Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fuzz posted:

Nobody wants your sweaty, disgusting old3DS.

The hand sweat acts as a natural polish, rear end. If anything, it's worth more!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Prop Wash posted:

Good news, this thread is so weird and the new 3ds seems like such a meager upgrade that I'm just going to go buy a wiiu instead. Pretty excited for my new wiiu, what games should I buy?

"Why didnt you get a new 3ds?"

"Uh, there's this thread on this forum that's really weird, so I got a wii-u"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

I think it's cool that the new 3DS is basically what everyone expected the 3DS to be like from the get-go.

I also really want to use those extra buttons, but nothing utilizes them yet. I wish I could bind them to items in MM.

I've been messing around with the resident evil revelations demo, which uses them, and looks cool in 3d to boot.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

eddiewalker posted:

I'm stranded at DFW all day so I'm just riding the Skylink train in circles.

I can't keep up with all these streetpasses long enough to play a real game!

Last time I was stuck in DFW I did the same thing, minus the 3ds.

Nothin better to do, may as well ride the train in a circle

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol @ nintendo for loving up low rez led screens in tyool 2015.

Also lol @ them loving up powder coating and proper assembly cleanup in tyool 2015, poo poo that was nailed during the industrial revolution.

If nintendo was anybody but nintendo, they would be a laughing stock, but the games own and the 3ds is more than the sum of its parts so here we are

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What snes emulator are you using?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

After spending a bit with the nn3ds, I am really liking the speed and non-poo poo browser. I was playing oot last night, got stuck (I never played it on any other system, so gimme a break), popped out to the browser, got what I needed from youtube, back into the game, and all of it happened quickly with no waiting around!!

Holy poo poo we are truly living in the future :pcgaming:

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 24, 2015

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anora posted:

I refuse to believe that until I see a "Posted from my n3dsxl" under a post.

I have posted in this very thread with my n3dsxl. I'm going to start leaving flipnote replies

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You aren't using the system?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Manky posted:

So I freaking love my new3DS and all, but I'm hankerin' for a good open world sandbox game. Something in the vein of the classics, GTA, Saints Row, Just Cause, Assassin's Creed, etc. Games I spent a lot of time loading up just to crash cars and blow off steam. From googling, it looks like my options are Lego City Undercover (reportedly very mediocre) or replaying GTA: Chinatown Wars. Have I missed anything?

I'm hankering for the same thing.

I have to think the 3ds could handle the ps2-era gta's. Rockstar get on that!!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Never played it but I heard it was just "references: the game" and not much else.

Is that not correct?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

All jrpgs and RPGs in general suck in some form, stop effortposting defending your fav kawaii anime game, or at least have the decency do it in the vita thread.

You're better than this, guys.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

In other words smdyff

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cake Attack posted:

gently caress you

Cake Attack posted:

jrpgs and anime loving rule

littleorv posted:

I'll loving fight you

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466426

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey pokemon shuffle guys/gals this is a thing:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/3ds_browser_exploit_hackers_bypassnpokemon_shuffle_microtransactions

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Awesome! posted:

i am excited to see people whining about getting banned over f2p energy bars

Ugh maybe you could have been less obvious about it, gosh!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Awesome! posted:

it is a shame that the new custodian of the 3ds thread would resort to such shameful trolling

that said, the vita thread is fully supportive of jrpg and anime lovers of all kinds

I am fully supportive of all 3ds owners and I want to help you all improve yourselves.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

epsilon posted:

Suck a dick you dumb human being. I've done the same thing for goons looking for action figures. It's an act of kindness. But people on the spectrum generally don't understand empathy or altruism, do they?

epsilon posted:

You morons did notice that someone has already offered to keep an eye out right? That's really all I was asking for, was someone to check as they're tooling around in whatever store. Stay salty though dipshits.

Never forget

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Swung by GameStop and bought crush3d for $3 because it gives club nintendo coins. What has this world come to?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's a good game!

I actually remember it from the psp era, although I never had it, so figured for $3 and 20 club coins, why not?

Thankfully the club code was not taken

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

epsilon posted:

THANK YOU, someone gets me.

I was having a terrible day that day and normally I am super chill. I ended up driving 30ish miles out to a remote Wal-Mart and got a New XL in black. Sorry for being a dick! I will admit I get a huge laugh out of the acronym.

Welcome to the black nn3ds club! its the best one

You and the practicing screwing guy are this threads mvp's.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ironfall should be out on eshop now. First person to get it let us know if there is a way for us to all get together and shoot each other's faces

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey so Ironfall is actually pretty cool!! I played a bit of single player, and multiplayer, both were fun, although the multi was more action than single player was.

