Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

One thing that does suck about the New 3DS is how easy it is to nudge the power button. Its old placement mean you'd never really hit it on accident, but I just managed to nudge it after getting to the boss door of Great Bay Temple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So it feels like the Bomber kids in Majora's Mask react to almost whatever mask you are currently wearing. Which made the dancing mask cutscene a little weird, because they do this dramatic like cutscene around part of it that is impossible to take seriously, since one of the Bomber kids is dancing at you the whole time.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I assume the next Direct will be April, with radio silence outside of a possible Pokemon reveal until E3 itself following it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Also the bosses have all been re-tweaked. Mostly for the better in my experience thus far. (Haven't fought the fourth boss yet.)
I sort of hated all of the boss tweaks. None of them made the fights feel any harder, but all of them made the fights feel far longer and boring than they needed to be. Goht used to be a pretty fun boss, but now you have to literally stop and attack his weak spot every once in a while and it makes me hate having to come back to him to lift the snow.

Twinmold is an exception though. On one hand, it is the most time consuming and tedious boss of the four, but on the other hand, the changes to it are the best thing, and if you don't know what's coming, its a pretty nice surprise.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It would be cool if Nintendo let Monster Games add a little bit of content to Xenoblade Chronicles 3D like they did with Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

The extra 8 levels in DKCR3D were pretty cool, and unless Retro themselves made them, had a healthy dose of new level gimmicks that weren't in the original. It would be cool to see Monster Games do something with, say, that one beta area from Xenoblade.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

planetarial posted:

I dunno, Xenoblade is already a pretty drat content heavy game, especially if you count sidequests. I'd prefer it if they made an optimize button for equipment and/or showed NPCs on the map screen to make questing easier.
Sure, that would be cool too, but I still think the Left Shoulder is a nice looking enough place that it would be a shame if they did nothing with it. I mean the whole area is finished maps anyways.

It is a bit large though.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It continues to suck to be stuck under Nintendo of Australia's division.

We got the first 3D classic of this latest Sega batch, but missed out on Fantasy Zone for seemingly no reason, and now it looks like we won't be getting Outrun either.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm not sure if I could do that to myself again.

The first one sort of just ate 150 hours of my life away at some point. It probably helps that we were in the progress of moving internationally, so I had nothing but time to spare, but still.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Fuse for better weapons as often as you can, but try as hard as you can to not fuse what you are currently using unless its absolutely necessary.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

New firmware update is up.

This one lets you save up to 8 home menu layouts and switch between them at will. By home menu layouts I mean the theme and the exact locations you have everything arranged in. It feels like this is custom tailored to support the badge machine shop thing in Japan, which makes me wonder if/when we will get it here.

Also it seems the N3DS internet browser easter egg now works in PAL regions, but I haven't heard if it works in NA yet.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh poo poo, the latest update seems to have allowed the Japanese to attach pins to folders.

That is exactly what I wanted them to make happen since the badge center became a thing, especially with the little 8-bit console and handheld badges they had available for a while.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'd prefer a Grezzo style re-texturing of Super Mario 64 or Kirby 64 personally.

The 3DS is never going to get N64 Virtual Console, so i'm happy for them to keep porting/remastering N64 stuff.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

blackjack posted:

Super Mario 64 DS is one of my least favorite ports of my least favorite games. Crystal Shards on the 3DS would be a blast.
Yeah i'd probably prefer the original getting redone over the DS port. I wasn't a huge fan of that weird hat business or playable Wario.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So 3DS themes are pretty great. I grabbed the craft paper Kirby one and was relatively okay with my purchase.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Man, Amiibos....

I haven't bothered with them before now, but I sort of wanted a Shulk one to make unlocking all the music and poo poo actually feasible in Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. I'm not even sure they were ever sold here locally.

There's like one store in a 50km radius of where I live that even sells Nintendo stuff, and the last time I checked they had a handful of Amiibo from launch and had shifted them into some small abandoned corner of the store, so I assume aren't getting any more in.

Looks like my best option is trying to get one for $40-60 off some online auction site.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

In New Zealand?

I hadn't heard about this.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

In a SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS that will surprise no one, April Fools day Direct has been announced.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

forbidden lesbian posted:

a guy dying because he locked himself in his car while on drugs
Is there a link to this one? It sounds vaguely interesting.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

anime + anime = double anime

This checks out.
The maths on this is all wrong. SMT x FE is a crossover, therefore it would read something more like...

anime x anime = super anime

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It's pretty much a breeze through til about Chapters 15-16 where it gets more annoying than it does challenging. I haven't been able to get past the 17th world so far, because anytime it gets to the point I need to really think about a level, I decide that there's just so much left to do in Xenoblade that it would be a better waste of time instead.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Raserys posted:

As a fellow lefty, work through the pain.

I think I was using face buttons to move the camera and had the stylus in my left, buuuuut my hands hurt after a couple hours and it was impossible to get back into after I stopped playing for a while.

So, good luck!
I preferred using the face buttons to move and having the camera by left hand stylus controls. It makes air portions far harder than they need to be, but it's doable to at least 5.0 Intensity on almost every level.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah, it's pretty blurry, and the only game i've bought for the 3DS so far that feels like it would of actually been better played on a console, but it's Xenoblade on a handheld, and I prefer handheld gaming, so I don't find it too bad.

