Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I bought a New Nintendo 3DS® and it is slave to my eyes. Where am I going 3DS, oh it's over here now it's over here, heh heh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I have a normal 3DS and I want to confirm for everone living in the USA that you screwed up and convinced Japan that you hate anything good. You just want to eat Mcdonalds and watch political commentary by Fox contributors on the biggest screens that are available.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

bigmandan posted:

Friend of mine got the new 3ds and sold me his original 3dsxl for cheap! It's in excellent condition too. Last time I got a Nintendo product was SNES (which I still have!)

Pfft nobody cares about the 3dsxl anymore welcome to last weekend.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It can't save more than 32 GB so why would you get a card bigger than 32 GB??

This is truth. That's why a new format even needed to be introduced in the first place, to handle a larger data set. Format something larger than 32GB with SDHC and... well what did they need a new format for. If you want more space you need to format with SDXC and the 3DS doesn't support it.

Nolgthorn fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 15, 2015

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I heard someone mention I shouldn't leave my 3DS plugged in, is that accurate? It seems most electronics after being fully charged just automatically stop charging without my intervention. All those stories of exploded devices are when that mechanism fails from what I understand.

It would be nice not to have to baby it.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I just played some 3DS and it was magical.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

flyboi posted:

Whomever it was that posted about their buggy c-stick has cursed me. Now mine does the same thing. Strange thing is if I take a cloth to make a little bit of friction between my finger and the c-stick it works fine :argh:

Not sure what to do now.. If I put it to sleep and wake up the problem still exists. The only way I can go right or down with the camera is by applying quite a bit of force to the stick. God damnit. Is the stick capacitive? I wonder if sweaty thumbs are the culprit as I've played quite a lot of monhun today.

It could be sweaty thumbs sweaty disgusting nerd thumbs rather than pristine Japanese ones.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

Does anyone know what font Nintendo uses for their eShop codes? I sold something for eShop credit and the code itself was scratched off pretty heavily and there's a string of characters that I can't read.

I thought it'd be 22W89, but the bottom of what i thought was 8 is smaller than the other 8 found in the code and I can't place any other characters as possibilities.

That is 22W85 if I've ever seen it.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Bullshit! Call and tell Nintendo to remove it and then throw everything away and buy it again.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I am really enjoying Link between worlds the game just feels so tight. I'm traversing back and fourth all over the world and there's always stuff happening and things to do. If I ever get confused there are all kinds of different methods of acquiring hints that don't make me feel like I'm cheating or stupid. I thought I would hate the wall picture mechanic thing but actually it's way more elegant than I imagined and adds a dynamic I'd never considered before.

It's just a really well made game.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

How resilient are these left sticks because I feel sometimes like I'm janking it all over the place, the system feels really small so am I at risk of breaking it?

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Louisgod posted:

Okay but I also charge for gas, mental anguish, having to go into a store, having to stand in line at a post office and be next to another person, PTSD, energy expended relative to minutes spent looking for system multiplied by clerks that asked me if I needed help with anything divided by 2 (to account for me saying no), and parking costs. All in all about $7.

If you help me get a 3DS I'll save you all that effort you can just send $200 right to my paypal account.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Fuzz posted:

Does the 3DS really need a screen protector? I mean, you never touch the top screen and it folds over, so...

Should I invest in one? Will it interfere with the sensitivity of the bottom touch screen?

A lot of cases come in basic and for a couple of bucks 'bunch of stuff' versions. You get cart containers, cloth, screen protectors, etc. Screen protectors aren't really worth anything so you may as well try it and if you don't like it take it back off again.

The old 3DS was apparently known for getting marks on the upper screen from being closed. You're far more likely to scratch the screen protector than the screen because it's harder and I generally keep the screen clean so scratches are unlikely. I don't like screen protectors.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Of all the features of the New 3DS the best one is faceplates

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Monster hunter is a polarising game some people think it's dumb

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I'm finding it hard to locate a new (small) 3ds case, it seems like nobody has made any yet. I have my eye this one but it doesn't come out until March 6th.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Does N3DS stand for New 3DS or Nintendo 3DS and, when the next one comes out will it be the NU3DS? What about New U3DS.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Was N3DS also used for the old 3DS?

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I actually kind of think calling it the New 3DS is a bit of marketing genius, the point of which is getting people to talk about literally "the new 3ds" to which someone will respond "but that's old" etc. It's a much better name than Wii U for example.

If Wii U was called the New Gamecube people would at least have known it was a new system.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Okay well now Link between worlds is just difficult, I was totally chilling out on that game now it expects me to do like focussed work in order to beat it.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Ragequit posted:

If you are saying Link Between Worlds is hard, and you are not playing on Hero mode, I have no words.

Help me hardcore gamer you're my only hope.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Use gamefaqs, get good, give the game to a child, kill yourself.

