retards".

Counter-Strike is a game of psychological warfare or whatever.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Rahu posted:

That is valve's gimmick with csgo. A bunch of ranks also have something very slightly off center in their picture

Balance is not Valve's specialty it seems.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

The thing that gimps me most in MM is thinking too much.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Xenaero posted:

I totally don't have the attention span for streams.

CS probably isn't my game after all

Maybe you're more of a player than a spectator.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Complaining about casual is a nice break from complaining about MM.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Counter Strike: Global Offensive - *inaudible cry*

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

What's the point of being good if you don't bring good vibes?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Question regarding flashbangs when you know an enemy is there: is it ever better to peek before the flash pops?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

A friend of mine bought CS:GO today and has never played any version of Counter-Strike before. What's the best route to take if you're completely new to CS but eager to learn?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I want to stand next to the DJ with my arms crossed and nod every now and then, pretending to know what they're doing.

If they so much as put sync on for even a second I'll loving tell everyone.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

prom candy posted:

So solo queue is pretty unplayable on Saturday nights eh?

Yeah I tend to avoid solo queue on Saturdays in general.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Is it worth paying for ESEA if I'm only DMG? Playing against hackers in MM is very draining.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

Holy gently caress, I thought you were kidding, but nope. That's a driver update with CSGO optimizations listed in it. What the gently caress, AMD?

When CS:GO first came out I had to flash my BIOS because of some issue the game was having with AMD processors. Good times.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Time is money, fellas.

You can either put in a bunch of time practicing to git gud or you can drop your cash money on skins computer hardware and accessories.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

saviro posted:

season is the worst map

Are you saying that because you're unfamiliar with it/had a bad MM experience or do you just hate nice things?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Whoa guys don't cut yourselves on the edge there.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Carol Pizzamom posted:

anyone else surf? :3:

best I've managed is a tier 3, and there's still a lot of tier 2 maps that are pretty difficult

I'd be down for some surf funtimes. Hit me up on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/Macnult/

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Do USB Ethernet adapters work just as well as if you were to directly plug in an Ethernet cable? My computer has had issues with its Ethernet drivers since day 1 and the wifi adapter I've been using has led to many frustrating moments in Counter Strike (i.e. last nights Goonman).

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Watch one of your demos and pay attention to where you're looking. My sens is 2.3 @ 400 but it looked a lot higher because I move my mouse around way too much and it looks jittery.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I'm no super technological beep boop computer whiz, but I'm pretty sure you're looking at a memory leak there.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

Couple of plays against the dregs of LE/LEM. I aint even an awper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Izn4ZcVws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyS5RT36ZXI

Another reason why I never question your advice in this thread.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Antares posted:

i like having to try 60 different retakes servers before i find one where people aren't votekick racing, usually with a >100ms ping

My general rule for joining a retakes server is to pick anything that doesn't include pbfortress in the name.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

yolandi posted:

pro gamers are a pretty uninspiring bunch, pretty sure i saw a navi guy scratching his nuts hard as his gut flopped over the desk

On the bright side we probably don't have to worry about one of them knocking out their future wife in an elevator because of some argument.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Hopefully kennyS doesn't shoot himself after this.

Not like he'd land the shot anyway.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

sleppy posted:

A bottle of alcohol and a rag cost $500. I started a sticker for it but never really finished.

I would spend money on that sticker and it's not even finished. Keep at it dude.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Sounds like Gaben did you a solid by making sure you're used to the AWP movement before hopping into MM.

Edit: 2.25@400

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

The saxophone improves my crosshair placement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hobQPu8GxCo

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Football is really good background noise for texting. Can't wait till October 7th to watch a sport that doesn't suck.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Xen if I ranked up to GE would you start playing CS:GO again?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Why do most people use a gap crosshair? I get that it's been like that since the beginning, but wouldn't you be better off with a dot or small xhair?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

deep impact on vhs posted:

they still need to tweak the movement. i still feel like cheater peeking awps is impossible :smith:

Smokes and flashes.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Scamming people out of bike parts for a CS:GO knife is almost as bad as buying from danscomp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Faffel posted:

Gullin15 is the result of a social experiment I performed :(

What did you do?

• Locked thread