Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lblitzer posted:

Ok great thanks, guy who's paid over $60 to a forum

You think he's paid for any of those unbans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Firstborn posted:

Why the hate-on for this game by the domino pizza ycs crew? Is the actual gameplay bad, or are you just Batmaning for gamer rights because of their poo poo dlc?

We all tried it in the beta and it was horrific. Judging by the issues others are having it looks like not enough got fixed. It's way overpriced for what it is but I have no idea what you're talking about with gamer rights.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

Get new friends.

Remember how the game wouldn't let you have a group of 5 friends play and forced you to use a random for the monster?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wait they really didn't fix that?

Lol.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

VarXX posted:

They fixed that in the beta

By forcing you into private matches to preserve some imaginative competitive play?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

We really wanted to like it since any game failing is bad for gaming.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

VarXX posted:

Ummm yeah, there's 5 of you so you would all be playing together in a private match why would it matchmake you if all 5 were there

They could just leave it open like other new games using this unprecedented method not developed by the same people like l4d2 in case someone drops out so someone else can drop in.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I genuinely hope the game gets better and drops its price.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SirDrinksAlot posted:

Lmao I blow $40 on a Saturday night. It's pocket change.

YOSPOS and then the word "bitch" but misspelled

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I blow 40 dollars in one night bitches

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lblitzer posted:

What are one night bitches

I haven't bought it yet but if the game is literally a thread of whiny people desperately trying to make people not spend money on a video game then ok I will pass thank you

SirDrinksAlot posted:

Lmao I blow $40 on a Saturday night. It's pocket change.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

LuiCypher posted:

If you bought the game and you like the game, maybe you shouldn't let an internet forum change your opinion on the subject. Maybe some people will make fun of you for your fiscal prudence, but if your budget can support it and you believe that you spent your money well then you can also be a big boy/girl and just post about how much you like the game, what you thought was particularly cool, or ask some goons who also like the game what their advice is on a subject. Believe it or not, some people like to go to threads and stir poo poo around to see if people get mad enough to provide us all with quality entertainment.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Brackhar posted:

Yeah. I mean, it's likely that my opinion is colored from being a game dev myself (and one that worked on a F2P game), but this pricing model seems entirely reasonable to me given the cost of the assets. A champion in League of Legends costs about ~$8 if you bought them straight out with cash, so $12-15 for a monster with a ton more animation and particle assets + higher quality models and texturing seems reasonable by comparison.

The pricing model is completely ridiculous and any game dev who thinks that 100 dollars for a complete game is reasonable is part of the problem and should probably invest in some helium and a CPAP machine.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Carecat posted:

It's a bit stupider than most games and overpriced but I'm just going to wait for a sale.

Yeah. I just hope it ends up not dying before that happens. Hopefully they'll drop the price pretty quickly so everyone can have some fun.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Brackhar posted:

Can you define complete game? The $100 price point you're bandying around is basically a $60 purchase + a $40 pre-order for some major DLC and a bunch of cosmetic stuff that won't be fully out for months.

Is your argument that the base game as it exists isn't worth $60 or isn't complete?

It's not worth 60 dollars whatsoever in its current state and doesn't reflect a reasonable cost of a lovely console port whatsoever. They're shooting themselves in the foot big time by basically setting up a situation where the game, which depends on multiplayer, will have a userbase that shrinks big time very quickly.

It sucks because it has promise and I wish it weren't that way but hey.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Brackhar posted:

Ok, so help me out with this. Let's take Left 4 Dead as an example.

At launch, as far as I can find Left 4 Dead was $50 on PC and $60 on console. It had 20 maps, 5 of which were playable in VS at launch, and 8 playable characters (4 that were basically the same save for model and rig - the survivors, and then the 4 zombies), and two game modes. Evolve at launch has 13(?) maps, 15 unique playable characters, 6 game modes, and a much higher level of visual quality. The two products seem pretty equatable at that level. Is the issue that Evolve doesn't have a loose story to it like the campaigns in left 4 dead? Or is it that you don't think the game is that fun so it's not worth the price? Or is the comparison just wrong 'cause Left 4 Dead wasn't worth that much at launch either?

I'm honestly trying to understand here, since I've not yet had the opportunity to play the full release yet. Is the game in a much worse state than it was in the last beta?

http://evolvegame.com/news/the-evolve-digital-versions-breakdown

Look at this with a straight face and tell us how you're not getting hosed in the rear end.

