Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Popehoist posted:

my new 3DSXL is cool and all, but I can't help wishing I had got the normal one instead. This feels a bit too big and the huge screens only seem to highlight the 3DS's poor graphical power

You'll get used to it quick and won't be able to drop down to the regular size soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

io_burn posted:

So is there a happy ending or a sad ending for all those people who had preordered from Best Buy but hadn't had their units shipped being told both "oh UPS hasn't picked them up yet" and "oh that's on backorder?" Now that it's Monday, which did it turn out to be?

Mine finally is in transit from New York or whatever.

Should be here tomorrow.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just my luck. UPS delayed my delivery. I understand that the weather is pretty lovely from Richmond upwards but man, I'm just never going to catch a break with this thing.

E. I won't spend time talking shipping info. I'm just frustrated :(

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Posts like this make me glad I live in a desert wasteland. One more day of waiting for me!

I was supposed to get it today also. Hahah drat dude.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

When's the next event where Nintendo will announce it's next batch of games. Maybe there will be something exciting that makes me watch to jump. Now it's just vague promises of a new fire emblem.

Honestly Nintendo just does a Direct whenever they want. They could announce games whenever they want.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just got the N3DS in the mail and I'm very excited to play with this new thing :downs:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

This Charming Man posted:

Should have a New 3DS by Friday and was wondering if Bravely Default and Luigi's Mansion are worth getting. Played the first LM waaayyy back in the day when GCN launched and enjoyed it despite its brevity.

Just wanted to know if the 3DS game was basically more of the same.

3DS LM is pretty much more of the same but it's good if you can find it on the cheap.

Bravely Default is the best Final Fantasy game not named Final Fantasy. Haven't gotten far in it but it does get a bit repetitive towards the end. Good time though if you like RPGs.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Has anybody bought used 3DS games from Gamestop online? Did it come loose or in a case? I doubt it did, but it'd be nice.

I've had it come with a generic case most of the time, but one time it came packaged in a little slip.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

It looks like one of those mouse clit nub thingies you get on IBM ThinkPads, is that the case?

That's pretty much it.It works but that's it for the most.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Yes but reports are it works better then those. Don't know why they didn't add another full pad which would work even betterer.

Because they can save the second full pad for the ~true 3DS successor~ and people will buy it right up.

^^^ Also that, unless loads of games start using second pad control it's just a waste.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

io_burn posted:

Hmm, so I hit the first stopping point of running out of lives and having to wait in Pokemon Shuffle. It's a cool game, I guess, but it very much feels like someone at Nintendo was like "Hey we need one of those free to play matching games too." Adding Pokemon doesn't make it feel any more unique or compelling than any of the other endless supply of free to play matching games out there already.

Nintendo could easily go into the app stores with games like these but they never will. I have no idea.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Well they would probably use it if it existed.

Also, I have that feeling about the true successor and am torn on getting this model or riding out my xl. I'd love a proper duel analog setup and some improved graphics. It's 2015 and we're sitting between an n64 and a GameCube here.

If I already had a regular XL and missed my chance to trade in at Gamestop for a $100 N3DS I probably wouldn't have done the upgrade. It does feel a lot like the DSi and all, but I was jumping from the regular 3DS so I wanted to get my big screens back.

I don't really remember when the DSi came out, was it as difficult to get a DSi as it is for these New 3DS'?

(I do remember a green DSi coming out to the states and I'm very disappointed that a green N3DS doesn't exist)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

io_burn posted:

They are a publicly traded company and eventually their investors will get fed up with them continuing to ignore mobile platforms. It's weird. I understand them not wanting to bring original first party poo poo to mobile, as admittedly the need for a 3DS is greatly diminished if we lived in some insane universe where Majora's Mask was on the App Store... But what I don't understand is why they're not farting out their virtual console stuff. Remember, some dude released a totally non-functional scam app labeled Pokemon Yellow. It hit #2, and was filled with iTunes reviews of people who were buying it knowing it didn't work just with the hope that it'd one day get updated.

That's a thing that actually happened.

I'd imagine Nintendo would probably make mobile games using characters they have. So while VC games or Majora's Mask on the App Store might not happen, something like Pokemon Shuffle would make sense on the store. The Puzzle and Dragon's Mario Game could work on a phone if they themselves published it or something.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

I guess it just depends how many N3DS-only games they wind up actually releasing. Can't see why someone would make a game for a system with a much smaller install base than the OG 3DS platform that only comes with seemingly minimal graphical/memory upgrades.

I feel like the New 3DS will do a lot better than the DSi ever did but I kinda hope Nintendo announces a lot more of these exclusive N3DS games. But I see why the next major Mario game on the 3DS may not be exclusive to the N3DS.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Louisgod posted:

If you've ever read their annual stock QA roundtable you realize that the people that own stock in Nintendo are massively stupid, to the point where they have no idea what the company even does or makes. In the end all that matters to them is that they're making money, and Nintendo seems like they're actually on their way to do that now.

