Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I've been hoarding all of my 3ds games waiting until the new one came out. Now that it has I have way too many games and no ideas where to start. I'm looking at either link between worlds, fantasy life, mh4u, or Majora's mask. It's a good problem to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Link Between Worlds is the best Zelda game since LTTP.

Soooooo.

e: I'm playing MM using the zeldadungeon.net walkthrough and am having fun when I never even got to the first temple on the N64. I think I'll end up liking this more than OOT (which I've never finished, though a 3DS copy is in the mail).

I think I will start with Link Between Worlds, I have heard that the 3d is great in it and didn't want to play on the old 3ds because of the never ending attempts to find the sweet spot. I did play a little monster hunter and wasn't a fan of the stiffness of the nub, is that just something you need to get used?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

lelandjs posted:

Well, the file I just tried didn't work. It's in a .mp4 container but has .aac audio, maybe the audio track is the problem?

I had to go into the plex settings and turn the local stream quality way down to get it to work. After that the image quality was so lovely it wasn't worth it, 3d but lovely

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I think I need help, I want to try out all of these great games on my new 3DS, but everything I pick it up its always "One more round of Rusty's Real Deal Baseball." drat you Rusty and your hosed up home life.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

C Stick is great. Been playing monster hunter for hours without issue.

I agree, tried it out in both monster hunter and metal gear, seems fine to me

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

katkillad2 posted:

When I was setting up my N3DS I was also getting the error when it was trying to setup 3D and I don't wear glasses. I just skipped it and the 3D tracking still works perfectly.

Same here, I was getting error during setup but have been playing since launch without a problem.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

For anybody that may be wondering, the R4i Gold is still working after the update.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Tatsuta Age posted:

How dumb am I for wanting this?

http://www.amazon.com/VERSION-Comfort-GRIP-Protection-your-nintendo/dp/B00UJ9LB6Y/

Alternatively, who else wants one of these?

Do these not have a slot that allows you to change games? I got one of the cheap grips from eBay and it didn't either and the first time I had to pop it off to change games something broke off it and now it won't snap back on. I want this one but it looks like it may be a huge pain in the rear end to change games as well.

Edit: never mind, just noticed its preorder so no one knows yet.

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 14, 2015

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

SteamWorld Dig 3DS

A08LMP1T183KP9K4

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Don't do this. Anyone can read this thread, even pubs. Post it in PGS.

I am a big fan of pubs so the lord be with them

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Is Kid Icarus playable without the stand that came with it? I played through the game with it once when it was released and then foolishly sold the game and stand to a friend of mine. I have been thinking about buying again to give it another play through lately. Honestly, I never even tried it without the stand when I did have it so not sure how it compares.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I've messed around with the homebrew channel stuff and don't see it as something I want to put time in or would use. I'm I correct, would backing up the one folder, I think it may be dcim or something, then formatting the card before adding that folder again get me back to before homebrew?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I bought Pokémon x cause I thought I would start playing it, that didn't happen. Now I am wanting to try again, should I go back and play X or get Sun? I have played just a few minutes of any Pokemon game up to now.

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 7, 2017

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

Play Sun/Moon, they're quite amazing and a good entry point to the series.

Sounds good, getting Sun now. Thanks

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Is the standard 2ds worth $79 to use as a second console? I have the new 3ds xl but want something that I can let my 5 year old play without worrying about it breaking. I would also throw it in my work bag from time to time to play on lunch. Not being able to download all of my digital purchases on would be a pain, but not having to worry about it breaking and being out $150+ is a good draw. Do people with big hands find it hard to play?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

I have big hands and I love the 2DS. I absolutely recommend it as a second console. That's pretty much what I did with mine. You can get a refurbished one directly from Nintendo's site for $60 and it's gonna feel like new. And they're study. I have a soft pouch for mine. I dropped it on the sidewalk last week and there was no damage at all.

Great , sounds like that's going to be the plan for my weekend. My daughter loves MARIO kart and I think they have one of the bundles collecting dust at my local Walmart, or it could be the new MARIO 2 one. If it's not the Mario kart one I'll look into the refurb. Thanks.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I picked up that Mario Kart 2ds tonight love it so far. I hate these questions, but does anybody use a screen protector on them? If so, any recommended? Last thing, would it be work putting customer firmware on it since I am not worried about it getting banned since it doesn't have my primary account on it?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

The work involved depends on if you've updated it or not. The stuff it ships (shipped?) with is trivial (I want to say 11.4), but if you let it update to 11.6 it's a headache and I know their most recent update actually straight broke the freeshop stuff so I don't know if it also affected the ability to crack it easily.

It was 11.4. It was a few steps and I had to use my old dsi but I got it up and running. I'm not too worried about the freeshop, more concerned with finding a way to back up the games I own physically so I don't have to carry them with me wherever we go. Plus, it's just going to be a Mario kart machine for the foreseeable future anyway. Thanks for the help thread

Edit: It may have been 11.6 I'm not sure now

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 6, 2018

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Is it almost impossible to use the nub for anyone else playing Luigi's Mansion on the n3ds? I thought mine was broken until I booted up Snake eater and it controlled fine.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Al Borland Corpse posted:

You're still in a dream

Maybe, I tried it again today and its not so bad.. I just cant use the motion control cause the going in and out of 3d it causes makes me nauseous. I got to say that Snake Eater is just as much fun as I remembered.. I dont think I ever finished it on the 3ds though.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I think this was answered a few pages back, but I can't find it. I'm thinking about starting Radiant Historia. Is it worth buying the 3ds version if I already have a copy of the DS that I never played?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

The 3DS version has some casual mode that makes the game more like a visual novel by turning off encounters. That may be appealing to you.

No, not really. It's got a new character and maybe some more chapter/content correct? Would that alone be worth it? If not I'm just going to start playing the DS. I've heard so much good stuff about this game and I promised I would play at least one game from my handheld backlog before I allowed myself to buy Diablo on switch.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

What small install size game let's you check the calibration of the nub on the n3ds. I put a psp cap on mine and like to check calibration from time to time but keeping Monster Hunter Ultimate 4 installed to do this is taking up a lot of space for something I don't play. Or is there somewhere in settings I can do this instead of going in a game?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

TheHoosier posted:

Anybody have a suggestion for a decent grip that doesnt look like rear end? Im playing through Return of Samus and my hands are cramping up

Is it the n3ds xl? If so the Dreamgear comfort grip feels good but don't get it if you plan on taking your sd card out. It's kind of a pain to take off and put on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UJ9LB6Y/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've stopped using mine since starting to dabble in modding. I have another that I'm not sure where I got it from. It's ok but the 3ds just kind of sits in and doesn't snap so it's loose and wobbles. I thought I got it from Amazon but cant find the order to link it.

Edit: I think the one I use now is this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018VAEXD0/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

My wife swears by this one, which doesn't look like rear end if you have the black-and-blue 2DS

That looks like that one I have. Just be aware that after about two weeks its going to lose the "snap" that holds it in and will be pretty loose. Still usable and comfortable as long as you dont mind the occasional wobble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I ordered a replacement battery for my n3ds xl from Nintendo and just received it. I’ve never noticed an issue with the battery that I currently have so I don’t plan on replacing it anytime soon. I wanted to be prepared for when the battery does eventually die like my gba micro did. What kind of playtime should I be getting and at what point should it be replaced?