Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Y'all best be reading this here Twitter today, he's posting a shitload of docs from DOJ investigation into Ferguson:

https://twitter.com/WesleyLowery

lol if you're still the kind of baby that thinks police officers are above being stupid, petty, and don't have deep-seated insecurity issues

edit: Dude is not even past page 40 yet and the stuff in there is ridiculous, the ticket-fixing they do for their white friends while fining a black homeless woman over 1000 dollars for improper parking is a good one

edit edit: This is like "black people interaction with police 101":

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
South Carolina police officer going to be charged with murder, video to be released tonight:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/04/07/south-carolina-police-officer-will-be-charged-with-murder-after-shooting/

That's going to be a pretty loving obvious video I'm guessing.

Apparently a still from the video from the Post and Courier:

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150407/PC16/150409468

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 7, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Video: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-is-charged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=1

Stone cold murdered him, edit: and the video caught him planting the taser on him. This guy is going away for a long long long loving time.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 7, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lemming posted:

Thank goodness there was a recording. While watching it I was honestly surprised the cop didn't try to take the phone.

Yeah maybe he was zoomed in while being a long way away, because I was sure any minute the guy holding it was going to get the police officer ordering him to turn it off.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
SLED doing a huge crackdown seems* like

http://www.sled.state.sc.us/CISystem/Images/NewsPress/SNP0803.pdf

*edited, sounds isn't the right word

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 8, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Some more shooting running suspects video for the thread:

https://twitter.com/deray/status/585889957408972800

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah I trust the Chicago PD about as much as my great aunt Myrta who burned down her trailer for the insurance money. When I was living there, they had some officer who was drunk driving killed someone and then the rest of the PD tried to cover it up, but I could be getting that confused because CPD officers are drunk driving pretty much all the time.

And now this "we'll pay you 5million so we don't have to release the dashcam footage of us shooting a kid in the back" story should make you very fearful of living in Chicago especially while black.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
So the police put out a letter saying the crips and bloods are going to try to kill them, then show up at a funeral in full riot gear, then agitate protestors and throw rocks.... and wait who are the bad guys again?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
When in fact, this is what happens because cops are being trained as if they were on a sports team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPh4EUSP9Oo

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I do love when these things happen how it brings out the whiteys on Twitter saying they would totally be fighting back with an AR-15 as if they wouldn't get loving murdered in seconds.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Baltimore FOP has started a gofundme:

http://www.gofundme.com/t5n6ykg

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

LorrdErnie posted:

Is there any way of knowing if this is actually them and not some random gently caress trying to cheat racists out of their money?

https://twitter.com/FOP3/status/594238017201676288 I think that's their official Twitter

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Jesus that Baltimore FOP Twitter:

https://twitter.com/FOP3/status/169137754393948160

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
ˆˆˆPretty sure those are anti-NRA. NRA is full of paranoid gunsuckers who are always so in fear of their life they feel deadly force is pretty much always justified. Normal people realise that, yes, anything can kill you at just about anytime, but that doesn't mean someone's always trying to kill you.

Alligator Horse posted:

Would people read an effort post either in here or in its own thread about "officer-involved deaths" or whatever euphemism is popular today for a police officer killing someone?

I'd like that, there are just so many officer-involved deaths out there I'm amazed that every day there seems to be one I've never heard of before. Today I just learned about Amit Bornstein. There's literally video of the inbred, fatass cops all standing around while a bunch of them dogpile and beat the poo poo out of him, then at one point they forcefully inject a sedative into him, strip him naked, and tie him to a chair where his heart stops while covered in bruises and blood.

Of course, the DA cleared them of all charges and the father of the victim lost his lawsuit.

By the way, why is it considered common practice, in the United States of America, that a police officer who is not a doctor can be allowed to inject sedatives into someone? The guy had an enlarged heart so it was about the equivalent of injecting him with hemlock.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 12, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dead Reckoning posted:

No, which is why the people administering medical care to Bornstein were nurses working under contract. You'd know that if you had actually spent any time reading about the trial. Expert witnesses stated that they provided a reasonable standard of care, and the "common knowledge" standard for medical malpractice the plaintiffs relied on in their civil suit was an incredible reach, since it would require the judge to accept that a layman can make accurate judgements about what constitutes reasonable care in a custodial setting.