Have we already had the doom and gloom conversation about Nintendo yet?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

lelandjs posted:

Oh god I just wasted $5 of money I had leftover on my eShop balance catching Mew in Pokemon Shuffle what the gently caress is wrong with me

[Fake edit: It's okay I just put my 3DS down and walked away

...but I'll be back in 17 minutes when my hearts are done recharging]

This is exactly why Nintendo would kill it on the App Store.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Liquid Penguins posted:

I was ready to do a system transfer but now I'm sending this fucker back. Isn't this why amazon refuses to sell their hardware? How hard is it to hire QA?

Take a picture of it

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Liquid Penguins posted:

Sorry I don't have any pictures to laugh at, it's already back in the box.

Thank you to everyone who said to call Nintendo, they were very polite and I was able to schedule a repair in under 5 minutes. Now I just have to wait 3 more weeks :/

I did want to laugh at it but I'm glad Nintendo got you sorted out.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone know why this was called the "New' 3ds, rather than just the 3ds ZL or something?

Same reason it's a Wii U and not Super Wii or something.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

If I move a non mayor Villager in New Leaf to a new town do all the house upgrade, bells, and items come along for the ride?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

My n3DS order from Best Buy's been shipped, but the shipping seems to be delayed because of inclement weather. gently caress this storm.

Had this happen to me. Same reason too, cause of the snow and all. UPS came through today though and I got my N3DS.

Hoping yours comes in tomorrow.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Wireless transfer just does everything with no mucking about right? Just takes a long time.

How long is 'long time'. I can setup at lunch then go back to work for some hours.

I don't have a micros adapter is the annoying bit.

Depends. It took 15 minutes for me. But I had nothing on my old DS.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

Hey guys, tomorrow is the week anniversary of me and my MMN3DSXL being together. How should we celebrate

noirstronaut posted:

Suck a dick you dumb human being.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess if anyone here cares, Arc System Works (Guilty Gear/BlazBlue/Persona 4 Arena etc) are making a Dragonball Z fighting game with 100+ characters for 3DS (Japan only but who knows)

This is my poo poo right here.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

epsilon posted:

Suck a dick you dumb human being. I've done the same thing for goons looking for action figures. It's an act of kindness. But people on the spectrum generally don't understand empathy or altruism, do they?

Never forget this amazing quote 3ds thread

e. lol

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

When the ever gently caress is that One Piece fighting game coming to the US?

Super Grand Battle? I'd honestly be surprised if it came out here but Namco have done stranger things.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

I thought the grand line games for wii/wiiu and 3ds sold way above what they expected.

If poo poo like J-Stars Victory VS can come out in the states I don't see why another One Piece game wont.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Raserys posted:

Is there any particular reason why Song of Storms is the E Shop music right now?

Majora's Mask just came out.

e. https://www.etsy.com/listing/215387733/legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-3ds-xl-case?ref=shop_home_active_5 That is a good case if you want to match your MM 3DS

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

so i guess i need to call nintendo and get this thing replaced. anyone know how long that takes?

Couple weeks I figure.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

epsilon posted:

Can I just get one of the older flashcarts that were built for the DS and use those for DS/GBA games? I do not and never will be using it to get 3DS anything.

I think the DSTWO does this? If not I don't think you can use the old cards because of firmware updates.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

I mean, the CycloDS managed to implement slow motion in a DS cartridge, but I have no idea how Supercard will bring that to the 3DS.

Anyway, I don't think it's real or exists at any level. I just want a DSTWO.

RIP CycloDS

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

I still have mine in my DS Lite. Not sure why since I haven't booted it up in a while :3:

Same thing, might mess with it today in fact.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

A Big... Dog posted:

drat though these kids need to shut up during battle

Man what a bunch of jokers.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Xenoblade 3DS is definitely blurrier compared to the Wii version but I'm super impressed that they somehow got the game working fine on the 3DS.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Volt Catfish posted:

I wish they made the sidequests less of a slog on the 3DS version, but that probably didn't happen did it?

It's the same exact game.

What I don't get is why they didn't redesign the bottom screen where the character information and map are. The map is pretty small and there's space there that they could have used to fill up the screen better I think.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Triple Deluxe is okay. There really isn't much going on with Kirby games except "that one cute thing he does in so and so game"

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I bought the 3DS version to support a great game and just lent it out to my friend while I play the Wii version.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dragon Quest VIII is coming out on the 3DS.

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/dragon-quest-viii-remake-coming-3ds

I'm having a minor stroke.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Remember when Square Enix brought DQVII 3DS out to the States???

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Ragequit posted:

"Cool, maybe I'll play it after I play VII.

So never."

Amazing. The only DQ game I played was IX for DS, which was a lot of fun with the puns and job classes. What other DQ games follow that formula?

6 has job classes if I remember right.