Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

[*]PC File sharing: You can now access your N3DS's SD card over wifi on your PC. Not entirely sure how this works yet, but it does.

This is how you do that:

http://www.nintendo.com.au/new-nintendo-3ds/support/microsd-management/

ALSO: If you didn't do a system transfer from your old 3DS/3DS XL, and either formatted the system or traded it in/sold it, CALL NINTENDO. Tell them you didn't do the transfer, and they will do it for you on their end. It usually takes 2 - 7 days, and you won't have your save files, but you won't lose any of your eShop purchases.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

eddiewalker posted:

Has anyone gotten the N3DS wireless microsd management to work on a Mac?

Finder>"Connect to Server" then entering "smb://3ds" brings up a user/pass prompt, but I can't get it to do anything but show a "no permission" error.

I doubt it, especially since

quote:

A PC with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 installed is required to use this function.
as it says on the page.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I get this when I attempt to play plex video, any thoughts??

it has to be set to output 480p or it won't work.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I decided to get Monster Hunter 4 last night.

I have no idea what's going on yet (I haven't really had much of a chance to play it yet either), but I love having this smug bastard as my hunter

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Liquid Penguins posted:

Got a new 3ds in the mail and there is a giant scratch in the center of the top screen the second I open it. What the gently caress?

Sounds like you didn't practice your screwing.

Seriously though, Call Nintendo.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

how do i take pics in MH4? Or say anything.

When you want a screenshot, hit the home button, then either go to Miiverse or go to Nintendo 3DS Image Share (in the Home menu), and upload the screenshot.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

This seems to not take a screen shot at all when I hit home then select twitter. It just looks at what photos I already have.

Sorry about that, it seems I was thinking about the Wii U. Miiverse would be the only way.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Jadaris posted:

It takes all of 5 minutes to generate the codes for those games using the exploit so I'm not sure why anyone would pay some dumbass redditor for them.

Boy, I bet IRSmurf would have liked to know about that before paying money

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I finally decided upon my final Club Nintendo reward: DKC Returns.

Never played it on the Wii, so I'm looking forward to it.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

KillGizmo posted:

Finally picked one up. What case are you guys using this keep this baby safe?

We use this baby case

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Fuzz posted:

I got my Black Wood panel Decalgirl skin, looks drat badass. I can post pics if people are curious.

I would like to see some. This is one of the skins I've been considering.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Himuro posted:

May I have some goon friend codes? Here's mine.

2320-6132-7821

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Am I the only one who is going to be dumb enough to get all three StreetPass things coming out this week?

And yes, I'm buying VIP because that's how I roll. (Do people still say that?)

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 12, 2015

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Can I buy eshop points on Amazon and have them email me a code, or are they going to actually ship a physical card?

They send out a physical card. And you can't use any gift card or promotional balance on them.

however, of all places, Walmart emails you codes.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I didn't mind dropping $6.99 and $4.99 on the three new StreetPass things.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

How are the StreetPass games compared to Find Mii? I'm thinking about getting them since I get hits every morning passing by a McDonalds relay. Is there a discount to buy both sets together?

The fishing one is decent. You pass people, get bait, and catch fish. It's at least more involved than the flower game.

The zombie game is a hack and slash, and I really enjoy it. It's easily my new favorite.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

hadji murad posted:

Do you actually get to fish? I love fishing. And fishing in games.

The casting is done for you. You set the hook and reel it in. It deals with the fish fighting and getting tired, the fish getting away if it goes far enough and you run out of line on your spool, the line breaking, and stuff like that. You "reel" the fish either by moving the circle pad in circles or spinning the reel on the touchscreen.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Was debating getting the Street Pass VIP thing, then realized I have put 100+ hours into the Street Pass app, so why the hell not.

The way I figure it, I ultimately paid $2 for the VIP thing. That made it an easy decision.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I used this guide for Homepass.

I set this up this morning, and it works like a freaking dream!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Anora posted:

Of 3D classics Twinbee, Super Mario land 1 or 2, Metroid II, Kid Icarus M&M or Radar Mission, what are the pros and cons of each?

This is the only thing to say about Super Mario Land 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmwtykJj47Y I do like SML 1, but it is short.

I would suggest Super Mario Land 2 out of all of those though.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 22, 2015

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Well, gently caress.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

raditts posted:

How do you guys come up with such inventive ways to destroy your electronic toys?

It was in the case, in my pocket, as per usual. Some boxes at work tipped over onto my leg. My leg is fine, but it caused the crack in the LCD. Going to cost me $100 to fix.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I have had to start using Homepass, because with my cracked screen I can't take my 3DS anywhere without it getting worse.

And I can't afford to send it it yet, so I need to use Homepass until then.

Beats having to go to McDonald's for Streetpasses anyway.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Was finally able to send my New 3DS XL in to get it fixed. These next two weeks are going to be a bit more boring.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Buy another and then return it in 2 weeks

If I had that much money available, I would. I have some serious Mario Golfing and Curtain Calling to do!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is the 3DS Monkey Ball game any good?

Short answer: No.

Slightly longer answer: gently caress no. It is goddamn terrible! It is almost impossible to fall off the edges. They made the game WAY too drat easy.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Stars aren't shiny, try again.

On an unrelated note, I'm finally getting my New 3DSXL back from the repair center on Tuesday. This has been a horrible waiting period. I mean, I have a Wii U, so I can still play some games, but not Curtain Call, Animal Crossing, or Mario Golf. I'm going to be binging through games next week.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 30, 2015

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

sondogg posted:

The game you're looking for is Fantasy Life and the expansion. I put 100 hours into that game in a month. I have Rune Factory 4 too and I played through the campaign, but I dropped off at the end game BC the game is a bit opaque and I've never played a Harvest Moon of Rune Factory game before. I do plan on giving it another whirl. Both are good fun, I've just gotten significantly more mileage from FL.

Can I ask wtf you mean by saying a game is opaque?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

If anyone wants it, here's a code for Mighty Switch Force

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-nintendo-of-america-get-danny-devito-to-voice-the-english-version-of-detective-pikachu

quote:

Get Danny DeVito to voice the English version of Detective Pikachu

There are a number of us that feel as though Danny DeVito would be a prime fit for the voice acting role of the Detective Pikachu. We want to make this happen.

Just over 16,000 signatures.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

If you haven't done so yet, you can pre-register your My Nintendo Account

https://accounts.nintendo.com/

quote:

You'll also earn My Nintendo Platinum Points for pre-registering. When Miitomo launches in March 2016, sign in to the My Nintendo website to receive your points. My Nintendo points can be redeemed for various My Nintendo rewards.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15997

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 17, 2016

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Houle posted:

Or terrible pictures with someone's schlong

We don't need to get this shut down like Swapnote

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I can't wait for note swapping again!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I didn't see any others, so I started a new spreadsheet for Swapdoodle Friend Codes.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

So, I made a thread for Swapdoodle.

Go doodle and swap.