Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Act Of Killing is the type of documentary that almost blurs the line between fiction and reality because of how loving ridiculous all the events portrayed in it are, but nope, they're all real, and that's pretty horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I just received an email notifying me that Robocop 2014 was just added. What's the general consensus on it? The pg-13 rating is off-putting considering the content of the originals.
It's like the original with all the soul taken out of it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

K. Waste posted:

It was one of the best action movies of last year
Looks like someone didn't see John Wick, The Raid 2, Lucy or Edge Of Tomorrow :haw:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

K. Waste posted:

The cold open, the cafe gun fight, the assault on the warehouse, and the final tower raid are all competently-to-well shot scenes. The only scene that doesn't work in this regard is literally the one that looks like a video game and is constantly being interrupted by Gary Oldman commenting on why everything looks so mechanical and unexciting.
I remember like 2 of those and neither of them were exciting at all.

K. Waste posted:

This is all mute, however, because none of these films mentioned are as good as Fury, but there were plenty of great action films last year, and a lot of them were better than Edge of Tomorrow: The Raid 2, Lucy, Gunday, Age of Extinction, 22 Jump Street, Days of Future Past, Sabotage...
Oh come on, you really disliked Edge of Tomorrow that much that you thought a loving Transformers movie was better? What did you think was so wrong with EoT?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pander posted:

I'm that weird guy who's never seen the original Robocop beyond some clips here or there.

Would I be best served watching hte new before the old, or vice versa, or only the old?
Watch the original, then watch Robocop 2, then don't watch the new one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

axleblaze posted:

This but don't watch Robocop 2 either.
Robocop 2 isn't as much of a classic as the first one, but it's still a hell of a lot more entertaining than the new one is. It has the same kind of dark humor/satire as the first one (except cranked up to an even higher level) and some pretty memorable villains.

But whatever you do, don't watch Robocop 3. It's a soulless slog that's a waste of your time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A MIRACLE posted:

It looks like the new Aziz special hits tonight
Wait I thought that was coming tomorrow. You mean at midnight?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I thought the new Aziz was kind of disappointing. It felt like he was playing things safe for the most part, and his timing was all over the place. Not terrible by any means, but I thought it was easily the weakest of his sets that are on Netflix.
Yeah, I watched it earlier and I felt the same way :smith:

I saw him live last year and some of the material in this special was reused from that tour when I saw him. Hell, it may have even been shot on that same tour. I don't know. At first I thought "Maybe his stuff just isn't as funny the second time around?", but that can't be because I've rewatched his other specials on Netflix a few times over the years and they're hilarious, even after a few rewatches. I guess the material in this one just isn't nearly as strong as those others.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

I'd say the middle-end of season 1 and most of season 2.

The end of season 2 and the beginning of season 3 (which just started) are very much kicking. :suspense:
Yo, post in the thread I made so it's not just me and like 2 other people talking about that show which is very dope haha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sarchasm posted:

I'll second this. Just watched the first couple episodes and the fight choreography outclasses a lot of the stuff in big-budget blockbusters.

The series looks really good too. Great colors and lighting.
For real. I'm only on episode 3 now, but this is far and away some of the best hand to hand combat I've seen in any form of media outside of The Raid movies in a long time. It feels so real.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

NESguerilla posted:

Does he ever get a cool daredevil costume? Didn't see one in the trailer.
From what I've heard, he does get one later in the season, but for a while he just has a homemade suit like Peter Parker's homemade suit before he makes his Spider-Man costume.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That Works posted:

Hot Fuzz just came up on Netflix.
If you've never seen this, or even if you have, watch it. It's for THE GREATER GOOD.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pi shits all over The Fountain :cmon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well Black Swan is way better than The Fountain but I feel like even Black Swan wouldn't be what it was if Pi/Requiem hadn't come before it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

NESguerilla posted:

Also watched a bit of the Chris D'Elia special. I've never heard of him, but the guy is unfunny as poo poo. Terrible.
It sucks because he's been really funny in other stuff, including his stand-up special that airs on Comedy Central from time to time, but the new stand-up special is so unfunny that it quite literally put me to sleep like 3/4 of the way through it. It was loving garbage and that blows because I'd been looking forward to it since he announced it a while ago.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

morestuff posted:

Noah is significantly weirder than I was expecting.
Well it is a Darren Aronofsky movie after all! :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What does the redesign look like? I just opened mine up and it looks the same as it did like 2 weeks ago when I watched Sense8.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh. Well I guess I don't have it then because mine looks exactly like that except with a white background and no 3-item display at the top.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

Everyone watch The Marriage Chronicles.

