Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You don't get it, the speakers are a little louder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

epsilon posted:

You morons did notice that someone has already offered to keep an eye out right? That's really all I was asking for, was someone to check as they're tooling around in whatever store. Stay salty though dipshits.

I'll do it for $3 and I bet the other guy isn't even going to suck your dick

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Listen up cocksuckers, I'm looking for a Nintendo New 3DS and I don't want you jerking my dick around over it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Why would you need to watch a stupid video the 3DS literally tells you exactly what you need to do and exactly what's going to happen during the process

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mercury Crusader posted:

You know how with DS games on the 3DS you can still hit the Home button to bump yourself back into the 3DS menu, and you can close the 3DS to put the DS into sleep mode?

The GBA Ambassador games don't do any of that.

So, what, Nintendo couldn't have fixed anything in the years since 2011? Has Nintendo even said a single official word about why they don't put out GBA games?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I could've sworn they actually made a statement that they couldn't bring them up to snuff on the 3DS at some point. What remains to be seen is how much of a game-changer the n3DS specs are for further VC games.

I know I've seen a lot of people confidently saying "this is what Nintendo thinks" but I just can't recall any statements out of them.

I mean, I'd believe it if there were technical issues but some of the ones people bring up don't seem like massive obstacles. Don't downloadable Wii games on the WiiU function similarly, with an actual Wii chip taking over the system and turning off some console functions?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

IRSmurf posted:

It costs $400 for both. I've spent that much on drinks and sushi in a single date. Only poors buy and stick to one console. [Disclosure: Am currently a poor, awaiting visit from job fairy.]

What the gently caress

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The Question is What game features a pedophile?

Your posting is loving terrible.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

jivjov posted:

Nintendo demands perfection out of their emulation, not "close enough". Yeah, they could dump everything on the eshop tomorrow if they wanted...but there's a reason every single virtual console game comes with a specially tweaked version of the emulator.

If they were using a hardware intensive, "perfect" SNES emulator they wouldn't need tweaked versions. Sounds like their emulator is rough and fast like back in the ZSNES days.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The top screen isn't supposed to be more yellow? Mine sure is.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

strap on revenge posted:

it;s like it's not even there

What I picture whenever someone says "fits just fine"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I didn't even look at the screwdriver size I just saw one that seemed like it would fit and it worked loving fine

How are you people jamming screwdrivers in there and just cranking away while that fucker slips around

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mods please ban that guy, I'm getting IRL angry imagining that guy furiously trying to unscrew his 3DS while the driver just slips out of it over and over again and slowly carves a circle into the head

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nolgthorn posted:

Stripped 3DS screws

So I'm one of those guys that just hosed this up....the rubber band snapped and hit me in the eye, and the screwdriver slipped and gouged the back of my 3DS. Suck my dick you loving human being.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

Not even quoting it right.

I blame the people saying "smdyff"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

Because they're probably afraid of over-saturating for a small segment of their portable market

What is this

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

E: How is Xenoblade going to be ported to 3ds? It seems that the storage difference between Wii and 3ds is fairly great. Am I missing something?

Dual layer DVDs only store 8 GBs and the 3DS version is going to have massively reduced texture resolution and sound quality and poo poo so why wouldn't it work

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

What

I don't

Did anyone mention handedness or am I having a stroke

e: oh, flyboi did, kind of?

no "kind of" about it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

How long does it take you (and everyone else who reads/plays games on the toilet) to poo poo lol

Until their manager starts wondering where they went

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

flyboi posted:

However good loving luck getting a DSTWO as the gateway-equivalent is coming out "soon" and the few distributors that claim they have it are beyond seedy. I'm busy in a credit dispute over a DSTWO I should've had a month ago... Why did realhotstuff decide to close shop :(

I've got one sitting in a drawer that I can't use because I don't have a DS to update the firmware with

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

I'm still baffled how Americans managed to wring "Harry-carry" out of harakiri.

loving Americans! Anyway, let's hop into the car and go to Makudonarudo for some Big Makus.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fuzz posted:

Fun fact: the N3DSXL charges faster than it drains while in use, so if you leave it plugged in constantly while playing it will actually overcharge the battery over time. Not a huge issue since the battery can be replaced, but still important to know.

Is it like RC car enthusiasts from the 90s who keep spreading wrong stuff about batteries or what

I seriously can't wait for the day everyone figures out that modern lithium batteries don't "overcharge". Leave your stupid toy on the charger when you're not using it, worst case scenario is in three years the capacity is at 80% and you have to drop $10 for a battery.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Electronics tend to last longer with fewer problems if you shut them off when not in use.

This is funny because the 3DS is the first product I've ever owned that basically scolds you for trying to turn it off

noirstronaut posted:

Yeah, I have them running through a DSTWP and they either cut off way too much or look horrible. There's no middle ground. Only some games can bypass this (Earthbound is one) but games like All-Stars need to be in some weird squished mode and without it, you can't see the ground.

