Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~
Outrage and Beyond Outrage are awesome. They are Beat Takeshi's first yakuza films in (I believe) over a decade and they are fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

That Works posted:

They were great and I definitely think you should watch them back to back if possible.

My only problem with them at all was the sort of VP crime boss who went against the head guy didn't really seem to have any motivation at all for betraying the family. That just kinda seemed not to fit and he was just being the bad guy for the movie to have a bad guy. Did I miss something?

I think the head guy was constantly blaming him, smacking him upside the head in public, essentially belittling him and then he saw an opportunity to become the head of the family and took it

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

That Works posted:

Man from Nowhere owned. Watch New World if you liked that and hard boiled. So loving good I must recommend it here every other post

Love these kinds of movies. I would recommend Outrage and Beyond Outrage for a Japanese flavor. Also, Takeshi Kitano is still a badass as an old man.

I was thinking of giving The Killer a go, can anyone say if it is like Hard Boiled?

dongsweep fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 22, 2016