Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Just rolled on this, is there any goon meetup thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Jackard posted:

None at all. There's a friends list, and you can search online players with "/who all" but that's limited to 40 results. Some goons have listed themselves on a google doc, and near the bottom of the persona panel you can add a message that appears next to your name in search.

Sounds cool, I'll add my name to it.

is there some kind of medium sized city we could claim or is the game world still pretty small?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

mushroom_spore posted:

The current friending function sucks too, since last I checked you can only friend while standing next to someone in-game. Hopefully that will see some improvement along with some sort of guild system being implemented.

Not sure what you mean by claiming a city, but the general center of activity is Serbule (the walled town after the newbie cave).

I believe I walked around that town a little and answered a math question or something.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
I'm currently trying to unlock shield skill from the dude in tutorial cave and im 50 favor from Friends. Any advice on where to find gifts for him?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Pesterchum posted:

Buy all the cyan, yellow or purple shields you can find in the 'used' category of NPCs and then give them to Tyler, since there's no real reliable way to farm them specifically. It shouldn't take too many if you only need 50 more favor.

Yeah thats what ive been doin, was making sure there wasnt a better way.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

glug posted:

Don't worry about it too hard, and just put all the shields you get as loot in Joeh's storage, then make a trip and bring a bunch in. Doesn't hurt to level something different up for the short term. Your second skill will catch up fast enough, especially if you're still under 25.

I've been running psychology as my 2nd skill while I wait. Does anyone know how the rules work for leveling secondaries? Do I have to use the skill every fight to gain experience or just have it set?

e: Also how do I make something Vulnerable?

Tanners fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 28, 2015

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Is there anything like a resurrection spell in this game

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

wtsnaename posted:

There are a few ways to cheat death. There's a first aid skill at 40 or 45, words of power above tier 3, and an item called eternal greens to rez yourself.

Neato, can the first aid skill be used on other dead players or is it a preemptive measure?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

wtsnaename posted:

It's a straight up rez.

Neato, thanks for the info

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
At level 10 Dying I started getting an option to "Enter the Light", which(minus some interesting events) is basically a 1-way trip to Serbule. So if you find some instant death power words dont be afraid to keep em saved somewhere or atleast add em to the Google doc as theyre basically serbule ports eventually.

Tanners fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 31, 2015

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
What do you guys think is the best food to make once i cap out my cooking? In terms of how easy it is to acquire the mats vs how strong the buff is.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

glug posted:

Banana Bread, until they change Sun Vale. You can harvest a ton of nanners, it's a level 45 food for regen, and it's 3 nanners, flour, water.

Neato. Does it require foraging? If so how high?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

The best part of this game is being able to name groups.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Got some clarification just now on how Vulnerability works for those who don't understand it.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

glug posted:

Noobs.

Or you can extract skulls.

I tried to extract a skull from a skeleton once and just made a mess. At that point I decided phrenology wasn't for me.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

30.5 Days posted:

Project Gorgon: You eat the corpse of Mr. Squeaky. +25XP in Percussion Instruments.

I actually like this one a lot.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

lewtt posted:

He's a seemingly apathetic ex-dev of Asheron's Call with no marketing skills. But he's got a pretty good (and simultaneously batshit insane) head on his shoulders, a ton of interesting ideas, a lot of time to devote, and the skill to implement all those ideas in a way that works.

He also said he's swapping the game to Unity 5 and releasing it on steam in a few months or so,. How well he handles the whiney entitlement of the mass f2p community who never played an mmo prior to WoW will be interesting. Be prepared for global chat to be spammed with "omg this game sucks i am a cow"

if it comes with the introduction of new chat channels/filters im all for it.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

glug posted:

In this image, LatinaPrincess is too tired to offer me what a wolf tried, and another deer was finally able to.

Project Gorgon: Tornado Fuckers, Deer Fuckers, and More

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Stringbean posted:

So if I can't kill the cow that turned me into a cow... should I just reroll? Or is it simple to find this other dude that can cure me?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wAAImwbD1J0gwnwnDxR6FASnJzM9ghDdkNO3IsA372c/edit#gid=1951270702

Click the Word of Power tab here.

Enter one of the words under "Cure Bovinity" into your chat

that should remove the curse, be sure to remove the word once you use it as theyre one-use only.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Nietzschean posted:

Is there any reason other than cosmetics to use various white weapons? I see no stats difference between Moldy Old Sword, Basic Sword, Acid-Addled Blade, for example.

If i had to guess it's because it makes sense given where you loot them. You wouldnt find a fresh new sword on an acid spider, itd be rotted through with acid and poo poo. Same with the skeletons where all their clothes and weapons are old and moldy.

