Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

I still don't know what good StreetPasses are for aside from the Eon Ticket.

They do neat stuff in some games and it's kinda fun spending 5 minutes on the puzzle swap/streetpass quest stuff at the end of the day (I just unlocked Streetpass Quest 2 by completing the first one twice and had no idea it existed)

Puzzle Swap feels very futile though because in the time it takes me to complete one 40 piece puzzle they've added like 3 more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can someone tell me what this thing is and why we don't get it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

KingSlime posted:

please help I like all of the weapons in mh4 and can't settle on one

You could focus on one weapon for solo stuff and another for groups, that's what I did in 3U (Switch Axe and Bow which unfortunately also meant having to get two sets of armor)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Popehoist posted:

I was having a bit of trouble getting the camera to work for me in monhan so i dropped out to the CPP calibration screen to check my c-stick was working alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FAwdwhjPc

While I don't expect it to go in a perfect circle, being a tiny nub thing, I'm just curious if this is similar to most people's experience or if mine is faulty. It works, just not very well atm.

I just tried this and I can move it in a full circle pretty consistently

I dunno though, I've been finding it pretty awkward for camera control too. I like using the L button target cam thing more when I'm fighting

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Fuzz posted:

How long is MH4 taking to DL from the eShop for the rest of you? I set it downloading and it's been going for an hour with no sign of stopping... I normally get 2.5 MB/sec off stuff like Steam, wondering how lovely Nintendo's servers are right now... considering it's Nintendo, I'm going to assume really lovely.

I think it took like 15-20 minutes for me, maybe shorter than that even. Are you downloading it in sleep mode? Anytime I've downloaded stuff that way it was super slow

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 17, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Awesome! posted:

smash bros 3ds claimed the lives of countless sticks and we remember them proudly

On the other hand I played Smash 3DS for like 80 hours and my stick is fine so just don't get dumb and aggressive with it I guess

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Haruharuharuko posted:

As someone else you liked Sticker Star a lot.

It was fun. It wasn't what people wanted and I understand that but it doesn't mean it isn't a good game.

Yeah people are way too hard on Sticker Star. I was disappointed but after the desert area something really clicked with me and I started enjoying it a lot. I guess maybe you just need to forget about the other Paper Mario games and accept it for what it is (And to be honest I liked it more than the Wii one)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

lelandjs posted:

Ahahahaha it turns out that the 17 minutes were to get ONE heart back. Now it's a half hour to get a second heart. That's actually worse than most of the iOS IAP games I've played. Like, twenty minutes will refill five hearts in Card Wars.

I'm gonna try closing the game to see if it'll still recharge when it's closed so I can play some Majora's Mask. Probably won't work, but we'll see.

It recharges when you're not playing, it wouldn't really make sense to force people to keep the game open for hours

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone know why this was called the "New' 3ds, rather than just the 3ds ZL or something?

I feel like the name probably works a lot better in Japan, I was expecting them to change it to something else for the rest of the world

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's worth trying the demo for MH4 at least because it's the kind of thing where if it clicks with you then you can easily put like hundreds of hours into it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess if anyone here cares, Arc System Works (Guilty Gear/BlazBlue/Persona 4 Arena etc) are making a Dragonball Z fighting game with 100+ characters for 3DS (Japan only but who knows)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Because Fire Emblem is good and Star Fox has had like one decent game ever and refuses to die

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why am I on level 57 of Pokemon Candy Crush

At least I haven't spent any money on it I guess

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I liked it better when he told everyone to stay salty

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Artix posted:

Well that depends, do you think a find-replace on Switches -> Cows and time block puzzles are fun and clever? Because boy howdy did the Master Quest devs love them some time block puzzles.

In that Majora's Mask Iwata Asks thing a while back, Aonuma said something like he was kind of annoyed when Miyamoto asked him to remix the OoT dungeons because he thought they were already perfect

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The thread has a tendency to run them into the ground

ok I'll go suck a cute dick now or whatever

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Layton games and their stupid plot twists actually own and I hope Layton makes it into Smash Bros

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You can play the song of time backwards and it like doubles or triples the time limit which gives you more than enough time to get things done, so it's not as stressful as you'd think

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's more fun to get them for real and try to figure out the identity of the man with the weird elderly mii that you've streetpassed 20 times

I appreciate your puzzle pieces but you terrify me

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

"happy boobs edition"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's kind of endearing except he's probably jerked off to these anime ninja girls ten thousand times

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently Level 5 are having some kind of event next month where they're announcing a new Layton, Fantasy Life and Yokai Watch 3

http://www.level5.co.jp/vision2015/

E: oh ok I should read the thread more carefully but I'm excited for more Layton

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Housh posted:

I got my first streetpass today! I dropped my dad off at the train station and decided to take along my n3DS to see if I could get some people and I got one plus Abe Lincoln as a promotion for Codename: Steam. Did I get Abe because I got the streetpass from someone, was I near a Nintendo Zone, or did everyone get him over wifi?

Also, I'm interested in Shovel Knight. Is it cross-by with Wii U? Are the Wii U and 3DS versions any different? What should I play it on?

Maybe Abe just likes 3DS

I've gotten Hitler a bunch of times, he never has any puzzle pieces. That guy needs to knock it off

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There'll probably be a Nintendo Direct next month

I'm basing this information on nothing but it seems like a safe bet

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought his kids had hosed it up or something but no it's just the guy that glued game holders to the front of his 3DS

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If a Layton puzzle is asking you to do math the answer is almost always something else

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess you just get used to spotting them after a while from how they word the questions or something. I've played all of the Layton games and I usually just think those puzzles are kinda clever

The worst puzzles are the slider ones. Also every once in a while you run into weird kinda obtuse ones like this

solution

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I feel like the earlier missions have some of the hardest parts of Fire Emblem Awakening and you kinda start to breeze through it as your guys get stronger.

Also make sure you're pairing up units

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Case 2 of Apollo Justice is about Trucy's panties

it's not as creepy as it sounds

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You just don't understand how anime justice works

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Never use Donnel or better yet let him die imo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sade posted:

Toploading is not exactly ideal for a disc-based console, but the GCN got away with it because the build-quality is golden-age Nintendo good

I'm confused, we're still in the golden age of Nintendo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

"Fun if dumb" describes literally every beat-em-up ever made.

Call Yakuza dumb again and I'll do this to you

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

Wait Haruka gets to beat people up in 5 I thought she just had dance battles?

It's just a mod unfortunately

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

greatn posted:

Phoenix Wright is anime, but it's the good weird alt kind, not the standard magical girl or giant robot or boys karate journey or super boobs look at high school or some combination of those.

Well, OK it does have a few boobs gags.

Yeah I've gotten a few non video game people into the Ace Attorney games and they really liked them

It'd probably be impossible to recommend Danganronpa or something even though the gameplay is basically identical

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played Etrian Odyssey so I can't compare it to those games but I went into it as a Persona/SMT fan and really enjoyed Q

The writing is kinda terrible though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Gameplay vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJpPQQEcMEg

I compared it to a Wii version and yeah...graphics look like poo poo in comparison.

:(

Look at this comparison video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4EBvxsPrJo

I don't know if I'm just blind or something but they look identical to me

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nintendo uploaded some live versions of Xenoblade music and they're pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veZjlumNd2U

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Which song? This is important

Adbot