Many law enforcement officers are trained in emergency medicine, more often in rural areas where they are likely to be the first responders on scene. There are various levels of certification, but many have training equivalent to an EMT in terms of trauma medicine and lifesaving, except with strict limitations on what drugs they are allowed to administer or assist with.

Okay then fire the nurses, it doesn't take a genius to know you don't administer powerful sedatives without knowing medical history or are you actually arguing that it is safe and sensible medical procedure to administer potentially lethal sedatives to someone without knowing any of their medical history?

I mean, you realise those nurses are acting in a law enforcement setting, right? The fact that they're nurses doesn't absolve them of the fact that they did something really loving dumb. Also, any "nurse" or "medical professional" who stands around while a man is beaten that brutally in front of them needs to turn their licence the gently caress in.

vvvvYou're intentionally obtuse and no one falls for it, sorry.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 12, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dead Reckoning posted:

Since it once again falls to me to actually do the reading, here's the reference to the use of drugs:
I'm not a doctor, so I don't know what the appropriate standard of care or use of drugs is in that situation. I'm going to guess that you don't either.

Bad guess. I do, and I know that is not the standard of care. Neither is beating a man within an inch of his life. Nor do I know of any medical presentation where the indicated remedy is stripping a man naked while he's covered in bruises, bloody from a 20 minute severe beating, injecting him with potentially lethal sedatives, and strapping him to a chair to leave him alone for 4 minutes before someone shows up to check on him.

Watch it for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_eUIhWxcw8

If you're honestly the sort of person who thinks "Well the jury agreed with the defendant so those are definitely the facts and juries never make mistakes" I've got a reserve deputy position I can sell you.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 12, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dead Reckoning posted:

It's too bad you haven't disseminated this knowledge to the wider medical community, because Amit Bornstein's family could really have used an expert witness who would testify to that earlier this year.
It didn't even go to a jury. The judge dismissed the suit against the medical providers because the family had no proof that malpractice had occured and no expert witnesses that would testify to it. That's a pretty damning indication of the strength of their case.

You honestly think not being able to get an expert witness (who cost money) to testify against a police department is indicative of the truth instead of being indicative of the legal system? Jesus but you're blind.

Did you even watch the loving video? Of course not, because you replied in about 5 minutes and the video is a 30 minute brutal, senseless, beating of a man who was not even violent, just yelling. If you watch it, you might just have to form an opinion, but since that opinion won't jibe with your boot-licking view of the world, you'll refuse.

There are literally people in this thread arguing he died from a heart attack from steroid abuse. It just so happened that his steroid-related death came right after he was beaten brutally for 20 minutes, was forcefully restrained to a chair, and injected with powerful sedatives. What a coincidence! You guys would have been Mussolini's favourites.

edited to add: But the judge threw it out! And judges are always beyond reproach! Especially in New Jersey! Long known as the least corrupt state in the union!

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 12, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

hobbesmaster posted:

We are talking about 2mg of lorazepam. Thats like the starting dose for sleeplessness.

Yes but is it indicated for use when the patient has just received a brutal beating for 20 minutes? Beating can equal strain on the heart. Strain on the heart means contraindication for sedatives. That's not even med school classes, that's entry level EMT training. Heart damage = do not slow the heart.

This is not the face of a man you give sedatives to:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jarmak posted:

You realize you're the only one alleging he died from the sedatives, the family's attorney was alleging that he died of asphyxia from being restrained and the autopsy ruled it was a heart attack, both sides admitted his heart was "massively damaged" from an diagnosed condition which is amazing consistent with steroid abuse.

Where did I allege he died from sedatives alone? Holy poo poo why are you this intentionally obtuse?

I alleged he died from:

quote:

he was beaten brutally for 20 minutes, was forcefully restrained to a chair, and injected with powerful sedatives

Do you... do you not understand the sarcasm from the context those words were in? Like, I'm pretty sure the 20 minute brutal beating is what I'm saying is the primary motivator for his death. Injecting a man who was just beaten within an inch of his life with sedatives is just the final nail in the coffin.

