Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
lol ok sure, this new console which isn't really all that different from the current one needs a new thread, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oh sorry i didn't see that post from 20 pages back, i just thought the op of the old thread closed it for some reason out the blue

carry on

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Night Blade posted:

Yeah, I was going to do the same thing until I realized you can get 120 dollars for your old 3DS Xl; with the added benefit of fingering Gamestop. Mine sold on Ebay in lass than a day.

the last thing i would ever want to do is finger anyone who works at gamestop

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

I've really enjoyed discovering DS games, though. I never had a DS and I've been going through it's games and have found some really good ones.

Dragon Quest IV
Final Fantasy III (though you should just play Bravely Default instead)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Chrono Trigger (never played the original, the port is very good)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
SMT: Devil Survivor
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
The World Ends with You

Good list, Advance Wars is the only thing noticeably missing, to me anyway.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

I have not played it, so that'll be my next game to find

Depending on how much you liked Dawn of Sorrow I would also recommend finding Order of Ecclesia, I really like it (even more then Dawn) but I think it may have been a bit more polarizing.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

You also have to suck one of our dicks you dumb human being

I'm sorry y'all. I just can't get enough of that quote.

What quote

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

lol, the rudest squirtle

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

You already said you play "online Survival type games".

Get a 3DS or go to hell.

seeing you post is starting to make me hate owning a 3DS.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

enojy posted:

Wow. I was pricematching 3DS XLs on Craigslist to see how much to try and sell mine for, and found this guy selling a Pokemon X 3DS XL with 5 games for $90. No idea what the fifth game is (Pokemon X?), but the four pictured are Pokemon Y, Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, and... Ocarina of Time 3D. Should I e-mail him and tell him he could get way more if he sold OoT3D on its own, or offer him $80 for the bundle?

Hmmm, should I do the smart thing and make money or be an idiot and tell someone to charge more for something? Real tough question

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Actually I'm betting the games aren't the ones pictured, like every Game Box is just gonna have a copy of Jeff Gordon Racing or something.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Well, the only problem I see with that plan is that Jeff Gordon Racing was a Gameboy Game, so it will be a little hard to play on the 3DS.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

OK the issue has been fixed. :siren:

It had to do with a new folder being created, and for some reason this confusing the old3ds XL.

Thanks for helping me figure it out! :toot:

I'm surprised about how I could find virtually nothing on google about this.

Also for the sake of explaining myself, the new3DS XL I returned had an issue similar to a GBA with a poorly-tuned potentiometer. The head-tracking thing worked fine; actually I was really impressed with it.

Is Nintendo planning on releasing any matte new3DS XLs?

can't wait to see a repeat of your last few posts in a few months

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Bravely Defualt was insanely good, actually

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

After spending a bit with the nn3ds, I am really liking the speed and non-poo poo browser. I was playing oot last night, got stuck (I never played it on any other system, so gimme a break), popped out to the browser, got what I needed from youtube, back into the game, and all of it happened quickly with no waiting around!!

Holy poo poo we are truly living in the future :pcgaming:

you cheated, i'm revoking your game card

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Bravely Default is really fun, as is SMT IV

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

eightysixed posted:

I just bought Chrono Trigger from Amazon. I hope all this Chrono whitenknighting wasn't a troll :saddowns:

White-knighting? It's a good game, not sure why you think people are lying about that.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lemming posted:

I don't understand this post + your avatar.

Regardless of the av, they're right.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

precision posted:

There were a truly stupid number of GBA models, including the unusably small GBA Micro, which is even more weird because it came out after the SP, was not that much smaller, and the SP was basically perfect.

e: I mean wow look how much room you saved!

GBA Sp ruled, playing Fire Emblem during class owned.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

The thread has a tendency to run them into the ground

ok I'll go suck a cute dick now or whatever

Welcome to the internet, i guess

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

eightysixed posted:

The love/hate thing in this thread over Chrono Trigger is weird. It was only $25 bucks, and from what I gather, it should be at least worth that. Goon advice never agrees :(

It is a solid good RPG.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Please play VLR and 999, they're real good.

Please also kidnap the people who made them and force them to make the third game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fryhtaning posted:

I still don't see how the wait is any worse than Advance Wars, FFT, or FE, especially on a map that has fog-of-war.

Fog of War rocks when it's like 20 units moving and the only thing you can do is listen to a bunch of tank treads and boots stomping.

And you got like 5 units working their hearts out to try and get this base conquered before you get destroyed.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Order of Ecclesia, hands loving down. But yeah, get them all and play through.

Hell yeah

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Louisgod posted:

For every person that says it's good (ie you), 4 more come out and say it's bad.

It's bad.

it's good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hahaha nostalgia must be a hell of a thing, cause OOT certainly ain't good enough to justify paying that much for it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

When I was younger I thought that circle formed by the headmane thing and the neck was his eye, couldn't unsee it for years

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

flyboi posted:

NOT ENOUGH SYSTEMS :c00lbutt:

i do not remember the GBA being so small

also lol that you would have that ugly orange over the royal purple

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Wait you people haven't posted Neil Young's Harvest Moon? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2MtEsrcTTs

it's too bad Neil didn't take his own advice about burning out vs fading away

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

flyboi posted:

But it matches my GC + GBP in spice

are you color-blind

is orange color-blindness even a thing?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

why do you like this terrible color scheme

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

pumpkin pie tastes pretty good

the byob agreed smiley

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

What does that post even mean

it seems like the unimaginative guy was making fun of nolgothon cause he bought the wrong kind of memory card or something, but i only recognize half the words in the original post so...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
he called something toxic too, a good warning to make sure you don't eat your 3DS

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kin posted:

Yeah, i don't really remember that much about the game to be honest. I remember it being good but nothing that screamed "i'm super amazing, remember me forever" like OoT did.

I really meant from a technical level that the 3D just works so well.

OOT is not super amazing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Honestly I'd say that the 3ds beats out the Wii U still. But that's just me.

what about when Fire Emblem x SMT comes out?

trick question, its never coming out

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

enojy posted:

Page 163 of the New Nintendo 3DS Chat thread is quite possibly the funniest page of any thread on Something Awful.

that's a big stretch buddy, i don't see anything about goons making a secret base on an island, any pictures from gooncamp, someone telling a mother her womb is poisoned, a guy dying because he locked himself in his car while on drugs, a mod telling someone to try LSD to beat a heroin addiction,

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Pick one and then buy the other. One does not play only one of the Oracle games.

i did it, i onl played one, when i was

jeez when did those come out first i don't want to check it's gonna make me feel old

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Buy Xenoblade if you haven't played it kids

hmmm, no

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

nothing about the combat looks fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

lol nobody plays RPG's for the combat

it's the first thing i notice whenever anyone shows me gameplay, i guess the bigger issue is that nothing draws me to it, like character or plot-wise, and yeah sure you can post a bunch of music or whatever but hey guess what, tons of bad games have good music too, you're gonna need more then that