Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Search for Weng Weng on Night Flight Plus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
They have a weird variety of stuff. I signed up for it when they first started, they charged me once, and I've never been charged again so :psyduck:

http://fullmoonstreaming.com/index

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

veni veni veni posted:

So, I watched Jurassic Park again for the first time in a decade or so, after the discussion earlier and I really do agree it's a nearly perfect movie. It really kind of made me think about why I can't stand drat near every modern blockbuster. The whole thing has zero fat on it. Every scene pushes the story forward and usually builds up to something epic. Jurassic world was so boring and aimless by comparison.

I also watched The Lost World and it's not the best movie but I still think it blows JW out of the water. Imho it's pretty good up until the end which was fun, but really poorly executed. It's not great compared to the original though which is drat near flawless.

I just watched Fallen Kingdom yesterday and it was awful, but the next film in the series could be amazing with that setup. It will still probably be dog poo poo, but the small chance is there...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Franchescanado posted:

I watched Diabolique ('55) on FilmStruck and loved it. 50's French Hitchcockian murder mystery thriller with some horror elements. It's also available on Amazon Prime, but I don't know if the quality is as good. I did a longer write-up in the horror thread.

One of my all-time favorite movies. The remake is really boring somehow.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

magnificent7 posted:

This is awesome, and just cold blooded. Like Sasha Baron Cohen does magic with kids.

He is pretty amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9CLm3SIMDM

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Junkie Disease posted:

Manhattan Baby -italian garbage
That said it's fun

The Seventh Curse - director of Riki oh teams with like twenty years old Chow young fat it's pure gold
Both on prime

The Seventh Curse is a Wisely movie which inspired a friend of mine to say, "Yeah..they're right. The movie isn't over until a witch explodes."

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Jose Oquendo posted:

You can spoil tag this, but is Ding Chavez in that show?

Not that I've seen, and neither is Clark. There is an operative named Matice that fills that role

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I had no interest in The Good Place until I was spoiled on what the twist was. Then I had to watch it and I love it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Fart City posted:

Like I agree that Blue Ruin is absolutely legit. I appreciate any movie that is willing to escalate to crossbow use, the more grounded the setting, the bettter.

The Legacy with Sam Elliot, has primo crossbowing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
And it has a ninja paint brigade.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Franchescanado posted:

It's Kubrick's best movie.

Paths of Glory would like to have a chat with you.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

The 78 version is one of the best horror movies ever made. It's amazing.

It really is. The 1956 version is fantastic, but Donald Sutherland just kills it in the '78 remake. His final scene is iconic.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Frog Act posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations along the lines of Dog Soldiers, Outpost, or Deathwatch? I tried googling but I can't think of an actual common name for this subgenre. I guess it started with Aliens, the first sort of "squad of badasses runs into something supernatural" and then got famous with Predator, but I'm really curious to see more like low-key late 90s early 2000s movies with this same framing.

Overlord when it leaves the theaters. Also, nth-ing Spectral.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Frog Act posted:

Thanks dudes! I bolded everything I had already seen, but this is a dope list to get through. I watched the non-director's cut version of THX and I'm glad I did - the CGI I saw in the beginning of the director's cut was really immersion breaking and I think the film would suffer from its really impressive visuals and practical effects being cut out for it. I couldn't believe it was George Lucas though, man, I associate him with Star Wars, not transgressive dystopian sci-fi that was really extremely boundary-breaking for 1971. Also a great performance from Robert Duvall.

Tonight I'm gonna take some dabs and probably watch Hardware because I've been told about that a bunch before I saw it here, then maybe those Godzilla movies, because I love the originals and the newer Japanese ones like a lot.

I'd like to add Split Second and I Come in Peace because of their essential weirdness.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think I said it somewhere earlier in the thread, but there's no other movie like Last Dragon. It's amazing in every way.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Netflix has Psychokinesis, the newest movie from Yeon Sang-ho (Train to Busan)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The MSJ posted:

The Accountant is on Netflix. Watch it if you want to see Ben Affleck plays an autistic John Wick.

I still believe that the Accountant is in the same universe, and does the Continental Hotel's taxes.

EDIT: also my cousin is a psychiatrist/family therapist that exclusively works with the autistic, and murdery skills aside, he said Affleck's performance was spot on to a lot of the high-functionals he's worked with.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 26, 2019

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
gammaray_tv on Twitch is streaming a ludicrously large selection of the Shaw Brothers kung fu films. The transfers are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

SirSamVimes posted:

It's my favourite zombie movie ever.

And The Kingdom is the best zombie TV series ever.