So it works! Glad you had better luck with it than I did.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nolgthorn posted:

240p may seem bad. But the 3DS has to render 3 screens. The top is effectively 800×240 pixels and the lower screen is 320×240 pixels for a combined total of 192,00 + 76,800 = 268,800 pixels. The equivalent of like... half a vita. So just think about that next time you wanna criticise the display.

I thought about it and it turns out the display still looks pretty lovely

Hope Nintendo's next handheld has a much nicer screen and I wouldn't mind them dumping 3D if that's what it takes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Junkie Disease posted:

Hey Amazon is shipping books from some publishers as slow as possible since they are in negotiations with them. They arrive way after release dates and customers suffer because amazon is petty.

Amazon's response to Nintendo doesn't really seem petty, though. Sounds like amazon really got screwed by a bad business partner.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

remember when the 3DS not only came with a charger but actually came with a cradle smdh what a world etc etc :corsair:

Nintendo is really weird with accessories. You still cannot find the Gamecube WiiU adapter anywhere. Tons of Gamecube controllers, though! :thumbsup:

I think with piracy becoming a real thing on the 3DS, Nintendo is crazy to get rid of Club Nintendo. Penny wise, pound foolish and all that.

I had a standing cradle charger for the DSiXL that looked just like the new3DS one. Only difference is the DSiXL obviously didn't have metal contacts, so it just kind of "pushed" into the charging port. It was pretty sweet regardless. Wanna get one for my new3DS when Nintendo restocks.

My WiiU came with a pile of plastic poo poo I just threw into a drawer but the 3DS is so cut rate they stripped the charger

How does that work

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

You're preaching to people who don't care as long as it's "playable." This same exact argument happens fairly often when it comes to GBA games on 3DS, which frankly kinda suck and aren't worth paying for, yet there's always a vocal crowd here who wants to whine about not having them despite their lack of quality.

The hostility here is a little weird. It's the vast majority of people that don't mind frameskip and small errors and stuff if it means they can play their favorite games again, the good far outweighs the bad.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 15, 2015

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fryhtaning posted:

just leave it on the cradle all the time, battery be damned,

actually the battery will be fine

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I knew there was something better about the N3DSXL screen quality that I couldn't put my finger on. That sucks for people that are stuck with the shittier screens. I guess that's why Nintendo isn't advertising this as another improvement.

Mine has a TN screen that also looks yellow compared to the bottom screen. This is really dumb.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sir Unimaginative posted:

That's merely as large a FAT32 volume as Microsoft tools will create; this was originally to get people using NTFS for security reasons, but eventually became a way to get people using ExFAT for residuals. The fact that the SD association bought into it with SDXC is bad enough (at least you can use fat32format to fix that). The fact that YOU did without any financial incentive, and are spreading toxically wrong information in a utility thread, is loving appalling

lmao this thread owns

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Does Story of Seasons maintain a decent framerate because I just cannot handle A New Beginning

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

my DSTWO wouldn't read for a bit last month. Not sure what exactly fixed it but I put the card in my DSL then swapped MicroSD cards too.

They're finicky because they have badly built main contacts and also badly built microSD springs/contacts, so you'll see that stuff off and on. If it becomes more persistent you can start shoving pieces of paper between the cards and the readers to press the contacts in more.

You really want to avoid swapping the microSD card as much as possible.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How do you put out an RPG with such a bad font

It was fine in Monster Hunter because you barely have to read in that game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

they fixed the font, mostly, in MH4U... unless, that is, I've just gotten used to it.

Yeah I'm talking more about MH3.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's ok if you don't like Bloodborne

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

quote:

Anyone who's complaining about the graphics looking muddy doesn't understand that the original game looks muddy as hell too

What if I complain that the 3DS graphics look muddy with the full understanding that the Wii game looks muddy too?

Anyway, it looks completely fine for a 3DS game. My main issue is with the text and 2d graphic scaling looking bad, which really shouldn't have made it to the shipping project. I don't think it'd be asking too much for them to redraw a few simple menu icons and switch to a font that works natively on the 3DS.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 12, 2015

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'll give you a rusty slugger

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's not a pretty game but it's not nearly that bad what the heck.

It's really, really ugly in an "xbox game haphazardly ported to the PS2" kind of way. I'm still running around the first area (just got to the cave) and it's actually pretty hard to discern the enemies from the background sometimes because they all just kind of blend together in a low res brown-ish mess.

I'm not sure why they couldn't at least get the UI elements in native res, they did put in the work to create new pieces of it for the 3DS after all. Functionally the game's all there, though, so kudos to the devs for that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I have seen past the horrible group think in this thread, and have figured out it is in fact a good post.

Wow thanks for dictating that I'm not allowed to dislike the post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ragequit posted:

How you continue to not know how graphics work is incredible.

How does knowing how a thing works make it look better

Is knowledge.....power!?