Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

Now the question is, do I want a New 3DS so I have proper camera controls for MH4. Probably not gonna get much for the XL at gamestop am I.

I think the trade-in deal still runs through the weekend, so an XL will be worth $100 if you put it towards a New 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Kewpuh posted:

i guess the sdxc card i bought is just hosed because i've been trying to redownload all my games for a couple days now and the eshop keeps making GBS threads out error codes at me once i hit like 16gb on the sd card. trying one final hurrah with the full (overwrite) option with sdformatter and i guess if that doesnt work then yay

Where'd you buy the card from? A 64+ GB card acting up after 16 GB makes me think "counterfeit".

EDIT: One of these days I'm going to remember to check the current page indicator before replying to a post in this thread.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Supercar Gautier posted:

Everything Nintendo publishes goes on sale digitally now, and there's no reason Xenoblade would be an exception. Gamestop wants you to order a physical copy because they are in the physical copy business.

Although you can also preorder digital download codes from them. Which I guess is something if you really want one of the bonus items.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ChaosArgate posted:

GameStop price gouges all the drat time. I saw copies of Pokemon Heart Gold going for goddamn $50 like 2 months ago. I think part of the problem though is that OoT3D might actually be out of print now, so it might be getting rarer. It's still pretty lovely though.

The crazy thing is they aren't even consistent about it. I found a copy of Knights in the Nightmare, with case and manual, for :10bux: when Gamestop was doing the "try out the New 3DS in person" thing on the 7th.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

DaveKap posted:

Huh? The normal 3DS is capped at 12. Did they seriously lower the amount?

No, N3DS is 12 as well.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm more confused by the first half of that line than the second half. What the gently caress kind of overpriced booze did you blow $400 on anyway?

EDIT: I consider most wine to be overpriced, for the record.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

noirstronaut posted:

I kinda think the percentages mean next to nothing. How the hell did I manage to catch a Mew with 10% catchability? How do Pokes with 90% run away after one shake?

Mostly, it's because the human mind does an astonishingly lovely job of understanding probability.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FrickenMoron posted:

I just got a dead pixel on my touchscreen today after 1 month of owning the system. Are there any programs that let you flash colors to determine if the pixel is stuck or plain dead?

http://www.jscreenfix.com/ works in the N3DS browser if you want to give that a shot.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Okay, either I'm terrible at installing Decalgirl skins or the skins are a tremendously lovely waste of money. Either way, I regret wasting money on one.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

ive seen them come out pretty well so you're probably just bad at stickers

It's entirely possible. Although the feel of my fingers so much as brushing against the edges creates a sensation not entirely unlike styrofoam grinding against styrofoam, so I'm not sure it would have helped if I wasn't.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Wamdoodle posted:

It takes some finesse to get it looking really good but having your particular..... problem.....would most definitely contribute to making it harder to put on. I'm getting shivers just thinking about the way you described the sensation.....and not in a good way....

It's only the edges, though. The actual flat parts aren't nearly that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

The rear end Stooge posted:

Don't call your mom "Inflation," that's mean. She can't help it :(

The nickname isn't because of her weight. Don't kinkshame.