It seems what I wasn't doing was examining the door to the thieves hangout because it looks like one of those doors you can only open with a switch. I've been struggling to just do other things instead, which is hard because I can't move big rocks. Hold on my carpel tunnel is acting up I'll have to get back to you later.

Call your grandparents they miss you.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The guy at gamestop judged me so hard when I bought my wiiu make sure they know it's a gift otherwise I don't know how you'll sleep at night.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Exioce posted:

Sorry for dumb question in advance. I want to transfer my games and saves from the 4gb sdhc card that came with my New 3DS to a 32gb sdhc card. Is it a simple case of copying the contents of one card to the other on a pc? Do I insert the 32gb into the 3DS first to have it format it correctly?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=3ds+file+copy+transfer&l=1

Can we change the title of the thread I don't think do a system transfer is helping anyone.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

io_burn posted:

I wouldn't buy it because unless something has changed, most of the eBay and PayPal anti-fraud stuff revolves around shipping, tracking numbers, and stuff like that. In reading about people who have been burnt buying digital codes, you get in this weird state of limbo where they did technically ship you the code, it just wasn't valid. So the seller can be like, "I don't know what happened, I shipped it, here's the tracking number," and you're kind of boned. Maybe I'm just jaded from over a decade of dealing with weird bullshit trying to save money here and there online, but is saving a couple bucks worth the potential hassle of losing ~£20 and needing to get into the PayPal dispute pissing match?

I mean it's probably fine, but, whatever.

On the other hand maybe that's why totally legit codes go so cheap. :keke:

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I think I'm going through withdrawals after the high I got during the release of this system.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I'm playing it. I just got really excited during the release of the system, like how some people must feel perpetually about amiibos.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Stripped 3DS screws

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

If you've stripped the elastic band you're doing it wrong.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Martytoof posted:

You're supposed to use THAT end of the screwdriver??

Not always it depends on if the screw screws clockwise or counter clockwise, please consult your owners manual.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Awesome! posted:

call them

Why don't we fax them next

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Liquid Penguins posted:

Amazon does not sell nintendo hardware and all the third parties on their site jack up the price.

This is only in the US as far as I know.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

What

I don't

Did anyone mention handedness or am I having a stroke

e: oh, flyboi did, kind of?

What hand you use to screw with also determines which end of the screwdriver to use. It goes like:

Clockwise threads right handed = pointy end
Counterlockwise threads right handed = handle
Clockwise threads left handed = pointy end
Counterlockwise threads left handed = handle

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

Great, now the screwdriver's in my rear end somehow.

I'm right handed, how did we get here?

Jadaris was right.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Owning a 3ds has completely ruined cell phone gaming for me. The quality of games and the tactile controls are something you just can't ignore once you have them. I used to play games on my iPhone whilst pooping but now I'm just all meh, and I just use facebook or surf the forums. Nintendo is loving us with good games again!!

Thanks for listening to my first world pooping conundrum.

How does it take internet people so long to take a poo poo, I hate being in the bathroom. I go in I take a poo poo and get out. I don't sit there and read a book on my iPad for gods sake. Or play games or whatever you are talking about. It's unsanitary.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

I read your post in the bathroom. I've not really taken a video game into the bathroom since I started using iPhones.

Does this count as poo poo posting?

All posts have been polluted by activity in your bathroom.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Bonobos posted:

Does anyone have / use a screen protector on their new XL? I've typically used them on my last ds but then I temeber they got kind of gross, so I am debating going without a screen protector this round. How likely am I to gently caress up the screen / scratch it up without a protector / skin of some sort?

Also any recommendations as far as cases for this? I had my eye on the sfbags offerings but they seem pricy.

Just keep the screen clear of dust and use the stylus instead of a screwdriver.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

I've only just reached Lorule in Link Between Worlds. How far into the game am I, about a third?

It's really just not grabbing me :(

You are basically nowhere I think you're still setting up the story, how long have you been playing?

Edit: Upon further research you were right that seems like about a third. I just played it for a long time when I picked it up.

Nolgthorn fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 1, 2015

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

It really depends on what kind of games you like and the type of person you are. If you're interested in old games then there are some classics, otherwise that's what the big separation of opinion is about. Nobody is going to seriously still argue about which games were good 25 years after they were originally released right?

If a game is a classic and you don't like it then maybe you just don't like old games. Link between worlds is not the "same" as link to the past, I would say it was inspired by it. Originally it was intended to be a remake as I understand. But I would never play a link to the past at this point and am loving the heck out of link between worlds.

You can respect the craftsmanship of a classic title and still not want to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Are there any tycoon or building games on the 3ds? I'm looking at rollercoaster tycoon 3d but from the looks of it they should have just ported over the original. Thinking about the original has me wanting to build things.