Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Follow the yellow dick road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

First date dice?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I'd like to think that those birds just told the giraffe a really funny joke and he squirted his drink out his nose while laughing

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

medchem posted:

All that money and he still wears a garbage bag.

Blow up someone else, Sid.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

AIRFORCEONE is a rad name

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah, well, Japanese policemen wear white gloves and that is weird :colbert:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The Coast Guard says:
BUOYANCY: Most adults only need an extra seven to twelve pounds of buoyancy to keep their heads above water. A PFD can give that "extra lift," and it's made to keep you floating until help comes. But a PFD is a personal flotation device and it's important to get the right one for you.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg5/cg5214/pfdselection.asp

So, probably not sufficient for a USS Indianapolis event, but probably enough to keep you from being dead for an hour or two.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Flipperwaldt posted:

Translation from Dutch mine.

How do you know that's where it came from?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Just like the real WNBA, no dunks

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Don't shake Spiderman's hand today.
Just trust me on this one.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/doctors-remove-stolen-180k-diamond-6436139

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Honj Steak posted:

Wow, this is a rare occasion where there is virtually no word in German for a normal, frequently occuring thing that exists. Even weirder because it has an expression in so many languages. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshower

Yeah my wife went her entire life up until a few years ago not knowing that not everyone called that event "a monkey's wedding". Or, in fact, that almost nobody in the US has ever heard that term before.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Zero One posted:

I don't know about Disney, but at Cedar Point the celebs paid the same price for the tours as anyone else. I think it was about $250/person.

At Disneyland, you pay regular ticket prices, and then pay $300-350/hr on top of that for the VIP tour. It is not cheap.

I have a family member that was approached inside Disneyland by someone in a suit who told them they won a special prize. The special prize was a day's VIP tour. The story goes that Barry Bonds had paid for it, but flew to Orlando instead of Anaheim and the tour was already scheduled. He said it was rad.

People have been abusing the handicap access system in Disneyland for so long, that genuinely handicapped persons ended up waiting as long or even longer than the "normal" line in order to get on an attraction. Genuinely disabled Disneyland enthusiasts nearly unanimously prefer the new system, but people hauling around fat meemaw in a scooter or teenagers pooling money to rent a wheelchair are now pretty bummed out about it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

That is nazi most efficient bicycle design

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Dodecalypse posted:

C'mon..... Kevin is not a people name.

???

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

casual poster posted:

What if one of your friends named their pet after you? How would that make you feel?

I'd be conflicted. On one hand, I'm flattered. On the other hand, Rover is a weird name for a cat.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

I bet you could trick your cat into climbing in.

Once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VfSl0iGAus
e:f;b

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Ak Gara posted:

Do petshops really list the pets lifespan on their card? That's kinda harsh.

Hey Timmy, this is when this one dies!

Probably nice to know you're not buying a tortoise who is going to live 150 years

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

"This trivia game sucks. How was I supposed to know that The Godfather was a mafia movie? I haven't seen every movie ever, nerds!"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

RCarr posted:

Do you guys seriously think the average person knows which side an X wing fights for or what color its lasers are?

No, but I think that almost anyone could figure out "which direction is this ship facing?" because they look like contemporary aircraft.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ikanreed posted:

I'm gonna make a contentious claim here: Hitler did several things wrong.
And other: playing an npc in an MMO would be working as gently caress.

They already have one like that. It's called EVE Online

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

Pretty sure you can do this in skyrim, but it's even more boring as a single player.

In the release build before the smithing balance patch, the most cost effective way to level up your smithing was to make a hojillion iron daggers. Then you could move on straight to dragon armor

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

BjornOfBorg posted:

So what about Ship of Theseus?

The owner of a boat started calling the parts of it different words ("deck" instead of "floor", "stern" instead of "rear", etc.)
Eventually every part of the boat (now called "ship") had been renamed, and you're left with the Ship of Thesaurus.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Which one is landerig?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

"I'm a rocket man
Rocket man
Burning out his fuse out here alone"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

Is that a Van Goatse?

I used to live there, and am acquainted with the lady who owns the place. I haven't asked if she's the ho who makes the pies :(

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

m2pt5 posted:

I suspect the spelling is intentional, given the hyphen and the rest of the sign that's cut off in that picture.

That's the ho that made the pies.

The lower part of the sign wasn't there 10 years ago

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah well duh, it's man's best friend not "girlfriend's best friend"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

"You have my sword"
"And my axe!"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

PrincessPANTS posted:

Meh, keep your tampons in it.

What does parting the Red Sea have to do with tampons?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

More dongs. Just what the internet needed

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Chitin posted:

He had a what now?

A nose flute, keep up

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Phanatic posted:

It's a really impressive shot. He's got the exact shutter speed to freeze the bits of the runners that are moving relatively slowly, but their rapidly-moving extremities are motion-blurred, and he's got a really narrow DOF. That's exactly the kind of shot that's *why* they use really expensive cameras and lenses to shoot really important races.

I think that literally any one of those camera setups is worth more than my car

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

You kill a few astronauts and it's nothing but red tape and work work work. :v:

Hah. I once heard an astronaut talk about life at NASA during the Challenger disaster. He was arguing with someone in management about how they should go forward after the accident, saying that they should prioritize actual safety stuff more than they do rather than launch anyway to hit the deadlines they promised.

The guy said "You don't understand everything that goes into it. If we don't deliver the launches when we say, Congress will cut our program. You astronauts can't prioritize it rationally, especially since you've got to worry about your own safety to the exclusion of everything else"
To which he responded "Who really cares about missing deadlines? Blowing up astronauts is the fastest way to get this program shut down"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Coke Zero at ground zero is a nice touch

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The door wouldn't have floated with both of them on it.

So then, as now, adding a jack would have ruined the waterproofing properties.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The MSJ posted:

For context, that is a jaguar, a cat with a bite so strong it can hunt tortoises.

My local zoo prepares frozen treats for the animals during the summer, to help them cool off and provide some fun for them.

The jaguars get a whole coconut with a hole drilled in one side. They fill it with water, plug it with a rat, and freeze the entire thing.

The jaguars put the whole coconut, frozen solid, in their mouths and crunch it to get to the ice inside :stonklol:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I saw a bumper sticker for sale in southern Utah with the name of 3 Utah towns in order:
Fillmore
Virgin
Beaver
:haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Author: my dad, c. 1966

That is some dope stationary