Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWLGC_JVtWU

holy poo poo look at this game

they actually made clay models of all sorts of things and 3d scanned em in and gently caress it looks good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Poyo

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Evolve has a higher metascore than the new Kirby.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

Evolve has a higher metascore than the new Kirby.

that's hosed dude

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I dn't know if it will be as good as triple deluxe, and I don't think it will.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game looks like it's a huge turd, whatever about the art style.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

This game looks like it's a huge turd, whatever about the art style.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

oof... feeling it right in the feels

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
it's getting bad reviews

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

it's getting bad reviews

lmao if you care about games journalism

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i can't think for myself

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i need validation

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

deadwing posted:

lmao if you care about games journalism

If you've seen even 10 seconds of it being played it looks like a game for iPad that 6 year olds would think is epic and beg there web entrepreneur mom to let them use the iPad for an hour every night.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah wow! Looks like clay! Gratz! You draw a line on a tiny to make kirby move and you have to look at the tiny screen instead of the TV.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

these people should stop being bad at video games

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

cool concept (the art style, at least), boring rear end gameplay. why make a game with such a stylized screen then force the player to stare at a lower res gamepad tablet thing?

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
looks like the DS game.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i could probably play w/o looking at the touchpad since i got really into my Wacom Bamboo Tablet , like, REALLY into it

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Wormskull posted:

If you've seen even 10 seconds of it being played it looks like a game for iPad that 6 year olds would think is epic and beg there web entrepreneur mom to let them use the iPad for an hour every night.

I hope it turns out good but I'll wait to hear word from my fellow Nintendo Gamers

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

remember dan rykert also hates captain toad

so when it comes to taste his is, well, abysmal

other things he hates: olives, mayonnaise, plays, classical music, 'fancy' food or anything else he deems 'fancy'

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I wish this was a platformer. Like Tropical Freeze but for Kirby.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

starbarry clock posted:

this just seems like another game that couldve just as easily not have been a kirby game that has kirby in it to sell copies but that doesnt mean it might not be good i would have to try it before i buy it because im not sold on it being the new kirby when it doesnt seem to share much of the core kirby gameplays? get it? got it? good

lol when the silver shithead said i couldnt post in he thread for this truth bomb i poasted

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

lol @ those putting art style over gameplay

canvas curse was pretty boring too

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I liked Canvas Curse. It was a nice little portable title.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kirby's Dream Land 3 was also pretty, but also really boring.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

yeah exactly, I got tired of the gameplay after the second line drawn in the video, and then they confirm that's all there is to the game. but I guess I'm a games journalism sheeple

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

why would you play a kirby game where you can't copy powers

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Kirby's Dream Land 3 was also pretty, but also really boring.

gently caress you

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

gently caress you
I just don't like it, it felt like a step back after Dream Land 2 and Superstar. Kirby 64 shared some stuff with Dream Land 3 but it was better.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Superstar was better but DL3 was a huge improvement over DL2 and it was comfy as hell... also it was definitely better than 64

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
Did the grown rear end man in that video really say he's never had ketchup on a hotdog or hamburger and that he's never had mustard period? Other than that I won't be buying this game for my Wii U, that's what I took away from the video.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

chaosbreather posted:

remember dan rykert also hates captain toad

so when it comes to taste his is, well, abysmal

other things he hates: olives, mayonnaise, plays, classical music, 'fancy' food or anything else he deems 'fancy'

His captain toad review is really positive he just says he doesn't know if it's worth $40 because it's so short.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah it's a loving shame that it's not a real kirby game and it's touchscreen bullshit on an HD console where you kind of want to use your TV, im not denying that. i just wanted to talk about how pretty it is. i hope the next actual kirby game uses the same style

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope they put a character from Clayfighter in Smash Bros to commemorate the new era of Nintendo claymation.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hope they put a character from Clayfighter in Smash Bros to commemorate the new era of Nintendo claymation.

I want them to make a new clay fighter and have earthworm jim as a playable character again

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's no way Houngan and Kung Pow would make it.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
That actually does look really good. I wonder if they actually sculpted models or if they just did everything from scratch in computers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kirby shouldn't be this divisive.

• Locked thread