Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Timby posted:

Breaking Bad Season 5's first half was put on Netflix on August 2, nine days before the August 11 premiere of Season 5 Part 2, which went on Netflix the following February. There was absolutely a wait.

You read his post wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

precision posted:

Oh man I have been really curious to see God's Not Dead but didn't ever want to pay money for even from Redbox so :allears:

A liberal Muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist
“Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

“How old is this rock?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

“Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears.

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

A MIRACLE posted:

Were they shot in widescreen?

IIRC widescreen exists for the show but it's "uncropped" so there are occasionally unintended things that weren't "in the shot" in the frame on widescreen. Unless I'm remembering that from something else.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Samfucius posted:

Is Hell House still up? If so, watch Hell House.

Watch Hell House.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Million Ghosts posted:

Stakeland is servicable but it's not all that special. It's more interesting in the budget vs set/costume quality than as an actual movie.

For being an unknown vampire/zombie movie on Netflix, it sure is something special, compared to the trash in the genre.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I started watching Veep on Amazon Prime and it's pretty good. Worth a watch.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I too miss the salad days of March 2014

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Shageletic posted:

So what's a good music documentary on any of the streaming services?

The Last Waltz

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

computer parts posted:

We're sorta halfway there!

lol if you think that's not a lovely fakeout

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

magnificent7 posted:

Holy poo poo Wet Hot American Summer: First Day Of Camp looks amazing.

Gonna watch it wif my lady tonight.

Bad news... It's out on the 31st

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Because of Wes Craven's death, I'd also like to remind everyone that A Nightmare on Elm Street, New Nightmare, and Scream are on Netflix, and are varying degrees of great.

gently caress.

I think The People Under the Stairs is on streaming. Watch that, too.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

All these things you are saying don't jive with "a bad show"...

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

pahuyuth posted:

Hemlock Grove will be in its 3rd season?! Is it any good?

It's terrible, but I plan to watch it.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Edgar Wright movies are like Tool in that the fans never loving shut up about how clever and complex they are regardless of the fact that it's okay and completely understandable for people to not like them.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

You're wrong IMO

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Kristy was good minus the bookend deep web nonsense

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Monster Squad is a necessary movie because it's a thorough exploration of whether or not Wolfman has nards

he does

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The fact that the star/producer of the film operates as "Taggart Productions", I have a feeling that the moral lesson of that film is sadly intended to be that he, who survives by manipulation and lying, is in the right.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 5, 2016

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

mysterious frankie posted:

If that's true then the writers did a bad job of conveying their intended message.

Agreed, but hey, same with Atlas Shrugged

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Much like your opinions on Edge of Tomorrow, while better than Minority Report, The Fifth Element is not as good as everyone says

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Parachute posted:

On a similar note, Rhys Darby was so good in last week's episode of X-Files ("Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster").

I seriously dislike him on @Midnight and podcasts or whatever where he's doing his Rhys Darby "character" but god drat did I love him on that episode of XFiles and WWDITS

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Oh my god the end of The OA was so loving bad.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I watched Train to Busan last night and yeah I guess what im saying is

TRAIN
TO
BUSAN

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

No, he's an abusive rear end in a top hat. Whore.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I really enjoyed most of the Chappelle Texas special but some of the material felt like.. yeah, dude has been a hermit since 2004, "tranny" jokes don't play that well anymore.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mr. F! posted:

If you watched the chapelle specials and thought he was making "tranny" jokes then u dum

The punchline of that entire story was "HER dick is out :c00lbert:"

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

In the world of a thousand trash tier zombie movies every year, a Korean action zombie movie is refreshing and beautiful and
TRAIN
TO
BUSAN

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

precision posted:

The Eyes of My Mother is extremely, extremely my poo poo. Just fantastic.

THE
EYES
OF
MY
MOTHER

Fuckin watch it

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Netflix browsing will always be useless until they add the most desired feature - "Never show me this again"

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Holy poo poo shut up

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

air- posted:

The Handmaiden (newest Park Chan Wook film) is now on Amazon Prime :allears:

Yee

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

veni veni veni posted:

Apparently every pile of poo poo on Netflix is a 97% match for me now if it vaguely resembles a genre I like. Great job Netflix

Thumbs Down

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

HBO Now is Go without a cable requirement

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Rad Valtar posted:

I started Bloodline and I'm only 3 episodes in and it's keeping me intrigued. I just want to know if the slow burn leads somewhere.

Season 1 is self contained, give or take a dumb subplot. It's phenomenal. Season 2 didn't keep my interest.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

If you've never seen Twin Peaks don't skip anything because even in episodes with lovely B plots there are cool/good things.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Holy poo poo you are insane

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I tried to watch this movie that is supposed to be some legendary horror and I was all excited for blood and guts but then some ugly broad got her period??? AND THEY SHOWED IT So I shut it off because she wouldn't plug it up.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

veni veni veni posted:

The thing that is funny to me, is that I don't think the show has any agenda, especially the scene he's freaking out about. But it's something that could have very easily taken place in a mens room and there is roughly zero chance he would have taken any issue with it if it did. So in a way, the agenda he fabricated in his mind actually sort of works as a feminist statement.

BUT THE SOUND OF THE PISS

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pycckuu posted:

I don't know man, I guess I like to watch good shows. What turned me off was the three punch combo of pissing-> women get oppressed-> lactation at the gym. I think its trite and unsophisticated and does nothing to challenge me as a viewer. It doesn't contribute to the characters or the plot, and is only there because alll womyns bodies are beatufil.

I can honestly admit that I enjoyed writing about the famous pissing scenes more than I enjoyed the first 15 minutes of GLOW. Will it get better, or will there be more subtext about how shaving your legs is oppression, and maybe someone will have their period at the gym? I don't really care to find out.

pycckuu get out im piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

business hammocks posted:

If I ever spend more time posting about a tv show than I have spent watching the tv show and the tv show isn't Twin Peaks please kill me.

DOUGIE GOTTA GO PEE