Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jaws is back on Netflix and it makes me want Spielberg to do one last creature horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Weird to see that The Interview is leaving Netflix. I figured it wouldn't leave since it's a semi-Netflix original. Guess I'll have to finally watch that this weekend.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I did find that scene where the teacher is watching The Thing and then gushing over the practical effects to be overindulgent. But overall, it was a pretty good show.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Just watched Amanda Knox. Italian law enforcement is terrible.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think the Criterion stuff leaves Hulu sometime in November.

I've been considering on getting a Chromecast for Filmstruck, but I kinda hate the idea of my remote being my phone or tablet.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

coyo7e posted:

Where did you stream it? :allears:

If you're insinuating he illegally streamed it, it came out in theatres yesterday.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

coyo7e posted:

I'm insinuating that he's in the wrong thread, partially because that movie can't be seen streaming yet, and partly because he wants the documentaries thread, and specifically, movies about Audie Murphy :laugh:

http://www.biography.com/people/audie-murphy-9418662/videos/audie-murphy-full-episode-2072032661

Oh. Right. Sometimes I forget what threads I'm posting at.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Good Guys was taken from us too soon.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

I watched this for the first time a few weeks ago. It was awful. Goddamn do I hate the coen brothers

I bet you like your steaks well done too.

Human Tornada posted:

Can anybody recommend some recent-ish inspirational movies that leave the viewer feeling good, for example The Martian and Creed. Streaming or not is ok. This week sucks.

Hot Rod. Speed Racer. Don't think they're streaming though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What time do you think you'll be watching Wet Hot American Summer 10 Years Later?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The best Bond movie is Metal Gear Solid 3.

Turning Bond from a sociopath to an autistic man was a stroke of genius.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It felt like the old Top Gear but with 100x the budget. The opening sequence is rumored to have cost over 2 million bucks.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

OA doesn't look like it had any short blue men or space cops. Pass.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Zwabu posted:

A Clockwork Orange is on Amazon Prime and The Shining is on Netflix, for Kubrick fans.

And for anyone who hasn't seen this, particularly A Clockwork Orange, get on that!

I remember A Clockwork Orange was one of the first movies on Netflix Streaming when they started doing that as a little extra perk for their main DVD service. I've seen it leave and come back a few times. Come on Netflix, when you gonna make an honest woman of A Clockwork Orange?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If one thing is going to thrive during the Trump years, it'll be standup.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sarchasm posted:

People said that about George W Bush as well. I don't remember any bits that made his presidency particularly worth it.

I remember David Cross being pretty good in those years. He didn't have much to go on during the Obama Administration. Though I'll admit, I don't really follow standup comedy.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I should rewatch A History of Violence. I remember seeing it when it came out and hated it because it was nothing like the graphic novel, but I was young and dumb back then.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Watching some now. It's weird how they get people to recreate the events when they can. "Hey, do you want to recreate the worst moment in your life for television?"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sammus posted:

I just watched Death Race 2050 on Netflix. It was absolutely abysmal, and I would recommend it to anyone.

I'm curious to see it. Is it earnest or ironically funny?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Robert Stack has the most perfect voice.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been watching Unsolved Mysteries. I like the Robert Stack episodes a lot better than the Dennis Farina episodes. It adds to the unrealness knowing that a lot of them were filmed years before I was born, that the middle aged people then are elderly or deas now.

The Farina episodes are a tad overproduced and lose some charm seeing Google maps displayed in each episode. I warmed up to him after I found out he was Wildcat in Justice League Unlimited.

I was thinking about who I'd have host a modern revival of Unsolved Mysteries and I got the perfect host: Kieth David.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just realized that December came and went without a second season of F Is For Family. :argh:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone else watch The Path? I feel like I'm the only person watching it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I need to finish 30 Rock. The recurring joke about Kenneth is super subtle.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Redline, Golgo 13, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes are god tier.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The show peaked with Al Capone Day.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Casting Jeanbenet is different. I'm fifteen minutes in, but it's not the usual documentary style. It's not a documentary about the Jeanbenet Ramsay murder, but it's about the collective memory about the murder. The conciet is that they're filming a movie-version of the murder, but the meat of the documentary is interviewing who are auditioning to play the actors in the "movie." The actors aren't expert witnesses, but most seem to be people who live around the town and some even tangenienly knew the Ramsays.

I was super young when the murder happened, so I was looking forward to learning something about this unsolved mystery that's been in tabloids for a majority of my life. I'm not sure this is going to answer those questions though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Casting Jonbenet, on Netflix. I didn't realize I was misspelling her name wrong the whole time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

After finishing Casting Jonbenet, my thoughts are ban beauty pageants.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's that Timothy McVeigh documentary and one about Ruby Ridge on Netflix. I wonder what's prompting PBS to post their documentaries about white supremecists?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah. The section about Waco was better than the documentary entirely about Waco I saw a few months ago.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I guess I should stop putting off The Wire.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

You should wake up tommorow morning, cancel your entire day, lay on the couch and binge it all day.

Been taking this advice. It's good advice.

I'm gonna be spotting Wire actors in everything now, aren't I?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm in the middle of season 2 of The Wire. I wanna punch Zig in the face. Omar owning in court ruled.

Last episode I watched:RIP D'Angelo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How does Showtime on Hulu work? I just saw a commercial saying that the new Twin Peaks is gonna be on Showtime on Hulu. Does that mean I'll be able to watch it without a Showtime subscription?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh. Hm. To watch it week by week or two just wait for the blurays to come out...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

just doing a temporary sub seems like a better deal since you can catch up on any other content you want to check out in the meantime, and in the end it will probably be the same price as a blu ray or less.

Perhaps, but I'm factoring in if the bluray set comes with a UV code and I can resell the discs sometime down the road.

I'm considering the same tactic for the new Star Trek show whenever that comes out.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Got ham is the best of the abc/nbc/fox superhero shows.

It really is. And there's not a single *wink nudge* the entire time. It's the modern version of the classic Batman tv show.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm on season 3 of The Wire. How come no one told me this show was so funny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hubbardologist posted:

The Place Beyond The Pines is up on Netflix US. Need to rewatch it, but I really enjoyed it in theaters. Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, Ben Mendelsohn, Mahershala Ali, and Ray Liotta, to varying degrees. Gosling plays a tatted-up motorcycle stuntman who works state fairs, finds out he has a son with an ex-girlfriend, decides to start robbing banks to provide for them. Things go as you might expect. Really powerfully told story of risk and consequence, inversions of luck, and morality.

I like movies where Ryan Gosling plays a stuntman. I might check this out.