Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I managed to nudge my game card out of the slot twice already. I'm so used to curling my long, spindly fingers back around to the bottom there that it's gonna be an adjustment for me!

Note that the New 3DS XL also has much better speakers than the old 3DS XL, which is a good thing but nintendo didn't advertise it.

Also note that the face tracking 3d isn't very good when you're lying down i.e. when your face may be deformed or obscured or some poo poo. You can swap it off in the settings menu.

Also also for everyone bemoaning that they didn't get the LoZ N3ds, the plain red one is much, much nicer looking anyways. It is seriously a good colour and is mondo shiny and excellent all around.

System transfers take about half an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I bought mine at Toys R Us. However, when I went at 11:30 on the launch day, they mentioned they had already sold a few and had something like 10 left, so I get the impression they were selling out everywhere!

I've known a few of those drug mart stores such as Shoppers to sell Nintendo stuff, so you could maybe take a peek there.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Don't think I can recommend any 3ds games that haven't already been mentioned. Pokemon X/Y/ORAS, 3D Land, Bravely Default, SMTIV, Etrian Odyssey games, Link Between Worlds, Animal Crossing, Professor Layton games. Kid Icarus Uprising was fun, but the controlling it was awful and made my hands hurt.

I've really enjoyed discovering DS games, though. I never had a DS and I've been going through it's games and have found some really good ones.

Dragon Quest IV
Final Fantasy III (though you should just play Bravely Default instead)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Chrono Trigger (never played the original, the port is very good)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
SMT: Devil Survivor
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
The World Ends with You

I'd add the Ace Attorney series to this list, as well as Lost Magic and Magical Starsign. The latter two aren't really known but I had a blast playing them.

Note that lostmagic runs like poo poo on the old ds but runs really well on the 3ds.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Argue posted:

I bought a larger microSD card and I'm hoping to nab a New 3DS tonight. Is this going to work:

Turn on and do initial setup on New 3DS (old microSD inside)
Old 3DS -> New 3DS (old microSD inside)
Copy from SD to new microSD
Swap out the old microSD with the new microSD.

Or should I need to put the new microSD in before I even do the initial setup on the new 3DS?

If you have two micro SDs, all you have to do is take it out of the old one and put it in the new 3ds when it prompts you to.

E: Literally just put the cards in their respective systems and start the system transfer. The consoles will prompt you to do things when you need to do them. Don't overthink it!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Martytoof posted:

Are downloads from the eStore supposed to take a year and then some? Grabbing Mario Kart 7 over the office wifi and either this game is like 9 gigs or there's something wrong here. It's been 10 minutes and it's only 1/10th done. I'm on the same wifi and it's fine.

It's firewall settings. Probably your work has something going on under the hood that hates the ports that video game consoles use.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

SperginMcBadposter posted:

My area has n3DS back in stock. Got the dark greyish/black version. :sun:

Nooo you got the baaad oooone.

Although my red already has some paint scuffed off of it, on this inside on the hinge. Whatever they use to powder coat or w/e the inside isn't terribly wear resistant.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

IRSmurf posted:

Just look at these goddamn gorgeous faceplates for the non-XL n3DS:

Zelda:

Xenoblade:

EU/JP exclusive, obviously.

I hated xenoblade but that thing is fukkin sweet.

The XL could conceivably get bottom portion plates, but the top is going to be tricky. You could maybe make a clip on but I guess it wouldn't be the same. I might try it at work some day...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

cat doter posted:

Is there a way to make the super stable 3d crap not freak the gently caress out constantly? It looks like my glasses gently caress up the head tracking or something. I've tried fiddling with the calibration settings but it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

The image constantly splits and flickers and there's ghosting and all sorts of poo poo. I'd play without my glasses except I need them to see things. I like seeing things.

Well, you can either turn it off or stop being a human bobble head. If you keep the 3DS/yourself still it won't readjust the tracking.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

DoctorWhat posted:

That's a bummer. You can turn off the super-stable without turning off the 3D but that's not super-fun either.

Yes you can. Go to system settings > Super stable 3D and toggle it off.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

jivjov posted:

That's...what he just said?

I saw the 'can' as a 'can't.' I guess I should learn to read. My bad!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm a drat fool, and picked up new leaf, fantasy life, paper jam, and FF explorers all within a few days of each other. Help!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't actually have time for any of these games, but I had an amazon gift card from christmas. I've played a little bit of animal crossing and that's it so far... I got stung by bees!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Bombadilillo posted:

All the fire emblem malarkey is confusing. Do I

1. Get to play next month?
2. Still have to drop 80$ for it? (All of it)

Don't forget the 4(?) amiibos you'll need to buy, too!