You... you are aware people die from complex things right? Or do people only ever die of one thing in your world? Are you okay? Do you need to maybe re-understand the world a little bit?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jarmak posted:

The family's attorneys argued that he did not die from a heart attack.

Jesus Christ, your intentionally obtuse gimmick is loving old and annoying. I'm blocking you. Re-loving-read what I wrote, then go ahead and reply I'll never see it. (Hint: You're not disagreeing with me in what I quoted from you).

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 12, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dead Reckoning posted:

Also, I feel compelled to ask: Are you are aware that, even if the officers' use of force was unjustified, that has no bearing on whether his subsequent medical care was competent?
People are saying he died of a heart attack because that was the coroner's conclusion. The coroner even saved the heart so other medical experts could examine it. The defense claims his heart damage was steroid-related because the toxicology found that he was taking a breast cancer drug that has no medical use in men without breast cancer, but is frequently used by bodybuilders to combat breast growth that accompanies steroid usage (which you would know if you had done reading.) You're accusing the judge and literally every medical professional involved in this case, including the defense's expert, in participating in a cover-up.

Here's the point you keep trying to miss, for what reason I don't know: Okay, he was taking some steroids. Great. Now, he just happened to have a heart attack from those steroids after getting the poo poo beat out of him for 20 minutes, being stripped naked, forcefully strapped to a chair, injected with sedatives, and left alone for 4 minutes. Reread that sentence. That is literally your argument. Read it again.

Is the human body supposed to be capable of getting the poo poo beat out of it for 20 minutes, stripped naked, forcefully strapped to a chair, injected with sedatives, and left alone for 4 minutes just as long as you don't take steroids? That's braindead thinking.

Watch. The. loving. Video. And important question: who, in the video, throws the first punch?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Add Wisconsin to the list of states that South Carolina is less racist than.

I think the Ativan is like, the least objectionable part of this whole story. Why is everyone so hung up on it?

Because I found it crazy anyone would think sedatives are a good idea at that point, and since it is the least objectionable part, the cop apologists latched onto it because that's easier to defend than the 20 minutes of that video where he's beat by a dozen cops.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lemming posted:

I don't know what would happen if something different had been said, but what was said was that "it's wrong to beat someone, then strip them, then strap them to a chair, inject them with sedatives, and leave them alone for 4 minutes" and what the apologists pounced on was "ah HA you see the sedatives were actually fine! The cops weren't wrong about that!" and then post pages about it to cloud the issue.

Yeah when I even brought up the sedative, it was a ninja edit. I do think it's crazy anyone would think that's a good time to give a sedative, but anyone thinking I'm arguing that's the only thing that killed him needs to work on their reading comprehension.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Agrajag posted:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=895_1431715651

Such heroes risking their lives. Here you get to see officers risking their lives in watching a black man slowly die on camera in a jail. Oh yeah did I mention they also waterboard him "wash out pepper spray".

American police are sick animals that enjoy watching a person die in front of their eyes while naked like some sick snuff film.

Oh yeah you can also suffocate, with people sitting on top of you, which ends up compressing your lungs making it harder to breathe (take in air to your lungs) with every exhalation so you dumb fucks saying someone screaming they can't breathe are lying are seriously dumb as gently caress.

Also note nothing he did or has done even comes close to deserving a death sentence anywhere except in the sick minds of those who think those officers did nothing wrong.

Seriously, how dumb are police officers? Like, how do you not understand what a person gasping for breath and slowly dying looks like? Are all cops under a 3rd grade education level? How did we arrive at a place where our arbiters of our laws have such little brain capacity that they seem like they need help tying their shoes?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

jase1 posted:

On my local Cleveland news channel they flashed a scroll that said The judge has found probable cause to charge the police officer for murder in the Tamir Rice case. I saw it flash on the screen of my local channel during the news but I haven't seen any articles on it. Anyone else have a source for this?

No sources yet, but from the judge: the officer who shot him is going to be charged with murder, the officer with him will be getting negligent homicide.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Wait a second, so what I'm hearing now is this is literally the judge saying "Yes there is probable cause" but there are no charges filed yet.