This game will not have anywhere near the population that Left 4 Dead 2 still does even 3 months in.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

AIDS here get your AIDS here pay up front, it'll be free later

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If you don't want to drop the money right now to take a pozzed load you can go to twitch and watch someone else take one

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Brackhar posted:

I'm still not following. Yeah, they have pre-orders up for DLC to come later. But you're arguing that the game in its current release state is not worth $60. Can you explain why that's the case without referencing anything but what is in the game today? Do the new game modes really suck, is there not enough variety in the experience, what?

Well, the game has several broken parts but people are just going to hand wave that as "day 1 glitches" so even though that should be something to consider I won't go into that.

Chomp8645 posted:

Tallying up maps, modes, and characters is an idiotic way of assessing value. By your method League of Legends must be worth an upfront payment of $300 because it has (I'm not joking) 123 playable characters (along with multiple maps and game modes).

This guy makes a good point though.

It's going to be dead very soon just like the last few overhyped experiences and it's going to be really funny watching people defend it. I wish it weren't the case, I really do since I can see how it could be fun but they really blew it on the price point especially for PC since it's just a crappy port. There is no way that this is worth 60 dollars especially on the PC.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Brackhar posted:

I dunno dude. DLC is basically the modern day equivalent of expansion packs, and there's a bunch of legal reasons in non-NA territories you want to avoid the word "expansion pack." I'm personally happy that Overkill has launched new maps every 4 months or so as DLC instead of waiting a year for an "expansion bundle", but I guess I can see how that's not for everyone.

That's a bit of a straw man. What I was trying to point out is that the previous game from the studio had an equatable feature set and sold for the same price, so I was asking why there was a difference of opinion.

So, I guess that's what's confusing me. It seems like circular argument to me - the game isn't worth $60 because it will be dead in 6 months, and the game will be dead in 6 months because it's not worth $60.

The second part of your "circular logic" argument doesn't hold up because I'm not claiming that it's not worth 60 dollars because it will be dead in 6 months. It would be dead in 6 months on the PC because it's a garbage port with competition that is well below that price point that is well established among other things. It will probably be dead on consoles as well; look at Titanfall.

The game is garbage and if you paid 60 dollars or more for it I hope that they eventually fix it so you can get your money's worth but there is a LOT of stockholms going on here.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

VarXX posted:

But the port isn't garbage at all and the few issues anyone reported were related to video card drivers.

Brackhar posted:

I'll ask again; what about the game is garbage in your opinion? As I said, I've not played the full release. What makes the game itself, ignoring the DLC, un-fun or buggy?

Let's flip this back around.

How is this port worth 60 dollars especially considering that it has day 1 bugs, locked content, has assets recouped from console sales already and faces stiff competition from other products that are often lower priced?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This game is going to be dead in 6 months just like titanfall and that makes me sad as someone who enjoys gaming.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm sure whatever gem clicking mobile game you make sucks loving rear end retard.

He worked on League of Legends

I'm not even joking

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

When BBG reads that he's going to limit break

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

its so broken that literally every hero is picked in every tournament. all 130 of them.

Scroll up a bit I want to see omnislash

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

He's also glad about Payday 2's dlc system

*that one spell begins where Sephiroth blows up all the planets it's going to take 5 minutes so I get a drink*

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's a boy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

the only good news in this thread

I hope he likes Bawlz I got your package

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lol

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 11, 2015

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'l make the website.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPlK10Rcdk

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Artum posted:

I don't know what you loving scrublords are doing but I got this game for £21/$32.

Games fun, re-evaluate your purchasing habits.

Also as a tip to anyone struggling to learn monster always go for 2 points in an ability that your comfortable using to pound people into paste with and 1 for utility. going for 3 abilities at 1 point each stage 1 is a terrible idea.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Donnerberg posted:

Yeah! They pushed this way too hard. The pre-order DLC was announced before the loving game itself. And not to mention the egregious, esports trailers from last year.

lol did this really happen

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

*takes some xanax while kid sits in the shower drinking piss* dude guys check out these skins

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

LoG posted:

I just spent like 40 bucks on sweet sweet Skins.

Black Baby Goku posted:

this explains everything

Black Baby Goku posted:

like father, like son

Quoting for new page because I can't stop laughing

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The guy who designed for League of Legends working for riot in this thread made some good points in its defense so I'm still on the fence though

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Monster is 3rd person only?

Yes.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

LoG posted:

Nope. Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom. Epcot is tits though.

I bet you still do!

:iceburn:

Black Baby Goku posted:

your child drinks piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ok

• Locked thread