Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Having bought a N3DSXL from a friend who had a surplus of them from various shenanigans (He's a Game Horder Collector) I was ready to get everything transferred when it turns out that a) A System Transfer cool down exists and B) I, in a fit of Parker Luck, was subject to it rendering my purchase unusable for a week.

I want to find the Tanaka who thought this acceptable and have words.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Party Meiser posted:

How you gently caress up a transfer so you have to wait a week is beyond me. I suppose having anger management issues may be related.

To clarify, my friend got his hands on it, then a Blue one that he liked better, transferred from Black to Blue (which seems to be the problem), he asked if I wanted the Black, I said yes, paid him £X + my old 3DSXL on the provision he transferred everything over and that's when the Transfer Cool-down problem became apparent.

And of course I'm angry, I paid good money to get something that's effectively useless for a week.

It's not that I have locked myself out of my stuff (Though I did delete some games I was done with to speed up the copying process, nothing I can't re-download later) it's just that the new console I bought can't be used for a week because Nintnedo's Online Acumen is substandard.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 12, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I buy most of my games digital (It's quicker for me to play PKMN and Animal Crossing without futzing with cartridges) so yeah, it kinda is.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just jailbroke my N3DS and I had my mind taken back ten years (or so) as DQ9 ran on a DS.

10/10 will probably "find my old copy of" DS Chrono Trigger and get that on here too.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Heath posted:

CTDS is obscenely expensive nowadays

Yeah but I have a good feeling about "finding" my copy.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Beve Stuscemi posted:

hshop rules, and makes everything extremely easy peasy.

~

If you arent using hshop with your 3DS in 2023, then you need to be

Really the only problem with hshop is that its too easy to fill the fridge and getting to the sd card on a N3DSXL (inasmuch as physically connecting it to a computer) to manage it is a complete ballache.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Snackmar posted:

I removed the SD card from the 3DS, then made these folders:
cias
roms\vb

Put the emulator's .cia file into the cias folder. Copy your games into the vb folder.

Reinsert the SD card and power on, then launch the FBI app. It has a file browser. Navigate to the emulator and install it. (You'll be asked if you want to keep the original cia file after installing it, you can just delete it.)

Back on the home screen, the gift icon will show up and you can open and launch the emulator. The UI has a file browser that you can use to navigate to the vb folder, and it will remember that location for next time.

That said if you can deal with the craptastic bandwith, you can do all this via FTP without having to futz with the back of your 3DS as well.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I was referring to ftpd. IIRC it is installed during the jailbreak process.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Also, the other stuff on the hshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Also nintendo is one of the most anti-consumer companies I can think of.

"Because gently caress you, that's why."
-Nintendo

Gonna be real. There was a day where I thought stuff like Kotaku writing about emulating Metroid Dredd during launch was kinda shite to do but it is certainly night now.

Edit: JFC, they're chasing up putting up saucy fan-art now.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 20, 2024