Apparently this is from that situation where activists used that "1 weird law!" to force a judge to look at this case. It's possible the judge can say "Yes there is probable cause for these charges" and the DA can just say "that's nice."

edit: Yes, this changes literally nothing because the prosecutors are apparently saying they're basically just going to take this 'under advisement' and we are still months away from a grand jury if it ever gets there. This law they're using is very weird and adds a lot of confusion, sadly.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 11, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Something that's kind of funny in a "ha ha ha life is terrible" way is that whenever another limpdick police officer decides to assert his authority over a mentally ill 5'2" woman by shooting her in the head 8 times as she sat in her car we get told that these police officers are just 'bad apples'.

Except the whole point of the phrase 'bad apples' is that one bad apple spoils the bunch. We've got the bad apple part but we're forgetting the part where we have to throw out the bunch.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Cleveland PD admitted they were wrong to hire that angry savage who killed Tamir Rice. No one's been charged yet or anything but they totally admit they were wrong to hire him.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Here's the full dash video of Sandra Bland - there's like a whole hour here. The incredibly unsafe lane change happens at 1:55 and the rest starts from there:

9:15 is where he goes loving insane.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/07/21/police-release-sandra-bland-arrest-vid.html

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 22, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah seriously. It's amazing how quickly it escalates. She's completely within her rights, and he hasn't gotten his satisfaction of getting someone to do what he says so he throws in the cigarette line, she says no and he just goes loving nuts like a rabid dog frothing at the mouth, grabbing at her, telling her he's going to tase her, yanking her out of the car.

That's when you say "What the hell" and just go straight to the police car to be arrested. Then sue the gently caress out of the whole district when it comes to trial.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
The only reason I can think of for the video to have been doctored would be if he had called her the n-word or something in the time they papered over, but honestly if you're going to sit down and maliciously edit a video, you're going to do a little bit better than making a car disappear into the 40th dimension in the middle of your video.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
People on Twitter are now convincing themselves Sandra Bland was already dead when they took the mugshot. Sometimes, people, you just don't help.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

semper wifi posted:

I see things like this as a two way street. Yeah, the cop should have kept his ego in check, handed her her ticket and walked away. That's what should have happened. The police should be better than the people they police. At the same time...

No, see, stop right there. That's the point. You're the cop. You are the one whose job is to keep your cool, have thick skin, and not escalate things. If your tiny dick gets threatened every time a person challenges your authority, get a new job or blow your brains out. We can't waste time coddling you and your bitchmade ways.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

ToastyPotato posted:

The one I've seen is pointing out that she has no side profile mug shot released as evidence. :/

Except she does?

edit: Here it is:

https://twitter.com/stopbeingfamous/status/624282225912246277

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 24, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
The family of Sam Dubose is viewing the body cam footage right now, so we will likely know what happened before day's end.

Some information that has leaked says he was shot in the back of the head and the rumblings behind the scenes are that Cincinnati is about to become (Ferguson x Baltimore)ˆ2

edit: UofC Campus Police are going door to door alerting Summer session students to evacuate the campus in advance of potential riots.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

TehSaurus posted:

Not to get all TVIV on you but where are you reading this?

For content the comparison of police behavior to medical professionals was about the worst one semper wifi could have possibly chosen. Anyone with any exposure to high acuity patients is going to understand that they come in an incredible array of flavors and they need to be treated with the appropriate standard of care regardless. Nobody is going to cover for you if your patient tachs out and you didn't give them their medication because they were belligerent of even physically violent, let alone that they hurt your feelings.

Some UofC students on Twitter and the local fox affiliate reporters are posting updates on their Twitters as well.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Now this is just the presser that's going to say "yes we are charging mr. x with murder" and we'll see the actual video probably much later today, right?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Uhhh are you getting some cooking show audio over top of the press conference?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Rollofthedice posted:

^^^^^
It just got fixed

Yeah I thought I was going nuts, checked all my browsers, but only Opera and Chrome have that "here's the tab that's playing an annoying sound!" icon.

This press conference is amazing. This man is very open about how this was a completely senseless killing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
So it sounds like Sam Dubose was a drunk driver, and was trying to pull away slowly. Of course you have a million options there, but this officer decided "pull out gun shoot in back of head in less than a second".

• Locked thread