Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

fishtobaskets posted:

This seems like as good a time as any to recommend everyone watch Galaxy Quest again. By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged.

drat, just watched this for the first time in years yesterday too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Netflix new releases are so bad you can only find them on the drop down menu.

Although I marathoned Johnathon Strange and Mr Norrell with the missus and found it enjoyable.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 20, 2016

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

So yeah, Train to Busan was great, thanks thread.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

GLOW is really good. It took me at least two episodes to recognize Allison Brie. I guess training for the role changed her appearance quite a bit

She looks like she's been on a coke bender since Community ended.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

My great uncle was a B-24 pilot who bombed Germany on Hitler's birthday and that motherfucker loved Spam and cooked it in all sorts of ways. For him it was like eggs were for most people- a dirt cheap ingredient you know how to use in anything.

Powdered egg military family tradition or gtfo

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Del Amo Fashion Center is now the fifth largest mall in America, and it looks pretty boring by mall standards now

They just sunk a couple hundred million into renovating del amo, now it looks like a giant art museum.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 2, 2017

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Okay just asked a friend, apparently half the mall looks amazing, the other half is still in 1985. The demarcation line is Macy's. I guess I only saw the time machine half.

Yeah closer you get to Sears the further back in time you go, like most of America

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Watched it with my daughter, pretty good but that first song was kinda eh, didn't really flow.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Norsemen is great. Dry, almost Monty pythonish, comedy with set pieces that exceeds Vikings, and I couldn't help but think of Micheal Scott watching the chieftains brother

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’ve turned off 2 movies ever, Dungeons and Dragons the one with a Marlon brother and Hateful 8, and I usually love QT stuff

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Jay as a guest judge in the last episode was just painful, wonder if he was filming Weedfest near by and just wandered in after smelling baked goods.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Punisher was great, can’t stand the rest.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

Can we all just agree that Meteor Man is the greatest black superhero movie of all time?

Pfffff someone’s never seen Blankman

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Field Mousepad posted:

You beat me to it!

That's the only movie I have ever walked out of in my life.

It’s the only movie I own on Blu-ray

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Anyone who is doing the sane thing and watching Children of Men, go watch it a second time and notice little details like Theo lights up repeatedly but never finishes a cigarette.

I watched it baked and it straight up gave me a panic attack. Just an overwhelming sense of doom. Death is one thing but the idea of our race ending fuuucked me up.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Sweet Norsemen S2 is on Netflix.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

It was a toss up between Hold the Dark and Brick last night for movie night since the missus hadn’t seen either, glad she picked Brick, love that movie.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Medullah posted:

Just got an email that Hulu added all episodes of Married With Children. Ahhh Kelly Bundy, the love of my childhood.

You spelt Peggy wrong

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I can’t stand that wailing chick music over every cut scene in the first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Happy! Is great, Christopher Meloni really has a gift for physical comedy. He surprised me in Wet Hot since I was so used to him in his roles on Oz and SVU.