Holy poo poo is there a lot of sidequests though. I wanted to get as many of them done as I could before I progressed the story, and ended up gaining 15 levels and 1.5 mil in gold. Gold I likely won't spend until the end of the game because of all the weapons, gear and gems I was showered in at the same time.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

MonHun Chronicles

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm probably stupid enough to buy the two new streetpass games while living in a country so streetpass barren that I may get one or two a year, but I still can't tell what the point of VIP Streetpass is, so screw that.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Hey so on the off chance any other Australians read this thread, Mewtwo code is up on Club Nintendo. Log in and press the arrow on the right of the "Important info on Club Nintendo" thing.

I mean, if you registered both versions of Smash and all.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Jadaris posted:

It's been 3 weeks and I still have analysis paralysis over whether to choose Mario Kart 7 or Mario Golf for my platinum reward. :(
Get Mario Golf, and then if you don't own it already, go pick up a Wii U and Mario Kart 8.

It is far better than Mario Kart 7.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Opening it on your New 3DS internet browser and turning on the 3D seems like it would be an easier way to do that though.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I sort of assume it's going to get announced here eventually, and have done ever since it was announced in Japan, purely due to how barren the 3DS is for first party releases for the rest of the year.

Failing a Pokemon Z/remake announcement or something of interest being announced next month at E3 we have nothing that I can think of until Fire Emblem If, which is a 2016 thing at best at this stage.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I really doubt we'd get Daigasso but Tomodachi Life coming out last year and being an unexpected massive success for them does give more chance to the less popular, more out there sort of stuff getting localized.

Maybe Pokemon will happen again too. There's not a whole lot stopping them from doing last year's play again and announcing a new Pokemon game and a June/July localization with Rhythm Heaven or Style Savvy. Hell, they could even throw in a free game promotion with Splatoon, just like Mario Kart last year.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

A Splatoon theme was announced in the JP Direct that I can only assume we are getting eventually. Also some really cool looking Splatoon themed n3DS cover plates were announced, but NOA doesn't respect any of you enough to let you have them anyways, so it's not as important.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Champeenship posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9SoozHUA4I

Hey, I guess they went ahead and put a F2P Pushmo game in Japan.

edit: the first seven courses are free, then you can purchase one pack of a hundred courses for 500 and three packs of fifty courses for 300 yen each, or 1000 for all of them at once.
Well poo poo. Looks like i'm buying all of this.

I like that they have released 4 games in a series of essentially the same sort of concept and introduced new poo poo each time. Fair enough most of the main puzzles in Pushmo World were almost exactly the same as the original Pushmo, but the side experimental challenge stuff with the timed blocks and multi pull block things was interesting.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Spiteski posted:

Is Puzzles and Dragons Mario version worth it for the (seemingly outrageous) AU/NZ price of 70 dollars NZ? I can get the cartridge version for 55 from a retailer, but I look at it as a kind of filler game that I'd use when I want a break from Monhun or something but cant be bothered taking the console out of the grip to get to the carts.

70 seems pretty damned steep, but considering it if its really that good. I played the mobile version and the 3DS demo and the demo seemed more like a game, as the mobile seemed very 2D and "mobile game" -ish.

I dunno... convince me to spend money or dont. Whatever
Is it really $70 on the NZ eShop?

I was living in Australia when the NNID thing came in to practice, and when I came back to NZ last year I found out that they actually can't change the region of your NNID, even between two parts of the same region. But since the Australian and New Zealand dollar are so close and the currency conversion it's the most preferable option of dealing with Nintendo outside of importing physical copies from Europe. And gently caress doing that.

By comparison, it's $50 on the Aus eShop, which is like $55 after currency conversion and fee, if that,

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I have this weird feeling in that I HATED the Wii U version, but the 3DS version sounds sort of hella tempting.

Boat Dad is all differing ways of alluring though.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

See I don't know if its that I hated Hyrule Warriors or I hated having to play it on a console either.

I generally liked 3D Land and DKCR 3D but are finding 3D World and Tropical Freeze a tedious chore to play as of late in comparison.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

There will be directs in the future.

From memory, the last one Japan had was held by some other dude entirely, who was supposed to be taking over doing most of them in the future, for Japan at least. And there's more than enough dudes and ladies at Nintendo to stand up and be charismatic directly to you. I mean, there's Shigeru, Aonuma, Tezuka, Sakurai, multiple ladies that worked on Animal Crossing to come in and help out. Bill, Shibata and Reggie could have a more active role in them even.

They will never feel the same without Iwata though.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

That literally fills out the rest of the checkmarks of what I need from an Animal Crossing game. They need to be careful because the next full release of Animal Crossing I'll just be like "why can't this just be about me decorating a house and showing it off."
To be honest, i'll be pretty annoyed if the ceiling furniture, the curtain and door functions, the new furniture and the ability to decorate the outside of your house don't make it in the next game.

If they don't pretty much combine what they did with New Leaf and what they are doing with this, it'll be a pretty big let down.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Alternatively, having played both versions, I find the console version harder to deal with because it's hard to give up the amount of time needed to console gaming to beat it. The portable versions portability and pick up and play....ness.... make it a whole lot easier to deal with in comparison.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

With Ace Attorney 6 being a thing, Great Ace Attorney feels like it has about as much chance of being localized as Ace Attorney Investigations 2 has.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Weird....

It's 1000 stars on the Australian Club. Needless to say, with 2600 stars left, I grabbed two of them. I'll probably get the other two Club exclusive 3DS themes with the last of my stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Operates on it's own clock. Though I think you can skip to the next morning through use of your own bed, or evening through use of the hotel.