Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Haquer posted:

Do you find it difficult playing games on your 3DS, since you're blind?

He really is amazingly wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

noirstronaut posted:

SNES Link to the Past is the better one while the DS Chrono Trigger is the better one of that, right?

I can say Yes on Chrono Trigger. Not sure about LttP

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Yeah, I am embarrassed to say I got kinda excited about the fact I missed a game release that could be sort of fun. I'd probably enjoy wasting a few hours messing with that if it was a decent port.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles trip report: it's good!

Yeah, it really is, but it took a while for it to get there for me. I liked the music and production early on, but the fighting was a little bit boring (no more than the typical RPG, though). But with every new story objective, another little layer of the combat system is added. This continues to happen for like 8 hours, and then it's pretty damned complicated (in a good way). Then add all kinds of skill sharing, skill point choices, timed-bro-cheers which make you like your pals more and get to do chains more. And that's like 1/5 of the stuff that goes into combat.

They were smart to take it slow, though, because it kicks so much rear end once you get to the second big area, and all of the systems at once would've been stupidly overwhelming.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

queeb posted:

...whats this app?

Googling led me to this, which apparently was removed from the Play Store for whatever reasons (I think it had to do with ads/copyright issues). He threw it on Dropbox in the meantime.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xzpkfkgg82sgw15/AAD9XpgZd4QrmDSgu0-tIIZIa?dl=0

I'm going to check it out. There is an app on the Play Store that seems to attempt something similar, but the reviews make me think it's not very good.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

queeb posted:

I think I found the same one. Just installed it an it actually looks freggin awesome.

Yeah, found the Gamefaqs thread the guy posted. Sounds legit:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835582-xenoblade-chronicles-3d/71542986

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Cartoon Man posted:

I remember getting Final Fantasy Legend on gameboy. That was really Saga 1, wasn't it? Game was hard as poo poo, my 8 year old self could never figure it out, but I came back to it when I was older and loved it. Biggest gripe I had with it was the weapons. You get a kick rear end sword and it has 300 swipes and then it breaks and that's it.

The chip tune gameboy music was so loving good though, god this takes me back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHjWm1hEmn8&list=PLB0xooEkKbSZV5DW3lg05yzCk14uSGp7m&sns=em

Overworld theme makes me want to go on an adventure.
http://youtu.be/vogMDXK-3uQ?list=PLB0xooEkKbSZV5DW3lg05yzCk14uSGp7m

Oh, wow, the feels...

I remember making it up to some kind of creator guy in a top hat. I think that was the farthest I made it, but I think I was 10 years old. I never got quite as far in Legend 2.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Literally the last boss :v:

Yeah I figured. I just couldn't hack it. I'm sure I tried.. There was no gamefaqs in 1990 or whatever. :(

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't believe how legitimately angry some people seemed to get at the Awakening feet thing

Of course you can. The same folks who are angry that NoA removed groping from their tactical RPG.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

noirstronaut posted:

thelegal age for fucks in japan is 13

So why do the girls in a lot of these gropefests look 9?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Is there any way for me to legitimately get a Monster Hunter code at this point?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

SeANMcBAY posted:

It would probably be better than Yooka Laylee so sure.

Oh, poop. Was that game bad?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I played the last 2 in succession and Pirate's Curse was better, overall, I think. The large upgrades earned by completing large areas all added new abilities, instead of having spells change your form for new abilities like all the other Shantae games.

If anyone's on the fence just play Pirate's Curse. It does take a bit to get going, though.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

KingSlime posted:

heck I'm loving SMTIV so much I might just jump right into Apocalypse

though even diehard SMT fans have warned me against doing this, as the recommended course of action seems to be "play something else between those two games"

also i hear it ditches some of the original game's gravitas for typical anime cheesy bullshit (loving ghost navarre, that poo poo is embarrassing) but as long as the core gameplay loop is the same and there are some new areas/visuals, I'll still dig it

Yeah, you'll definitely like it. You have similar feelings to me about SMT IV and I really liked Apocalypse. I did have a very long break between the two, though. (which caused me to be confused about how the two stories were connected)

Also, there is some optional free DLC that puts a few little data log entries with fairly huge spoilers for the game. So avoid downloading those, if you care about spoilers. I already knew what was given away, and it's telegraphed fairly early on, but I still think it'll bug some people, so consider yourself warned. :)

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

My son has been playing the Miitopia demo like crazy. Do things carry over into the full version? Will there be a physical release?

I hadn't even really heard of it until he showed me that my character liked eating "Goblin Ham" and then I was kind of interested.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

ImpAtom posted:

Demons have different personalities and while it isn't 100% picking the right answers for those personalities gives you a much better chance of success. There's some RNG to it but once you get a feel for what different personalities exist it's pretty easy to make them do what you want semi-reliably.

Thanks for pointing this out. Except for goofy things like the Mothman/Mothman/Mothman, there are a few different types of personalities in most of the games, and they respond better to a given kind of answer. Sometimes they just need their hand slapped when they get greedy, sometimes they want you to grovel, sometimes they need you to show some leadership or kindness, etc.

Mostly, though, you just say whatever and it usually works out eventually. It's more funny to see all the different negative responses when they take what you say or do the wrong way.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Strange Quark posted:

The day I found out that the "same" Pokémon your rivals have between battles actually change nature/IVs changed my life.

In what way?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I set up Homepass (it spoofs Nintendo Zones so you can streetpass over the internet) a couple of years ago and I tried again recently, and I'm getting maybe 8 passes max after cycling through all the MACs on the main page here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1su5u-vPrQwkTixR6YnOTWSi_Ls9lV-_XNJHaWIJspv4/edit#gid=0

Did I miss something in the meantime, and is there a better way to do it now? Or has it just died out?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

My daughter's original 2ds is running low on space. It uses a regular SD card, only, right? Could I use a microsd in an adapter? I think she has the original 1 or 2 gigabyte SD card in there now. Can anyone suggest an upgrade that would work? Even 8 gigs would be more than enough, I'm sure. I'm not looking to fill this up with a big library.

Thanks.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Thanks. I ended up picking up a 16 gig SanDisk one on Amazon for under $10. Hopefully that works.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I bought a copy of Mega Man Zero for the GBA at GameStop years ago. It said "Ninfendo" on the back of the cartridge. Otherwise it looked pretty legit and ran just fine.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

"Switch" would be a bad name for a portable only thing, though.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

It does not, anymore. I'm fairly sure that when Nintendo shut down the "Nintendo Zone" stuff (wifi routers at McDonald's restaurants or whatever that was), it screwed up the trick that allowed Homepass to work. It was cool while it lasted, though.

If I'm wrong, please correct me, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Sakurazuka posted:

If you try playing a fake DS game in a 3DS it'll often throw up an error and refuse to work. Otherwise nothing obvious, the shape of the cart is often slightly off and they miss details like the white serial numbers on the contacts. A far cry from the good old days of Nintondo brand GBA carts.

I had a mega man Zero game on GBA which said "Ninfendo" on the back. I got it from Gamestop in like 2005 or something (used of course). That was a bummer. It seemed to work okay though..