Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.
Saw this on my local news feed and it struck me as pretty metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

hooah posted:

The best part is there's no way that round was in his heart; it's not been fired.

:spergin:

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Invisble Manuel posted:

This one?

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/GsV2gSf.jpg[/timg

Truly only something goons could comprehend, let alone appreciate.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

I think my dad sent me that joke via email forward fifteen years ago

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That only really happened at Buchenwald. The camp commandant's wife, Ilse Koch, was really into tattoos, so whenever a Jewish inmate with interesting ink was selected, she'd have them flense those bits off the corpse prior to cremation and then tan them into human leather in various forms.

I had heard about this rumour but the article you linked seems to suggest it was very likely regular goatskin lampshades and the human skin leather was a sensationalist newspaper article:

quote:

Jean Edward Smith in his biography, Lucius D. Clay, an American Life, reported the general maintained that the leather lamp shades were really made out of goat skin. The book quotes a statement made by General Clay years later:

There was absolutely no evidence in the trial transcript, other than she was a rather loathsome creature, that would support the death sentence. I suppose I received more abuse for that than for anything else I did in Germany. Some reporter had called her the "Bitch of Buchenwald", had written that she had lamp shades made of human skin in her house. And that was introduced in court, where it was absolutely proven that the lamp shades were made out of goat skin.
According to the Buchenwald Report, there was a factory at Buchenwald that produced leather goods out of animal skins, but it had caught fire during an Allied bombing raid on the camp on 24 August 1944.[citation needed]

It's a big ambiguous because the last line isn't cited but still.

Edit - and this as well:

quote:

Under the pressure of public opinion Koch was re-arrested in 1949 and tried before a West German court. The hearing opened on 27 November 1950 before the Assize Court at Augsburg and lasted seven weeks, during which 250 witnesses were heard, including 50 for the defense. Koch collapsed and had to be carried from the court in late December 1950,[13] and again on 11 January 1951.[14] At least four separate witnesses for the prosecution testified that they had seen Koch choose tattooed prisoners, who were then killed, or had seen or been involved in the process of making human-skin lampshades from tattooed skin.[13] However, this charge was dropped by the prosecution when they could not prove lampshades or any other items were actually made from human skin.[15]

I Am Crake has a new favorite as of 23:05 on Sep 24, 2015

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Women :wth:

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

This isn't funny or a picture.

:ironicat:

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Apply the rhyming scheme to Chuck.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Black Dynamite wasn't a purposefully bad movie, it was a comedy and a parody of 70's blaxploitation films. Parody movies can be good, and Black Dynamite was well made, if a little cheesy (like a lot of comedies).

Kung Fury was inoffensive in that it was released for free on YouTube and was short. It did try to shoehorn in a little too many things that are Approved Funny By The Internet, but it seemed the producers put some effort into making it all look good, so that made up for it. It was decent 6/10 entertainment, but would've really sucked to watch for 90 minutes.

I think if you make an intentionally bad movie you'll succeed in just doing that; you'll make a bad movie. Making something good doesn't have to mean it's perfect. As long as no aspect of it explicitly sucks you can save your movie by making at least one aspect of it great, whether that is the acting, witty dialogue, solid jokes or an interesting plot. And if you do put in honest effort to make something good and wind up making something that really sucks, that's the thing that makes it funny to watch. Intentionally making a bad movie in hopes of making something funny is a hopeless endeavor.

I've written too many :words: about bad movies. Here's a funny picture of Alan Rickman, who we'll miss :(, without a penis, holding a Ken Doll his non-penis was modeled after.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

whiteyfats posted:

Alan Rickman died? :(

I'm so sorry :(

E: That you found out because of my post, which already wasn't stellar, in the funny pictures thread. Not because I killed him or anything, I didn't.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

It guessed Ned Stark while I was aiming for Brandon Stark. Close enough considering Brandon was never alive during the events in the books and is only mentioned a couple of times.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Someone make a recursive :thejoke:

....................:thejoke:
:goonsay:

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Hahahaha holy poo poo, that's real.
https://twitter.com/realspeedweed
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2373535/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

which science will you become?

Both people in that picture are high af

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Birb Katter posted:

Bernie Bitches

Highly problematic.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Just Offscreen posted:

Are you being sarcastic? Because that seems exactly the right way to put that, considering the context of the meeting.

Yes, it's the right way to put it and it's amazing they put it this way, because most likely any other publication would've just focused on the bigger name.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

wayfinder posted:

You live, you die, you live again, you die again, you live again, you die again, you live again, you die again, you live again, you die again, you live again, you die again, you live again, you die again, you live again, you die again, you live again, you die again.

...you live again.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

DandyLion posted:

Get out of here with your 'cat with 10 lives crap', nobody believes that poo poo.

The tenth life is Valhalla.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

Wow, mocking a guy they think looks like a serial killer, and using the profits to fund murder. Liberals are nuts.

Never change, Bill. You're a treasure.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

The adventures of Galileo the Ogórki

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

"Hi honey!" *wipes spiders from mouth before kissing husband*

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

I don't get how tech companies still haven't released a phone that has a camera with a vertical resolution that's the same as the horizontal resolution so it will always record video landscape mode, no matter how you hold the phone.

I mean, even if there's a good reason why they haven't, you'd expect one of the clown brands like Huawei or Samsung to have released one by accident.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

When a bikie runs somebody over on purpose, have they committed a murdie?

Now you're getting it, ya fat oval office.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

I'm trying to read her lips but all I'm getting is "fat! fat! fat boys! boys! fat boys!"

"Let the bodies hit the floor"

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Hahahahaha

Sovcit: "Call the police!"
Police: "We ARE the police"
Sovcit: "Call a lawyer!"
Wife: "Which one??"

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

The boomers are starting to die, there is going to be a lot of death from now on.

I'm so torn between the fear of losing my dad and the excitement to see the rest of his generation go.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

CaptainBeefart posted:

I walked out on it with ~30 minutes to go. Haven't done that since The Other Guys was in theatre. loving garbage.

Which would seem to indicate that the Assassin's Creed movie is actually really, really good because The Other Guys was hilarious.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Phimosissy posted:

I promise you it is not.

Oh there's no doubt in my mind that it's a bad movie, I just thought it was weird to use The Other Guys (which I thought was an excellent comedy) as an example of a horrible movie.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've certainly seen worse Sandler movies.

To be honest this says about as much as "well, it's not as bad as this other genocide".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

That's hardly offensive in a world where people name their children literally any insane poo poo their stupid brains can think of.

Didn't someone name their kid fus ro dah or something equally ridiculous after skyrim came out?

Edit - Yup, Dovahkiin.

I Am Crake has a new favorite as of 14:43 on Jan 15, 2017

• Locked thread