Also the catlady in Eltibule will teach you Tanning to turn your skin into strips and then you can ask what to do with the strips because I have no idea.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Nietzschean posted:

The obvious goal here is that after jumping through some number of steps and additional skills you wind up with the ability to create armor and dildos from having slaughtered enough wolves. Could be that it's just not yet implemented?

I believe it is, however I just dont know how crafting works.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Inimicul posted:

Now that I've been playing sword again and actually know how to gear towards a build, it feels super OP. I thought hammer was pretty nasty before but wow! I currently run slash / parry / riposte / precision pierce / many cuts / finishing blow. I have focused on gear (no oils yet) to make all my parries and ripostes heal me as well as AOE and lower rage. I've stacked a lot of +% damage to precision pierce as well as heals from that too. Many cuts has a few mods but mostly I use it to refresh Finishing Blow which has a gently caress-ton of +% damage mods on it. Now I just need to stack % stun resist because the build is super powerful against half a dozen mobs but instantly pops the moment I get stunned.

I am eager to see what happens with the other skills when they get upped to 60.

Precision pierce with gear to back it up is so unreasonably strong, everything else i tried to play just seemed weak after i had a good set for it.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
confirming staff/shield to be hilariously strong

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Inimicul posted:

There are also some necklaces that give 5 points of damage mitigation at the cost of 40 hp. That pretty much makes you immune to all poison in a lot of starting damage

can confirm these necks are OP as gently caress.

If youre struggling with poison and you dont have one of these theres also those poison mitigation potions.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

hakimashou posted:

I'm Druk in the game, formerly Pisschrist, but got badnamed.

Personally, I liked Pisschris.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Some news posted on the Kickstarter site. He decided to push back the steam date a little to add/change some things(like a new level 60 area), and explains why he wants to do those things. Anyways apparently the new Steam date is sometime in January. link.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Phayray posted:

The thing I don't understand is why Battle Chemistry golems are free but Necromancy skeletons have two requirements. Necromancy itself is already something you can't get without being level 20+, lucky, or getting help.

I think that Battle Chemistry is supposed to be locked behind a long questline or heavy alchemy levels, but hes made it more accessible for the sake of testing it. Or atleast thats what it said when I learned it back when I was playing.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Kelp Plankton posted:

This game seems weird and interesting but it sounds like the playerbase is pretty small. Is that a problem or does it not really impact things a lot?

It really doesn't hurt it that much imo since there isnt any large scale group content to speak of and most of the fun in my experience was exploring the world and talking to the NPCs

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Need a guild invite for Tannerschan whenever theres someone available.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

please knock Mom! posted:

the money cap is to stimulate exploring and finding new people. it's, imo, one of the best decisions they have made.

Agreed the moneycap owns and keeps inflation in check in a very real way. Imo the per-NPC favor system would really fall flat without this system behind it.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

buglord posted:

Is there a nonspoilery guide for this game floating around? I seem to have hit a point where I'm not really progressing. Highest combat skill is unarmed at 15, followed by endurance at 12. I got average armor with minimal special buffs, just enough to keep me alive. Are there any noncombat skills I should focus on to rake in money? I'm doing random villager quests to increase favor, which is working out well. I just singlehandedly punched a bear to death for some barn dwelling dude, if that's something to go by.

Any newbie traps I should watch out for, or things that I should start focusing on? I'm trying not to immediately jump into the wiki and ruin everything.

One thing I'd recommend checking out if you haven't already is the serbule crypt. If you're doing favors around town you'll run into it sooner or later.

Also one way to try and find stuff without getting too spoilery is the "Things to do" tab. I think its under the quest menu. It'll give you hints on places/people to check out without telling you exactly what theyll need or how to do it.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

buglord posted:

whats a good trade/income skill to bring in money? I've been working towards leatherworking the past couple of days and it seems horribly unprofitable. One skillbook for level 15 recipes is 7.5k. Should I go back to surveying?

Cooking baked beets was immensely profitable once you're over the hump of getting cooking and gardening up. It's a little tedious but I prefer it to surveying

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
yikes 40 30 dollars

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
project gorgon is good and I like it. I haven't played in like 4 years but I think I left off trying to learn goblinese by collecting business cards from dead goblins so i could speak to the master shield trainer who was a goblin

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Phoix posted:

Project Gorgon fuckin owns and I will probably never play it again

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
iirc mentalism was support/heals but youll need another thing for damage

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
its a very silly game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
ended up buying the year sub for this to support

enamored with other mmos atm but hoping ill get into it sometime next year. I haven't played since like 2015 so im excited to see all the new stuff