Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vahakyla posted:

Let's not get loving excited about killing people for revenge, tia.

If there's one scenario where the death penalty is appropriate, it's when somebody vested with the responsibility of ensuring the safety of the public actively murders a member of that group.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shrike82 posted:

As Reddit put it so eloquently

Hahahah oh man funny meme bro. But I couldn't help but notice that maybe your posting would fit in better there? They'd probably be able to appreciate your style of "racist uncle facebook post" poo poo-and-run without engaging in actual discussion better than we can.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are you guys retarded? You might as well be arguing with a chatbot, it couldn't be any more obvious this dude is trolling. Every time someone comes into this thread copy/pasting some outrageous post four or five of you dive on it like here's your chance to make a difference. I'll check back here after the requisite five pages of back and forth with this guy are over.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 8, 2015

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think the guy who assaulted a man in the middle of a medical emergency within seconds of arriving on scene should be applauded because he pointed his gun at the guy for a shorter period of time than the other two.

edit: also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the one who resigned was the one who threatened to "smoke" the driver.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 25, 2015

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.periscope.tv/w/aEvdajI5NTg2ODh8MjI0NjI5MjaMgHuXwu4YyjfIOKohN_WH9zn_8WvONFfj18xcrK64DA==

Conference regarding the shooting starting soon.

edit: suspect told police his name is James Boulware, a man with the same name was arrested two years ago for threatening to go on a shooting spree: http://www.kten.com/story/22135694/paris-man-arrested-after-family-reports-threats

bango skank fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jun 13, 2015

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pohl posted:

He was loving psychotic, jesus. I deal with issues everyday but I'm not psychotic. Most people aren't. All anybody is going to see is that he was mentally ill and then they will label everyone mentally ill as dangerous and everyone will lose. I don't even know what you are talking about or what you want.

Fringe, I sent you a pm.
You haven't purchased any zombie apocalypse vans lately, have you?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hrmm yes, the issue is obviously with our immigration policies and not with the fact that a mentally ill homeless man can just "find" a gun. :downs:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a new one, apparently back in January a girl had a seizure at a concert in Alabama, and instead of rendering aid the police tazed her and her mother and then arrested the mom for disorderly conduct:
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20150713/NEWS/150719929

Anyone else have more information on this? I feel like there must be more to the story because it seems insane that, even in Alabama, the response from police rolling up on a minor having a seizure is to assault them.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pohl posted:

Did you say it was bullshit? I missed that?

Good for you.

You posted a kneejerk reaction without even watching the video, why are you acting like everyone else here is the rear end in a top hat?

Toasticle posted:

Is it some kind of uncontrollable reflex for you guys? Find irrelevant incorrect item in a post and smugly point it out while throwing in a dick one liner?

You loving know his point was "Because he wasn't white", that he got which minority wrong is just being pedantic and throwing in "rush to post how much you hate cops" is just being an rear end in a top hat.

Kalman has a history of being an apologist in this thread, but posting "THEY DID IT BECAUSE HE WAS loving BLACK!!" immediately without even looking at the video makes the poster look like a retard and gives apologists something to point to when they say we're just looking for excuses to be anti-cop or turn an incident into a "race issue."

bango skank fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 15, 2015

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Requesting namechange for Genocide Tendency to Darkie McRetard.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There is obviously some context which makes calling a black person "Darkie McRetard" not racist that you're all deliberately ignoring thanks to the d&d hivemind echo chamber ~*~narrative~*~.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dexo posted:

If you stereotype people you are prejudiced, not racist.

Racism is prejudice + power.

No it isn't and this is a dumb definition.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how all initial reports said he handed the officer the bottle of gin when asked for his ID. I assume that was just one piece of bullshit from Tensing's report?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ElCondemn posted:

What do you mean by "cranking the car"? Also what is "set off"?
Start the car. When he asks the guy to take his seatbelt off right before the shooting you can see him turn the keys in the ignition and hear the engine turn over.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cole posted:

obviously my lack of television show awareness means it will be impossible for you to get the point i was making.

lets see how fast you guys can dogpile

*makes retarded comment*

"Heh, don't everybody point out my severe mental disabilities at once" :smug:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cole posted:

But you only skimmed them, and posted 100 within about ten minutes of eachother, so you're either going on headlines or just guessing. Your pattern is based on headlines, not the actual stories you posted.
How would you know? Have you sat down and read the links you asked for yet?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cole posted:

I read the first five and found out that what he was posting was based on headlines, so there's really no reason to go further, especially after he admitted to only skimming them.

If I had come in here and said "HERE THIS PROVES I'M RIGHT (i only skimmed it though)" how would that go over? Probably not well, I assume. The difference is, SedanChair's rhetoric goes with what you are arguing, so he gets a pass.

It's kind of funny how people of the same mindframe will help eachother out.. some would say even cover for eachother.

Oh ok. I was just wondering if you'd read the stuff you asked for yet.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rah! posted:

Black people get shot at a higher rate than white people, and unarmed black people are shot at over twice the rate as unarmed white people:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/01/black-americans-killed-by-police-analysis

Now post the other 99 for him to not read.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

There's a good chance they're incentivized to sell tickets somehow, and this seemed like an easy way to unload three of them. Besides, getting your car out of impound is going to cost a lot more than $30, so it seems safe enough. Just didn't anticipate being on camera.

Whoever extorts the most people into buying tickets wins a pizza party for their class department!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacetoaster posted:

Ok, I agree with everything you wrote except the part about not looking like a bomb.

I looks like a bomb to me. Suitcase, big digital countdown, wires and circuit boards everywhere.

I guess you're entitled to your opinion even if it is a retarded one.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

botany posted:

how the gently caress is that a good thing

What's so bad about it?

e: like, every job I've had has had cameras pretty much everywhere but the bathroom and every experience I've had with them has been to the benefit of employees.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 25, 2015

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone have a source on the mother of the student who was assaulted by the cop in SC dying shortly beforehand? I'd like to share it with someone going on about how her parents should be ashamed.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

told that, when deciding for whom to vote, "the next time you look at your paycheck, you better figure it out."

What kind of person upon hearing that wouldn't just immediately go, "Oh well I for sure know who I'm not voting for, and it's that oval office."

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have to hope that's fake. Just look at that gently caress try to crack that guy's head open like it's got the answer to why daddy never loved him locked inside.

Eagerly awaiting one of the usual suspects chiming in to explain how actually the law allows for police to behave so reprehensibly.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of getting shot for reaching for the wallet too fast, does anyone know what eventually happened with the people from the video where the dude hops out of his car to go into a gas station or store as a cop rolls up and turns on the lights and gets shot when he leans back into the car to grab his wallet from the center console? Anyone remember what video I'm thinking of?

e: Oh, turns out it was easier to find than I thought. http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article33417255.html

Turns out the cop was fired at least, though he hasn't even had a court date set yet. Thankfully the victim survived, albeit with problems from being shot in the hip necessitating a walking cane.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jarmak posted:

Your only contribution to this thread is to take little content free snipes at people you don't agree with and accuse people of arguing in bad faith whenever you disagree with their position.

If someone claims that something is violating the rights of person X, responding with moral outrage that they don't care enough about the rights of person Y is not a good faith engagement with the debate, its a way of dodging having to address the actual issue while getting in some sick burns on the moral inferiority of the other side.

Maybe he usually only bothers to pipe up if he disagrees with something someone is saying or if he feels like he has relevant information to contribute that isn't being factored into the discussion because he doesn't really feel the need to put points up on the scoreboard by posting how much he disagrees with how hosed up X incident is every time something comes up.

tezcat posted:

They paid out a quarter of a million dollars for the guy he shot to make this go away. Ill bet while he is fired , he is probably re-hire able and will be re hired later down the line.

When googling the incident I found an article about the cop being arrested for shoplifting at a Walmart recently, so while other police agencies might be more lenient about him shooting a black guy I really doubt they'd look favorably on that.

• Locked thread