It is basically "Tyler Perry Presents: The Room". And the ending is particularly loving insane.

Like, I'm really surprised this movie doesn't have a Sharknado level cult following, because it is 1000x more hilarious.
So it's probably a movie that'll get covered on How Did This Get Made eventually?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Lord of War just got added to Netflix. If you want to see a great, underrated little movie featuring Nicholas Cage as an international arms dealer, check it out. Just a bitingly cynical protest movie of the kind you don't see very often anymore. Passionate to the point of occasional clumsiness, but at least it's passionate.
The opening of this movie remains one of the coolest openings of any movie I have ever seen.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lord Of War came out theatrically while I was still evacuated for Hurricane Katrina, so it wasn't on my radar at all until a couple months later when I got back in town and rented it from the only Blockbuster in the area that was open. It owned. I remember leaving the DVD menu on for a while after I watched it the first time because I was mystified by how cool it looked.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Foodfight is very bad, and not the enjoyable kind of bad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:swoon:

Black Mirror is sooooooooo good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Plus the first episode is actually a documentary.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hot Fuzz is easily one of the best comedies of the past decade and it's held up marvelously on every rewatch I've given it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Spite posted:

The first time I saw Hot Fuzz I was high as balls and I spent the last half hour wondering if I was hallucinating another movie.
The first time I saw Hot Fuzz, I saw a cam version at a party at my cousin's house and there were no subtitles so I couldn't understand the majority of the dialogue.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

It's complete trash, but it's pretty fun trash compared to the joyless slog that was 2. It's pretty much entirely comedy and even the gore is more laughably absurd than cringe inducing. It's a decent note for this terrible series to end on all things considered. Honestly, it's worth a watch if you like bad movies just for how earnestly and unabashedly awful it is.
Really? Because I found it to be a joyless slog in comparison to 2.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

NESguerilla posted:

I'm half way through Master of None and it is pretty drat good. I didn't know what to expect because Aziz Ansari has been sort of hit or miss lately, but it's really solid. Reminds me of a young guys Louie.
I only saw the first season of Louie, but I'm on episode 4 of Master of None right now and I'm enjoying it way more than I enjoyed what I saw of Louie. Everyone on this show is in top form. Jon Benjamin, Eric Wareheim, Aziz's parents and Aziz himself are all fantastic.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm planning on checking it out at some point this weekend.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Loki_XLII posted:

dang, this jessica jones lady sure has some real jessi cajones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

Oh my God. Human Centipede 3 is basically "Tommy Wiseau presents: Human Centipede 3". It may be the most pointlessly, stupidly vile film I have ever seen. If you thought 2 was bad, holy poo poo you ain't seen nothing yet.

But I mean, you should watch it because it's absolutely bonkers how terrible it is. Remember how good Dieter Lazer was in the first one? In the third one, he is as absolutely terrible as he was good in the first one. It is just baffling how this got made.
I actually really enjoyed the first and second ones, but yeah, 3 was godawful on every level and I say that as a huge fan of so-bad-it's-good movies.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Erebus posted:

It sucks that Netflix doesn't have as strong a movie selection as they used to but at least they're putting that money toward great original prograah gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9y61eSRPM8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I didn't start watching Breaking Bad as it aired until towards the end of Season 3. I'd been hearing for a while how great a show it was, but I never actually saw it until like halfway through Season 3's run. So I started from the beginning and got all caught up on the show, watched the end of Season 3 as it aired, and then watched every remaining season as they aired too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hannibal Buress' new special Comedy Camisado is pretty great, and it's only an hour long so it's a quick/fun watch.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Allyn posted:

I haven't but this guy did and, uh, what the gently caress? https://vine.co/v/i6TXtQDxd1a
So Fuller House ripped off that scene from Breaking Bad where they dissolve the corpse of the little kid Todd killed in a barrel of hydrofluoric acid?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bored As gently caress posted:

Reminder that season 2 of Daredevil is out now on Netflix.

First two episodes rule.
Much like the first season, it starts out strong and gets even better the further along it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hannibal Buress has a new documentary up on Netflix now called Hannibal Takes Edinburgh about Hannibal performing stand-up in Scotland.