Multiplayer really reminds me of old school Half-Life deathmatch, which is strange because you'd think they'd ape Quake, COD, one of the big ones, but its not nearly as twitchy as Quake, not nearly as one-shot-kill as COD. You spend much more time alive and firing than in either of those games.

The demo lets you play multiplayer on one map only, but its a good example of whats going on.

:siren:ALSO:siren:, they let you play pubbies, or get friends together in the demo, so we should totally get some goon Ironfall going!! i have literally never done anything with friendcodes on 3DS though, so I will leave that task to someone else.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Played more ironfall multiplayer last night. Grenade launcher is quickly becoming weapon of choice on the demo map. It's hilariously over and under powered at the same time. It can kill in one shot, but the splash area for damage seems pretty small, so it rarely one shots.

Also all the noobs who jump right into mp having never played make for easy fodder.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The rear end Stooge posted:

Is there anything noteworthy about Ironfall other than being on the 3DS? It looks like any number of generic third-person shooters I might have played on a smartphone.

Online multiplayer, really impressive graphics for 3ds. Also it's a TPS on a system that had zero FPS' and like two other TPS's.

Download it and see if you like it. It's free to try then you pay to unlock the full single player, multiplayer or both after you've tried it.

If you really want to play a certified awesome single player TPS, get RE Revelations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Owning a 3ds has completely ruined cell phone gaming for me. The quality of games and the tactile controls are something you just can't ignore once you have them. I used to play games on my iPhone whilst pooping but now I'm just all meh, and I just use facebook or surf the forums. Nintendo is loving us with good games again!!

Thanks for listening to my first world pooping conundrum.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its fun though, which trumps all else

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The nn3ds was never eligible for codes. I think you can still get the warranty extension by registering, so it's still worth it for that.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I've got one sitting in a drawer that I can't use because I don't have a DS to update the firmware with

I want to say there is an "emergency update" function or similar where if the card sees a file on its sd card with a certain name it runs it right away with no user input. All it needs is power, which the 3ds will provide, no?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It's kinda hard to find oot carts and when you do, they are often for above retail price

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I really want to go digital but I haven't yet because I'm worried about what will happen after the 3ds is retired. I don't get rid of my nintendo handhelds or their games, and I want to be able to play my games.

I also don't want to truck around a handful of carts, having them all installed would be great.

I guess by the time the eshop no longer works on 3ds we can count on a good flash cart being available cheap, but I'm still on the fence.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Strange Quark posted:

It's Biggu Makku, you baka gaijin. :rolleyes:

take it to the vita thread, fellas

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

I don't remember who here had a DSTWO on a New, but does it still work after the update?

I can try it tonight

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Liquid Penguins posted:

Batteries are haunted and if you don't say "stay safe battery ghost" every time you plug it in, it permanently reduces your max charge by 13 minutes.

This is true my uncle works at the place that makes batteries and says this is a thing

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

Electronics tend to last longer with fewer problems if you shut them off when not in use.

Then you won't get them sweet sweet streetpasses

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So praun+ or prune+ or whatever comes out today. Anyone know if there will be a demo?

I'm interested but I want to try it first

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kevin Bacon posted:

Is it worth picking up a N3DS just for the games available on the system? I don't have any long commutes and I don't travel a lot, so the fact that it's portable isn't really a selling-point to me. Probably seems ridiculous (or maybe not? I've always had the impression that people get a 3DS because they need something on the go, and the alternative is... well... the Vita), but I've always kind of wanted one, and with the recent release of Monster Hunter 4 it seems a lot more attractive.

Yes absolutely worth it. I really only play my 3ds at home and even then really only in bed. I do bring it places to get streetpasses, but still mostly play at home.

The 3ds has a large amount of games you can't play anywhere else, the new 3ds especially ups the ante with twin stick controls, a web browser that lets you watch 3d videos on YouTube and plex, and a play experience in the 3d screen that simply can't be had anywhere else.

Let's be honest, the Vita hardware is faster than the 3ds, it has a crazy high rez screen, capacitive touch, a better twin stick setup, on paper it's clearly the better hardware.

The 3ds still wins in most people's minds because it provides gameplay experiences you can't have anywhere else, and the 3d effect, especially on the new 3ds is mindblowing.

The 3ds is also helped by the vitas large amount of crappy PS3 ports that don't run well despite its power.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Finally made it to gold status on club nintendo! I'll get something for my compulsive buying!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Said the guy with the anime avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Saagonsa posted:

Is this supposed to be an own?

Just the facts, ma'am :tipshat: