Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

The Guardian posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/06/ferguson-judge-owes-unpaid-taxes-ronald-brockmeyer

Ronald J Brockmeyer, whose court allegedly jailed impoverished defendants unable to pay fines of a few hundred dollars, has a string of outstanding debts to the US government dating back to 2007, according to tax filings obtained by the Guardian from authorities in Missouri.
That's what they do here...is this abnormal?..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I'm about to move out of the South but I'm in need of as much $ as possible I was wondering if I could appropriate "gently caress your breath" to sell t-shirts because there are a lot of people here who favor a police beating over anything good for black people.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Powercrazy posted:

Why the exception for a "Swat" team? There is literally no need for one.

Probably been posted before but http://www.cato.org/raidmap

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Is there a gif yet of the 3 seconds where the cop reaches into the car, grabs the guy, and executes him?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Why are white cops so afraid of black men when they die so easily...

Here's a real question: Who remembers Cops (the show)? I know society is moving pretty quickly but we've gone from watching police chase crackheads under houses to POV "silencing" of civilians in 20 short years.

i am harry fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 31, 2015

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

One time a floor manager at a large hardware store deescalated me when I got all worked up because the cashier couldn't process a refund on something she overcharged me for without my phone number and I refused to give it to them because gently caress you Stine you don't need my phone number and neither does China's building 345 or whoever the hackers will be who inevitably wind up with it.

All I'm saying is if a dude who gets payed ~$9 with no benefits and no training can do it in his spare time...

Vahakyla posted:

Things are getting better, not worse.

You mean the cops of 1995 would have killed upwards of 800+ people by August instead of the 670 we're hovering near today?

i am harry fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 31, 2015

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

What you're experiencing in 2015 is actually all of the abuse that's been happening for years that's only now becoming publicly visible thanks to modern media and technology.

Yes. I know. I wish someone of volume would call this like it is.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

The point is that things like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8CNa_viKg0

e: gosh it's already been 6 years how time flies :shobon:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Everblight posted:

I probably don't want to know the answer to this, but why were the police dressed like Army guys? Even SWAT/milsurp cops have giant POLICE letters on their gear.
It was during the G-20 summit in Pittsburgh. Not that those facts explain anything..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

what factors could be changed to turn those situations from killings into peaceful arrests or even, gasp, interventions requiring no arrests.

An empathy test would be good.

• Locked thread