Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know if 'spend more money' helps as an answer but I bought this one and it works great. It was actually even cheaper when I bought it and goes on sale regularly. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M55C0NS/

Nintendo recommends the next step up from that card (the Extreme line) so that's what I bought.

My drat Majora's Mask 3DS won't be here until Monday though so I'm drowning my sorrows in sweet, sweet Kirby Triple Deluxe until it gets here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

io_burn posted:

Thanks internet, for making me feel like a unique snowflake for not sweating profusely 24/7 while doing any activity even one as physically inactive as playing a 3DS.

Hyperhidrosis sure is a thing. It runs in my family although I thankfully missed getting it. As a kid, my brother had to have his own controllers though because they would get all sweat-stained and horrible.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

So many little things about the New 3DS are great. I was working on finishing up Sticker Star today lying on the couch, and instead of having to do something like slightly move to where my cell phone is to get a hint on a section I was stuck on, I decided to pull the browser up.

It boots in like three seconds now and actually loads pages at a reasonable speed. :buddy:

As an aside, I actually really like Sticker Star. Just stopped at 6-2, probably finish the game off Thursday.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

io_burn posted:

It depends where you land on the spectrum. Do you see your 3DS as a portable toy that plays games which entertain you while pooping or do you see it as a priceless heirloom which must be preserved for future generations as close to its original out of the box condition as possible?

I thought I was the first one and then somehow my bottom touchscreen got a decent size nick in it and now I'm a Screen Protector Guy

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Didn't the DS have 100% GBA functionality?

Whatever I got out my old PSP and I'm playing GBA games on it.

Yes, because it literally had a GBA built into it, much like the 3DS literally has a DS built into it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

So...do gamestop and nintendo share servers?

at 3 when everyone was hammering gamestop's servers, apparently club nintendo was working the best it has in weeks

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

raditts posted:

Pretty much everyone in this thread has consistently said "don't get Ultimate NES Remix" so that's kinda on you man.

ultimate nes remix is actually good it's just that the wii u game(s) are better

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I bought Streetpass VIP because it says it gives you more tickets than the rest of the games if you fill out your calendar and I love playing dressup :buddy:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

yeah I played my first rounds of the two new streetpass games today and they seem pretty cool, a pro-buy at 6.99 or whatever the price was

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I like the amount of streetpasses I get, I can fill up a queue in a week which is about how often I want to play streetpass games

since Stretchmo just came out I'm working on finishing up Pushmo so I can play Crashmo and goddamn did the last 4 or so murals in Pushmo make me feel like a loving genius

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

if there's one thing the world championship thing in nes remix taught me, it's that I'm boners at dr mario

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Best Buy is doing "buy one, get one for half off" on a bunch of 3DS games including all the big first-party games, one day only http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/3ds-games-140249?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0&nrp=25&cp=1&id=undefined

this is a dope deal if you have gcu, buying fantasy life and m&l because I apparently hate having free time and want to buy two massive time consuming games

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Fryhtaning posted:

I picked a lovely day to not read the forums - link is dead now.

Yeah you did, I think my bill was 42 bucks with GCU, more than willing to try those games out for half price.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

jivjov posted:

At this point, do I really have any goon dignity left? Especially in a Nintendo thread?

You got me dedede and ness, the rest of you fuckers have done nothing for me

Lmao if you're gettin mad about spoiler text

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not sure, I preordered it in November though. It doesn't seem to specify anything other than having the preorder to get:

Edit: If you were a member of Club Nintendo before the closure Nintendo is sending out codes for 200 plat coins in My Nintendo. I just got mine.

yeaaaaaah picross time

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

I think Miitomo points are only usable in Miitomo tho right?

nope, used miitomo points to inject some sweet, sweet picross crack into my veins

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

They are showing boxboy 2 on stream today!!!!!!!!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I'm almost done with Dream Team and have really enjoyed my time with it, although I hear the last bit is the worst, and I'm at the prerequisite "go back to everywhere you went to get the Legendary Item" thing every jrpg needs to have. Either way, would recommend unless tutorials make you irrationally angry or something.

Got Paper Jam on the eShop sale too, looking forward to that as well.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I lost my copies of Spirit Tracks and Bowser's Inside Story in some move long ago so I need to replace and beat those too since I was only a couple of hours in

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Just to be clear, it seems like that 100 Streetpass queue thing is exclusive to "Streetpass Premium", the paid upgrade to the plaza that until now was totally worthless. I don't remember how much it costs offhand.

Holy poo poo I bought streetpass premium/VIP because I am a big stupid baby, you're telling me it's worth something now besides tracking birthdays?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

The Vinja Ninja posted:

If you buy all the Stuff from the streetpass plaza your mii gets a un-removable golden pin to show that you spend money. Thanks Nintendo, I will be marked and ashamed forever.

Yesssssss suck it poors, I am Streetpass Trump

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is it possible to sell me on Picross in one post?

Through My Nintendo or Pokémon Picross you've got plenty of ways to try it for free, sell yourself on it

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

SPM is just a shockingly loving sadistic game most of the time, like its an experiment in how hostile a game can be towards the player before they actually quit playing. Its nothing but a series of frustrating and repetitive events while NPCs mock you for actually bothering to engage with it. The tree climbing level is a good example, but the part that's most emblematic of what SPM is for me is where the cavemen force you to type "please" on a lovely on screen keyboard a half dozen times for no particularly good reason.

It's a remarkably accurate JRPG parody

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Made a drunk buy of Mario Maker 3DS last night and I ain't even bad, the Challenge levels are actually really cool, worth it even if you have the Wii U version just for that imo

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

techknight posted:

Oh my god. I mean, don't spend money on Badge Arcade but I kind of need a certain one of these Wario x Majora's Mask badges:

Holy poo poo

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

Play Retro Game Challenge.

Retro Game Challenge is the greatest

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ugh Europe is totally owning us for getting the good Breath of the Wild special editions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Working on my backlog and knocked out Yoshi's New Island yesterday. What a goddamn mediocre game. Then I beat BOXBOXBOY! and the good and generous Qbby gave me five more fantastic worlds of gameplay