Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Everyone complains about that sound effect but I hardly noticed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Chichevache posted:

The third V/H/S horror anthology is up. The first two were a ton of fun, both had more hits than misses in my opinion, and the "misses" were still fun little shorts that I did enjoy. I haven't watched the third yet though, so if you get a chance let me know how it is. I think it is listed as V/H/S Viral.

I haven't seen it either but the consensus around here is that it's awful

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I hate it

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

You're certainly allowed to not like Bava films but I'm going to be completely dismissive of your opinion if you do.

Bava owns

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Taken was also edited down to a PG in its theatrical US release.

I can't imagine this being true. I don't think the version I saw was DC and Liam Neeson leaves a trail of bodies wherever he goes.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

My favorite part of the Guest was the mayhem at the end.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I haven't seen Tromeo and Juilet in a long time. I'm due for a rewatch

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Phetz posted:

Yeah, a while back, and I really enjoyed it. I need to re-watch it but I think the big difference between it and Entertainment for me was that while The Comedy left me feeling a little hope for Heidecker's character, Entertainment left me thinking that things were just going to continue on the same lonely, misanthropic trajectory for Turkington's character.

I'm curious how you came to that conclusion regarding the Comedy. I don't recall any indication that Heideckers character is going to change. That's the point

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

There are some hella good shots in Stranger Things. So far, it's my favorite Netflix Original. Might reconsider canceling my account if they keep putting out stuff this good.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

What did Max Landis do that made him The Worst Person Ever in the eyes of the internet? I feel like I missed a memo because he seems like he's mostly harmless

He's super obnoxious and his only work of note is Chronicle. American Ultra sucked.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

precision posted:

Glen or Glenda

Glen or Glenda owns.

Most of Ed Woods work has improved over time

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I don’t think the Cohens have made a bad film.

I have never seen The Ladykillers

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

at no point did that poster say read the manga, and the anime gets rid of nearly all the creepy child nudity

Nearly all? Dodged a bullet there, we did!

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I dropped Hulu when they got rid of the Criterion movies

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Soderbergh is one of the more interesting filmmakers working right now. Glad he came back

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

Any body else check out The Florida Project? My boyfriend is from Orlando and he was like ‘drat, they really captured the whole Florida aesthetic’ but I thought it was a slog of lovely white trash people and kids being obnoxious little shits.

Yeah that’s kinda the point

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Unzip and Attack posted:

106 beers LMAO

What a lightweight

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

what in the blue gently caress

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

precision posted:

Hey you. Yeah, you. Why aren't you watching Last Flag Flying on Amazon right the gently caress now?

It seems like pandering mawkish tripe? I have not seen the movie however.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Ozark is a shameful BB ripoff with lame characters. Avoid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I love Refn