Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
tip: putting your samples into an expensive hardware sampler is a good way to warm up the bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
this sine wave is full of life

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
nobody has mentioned it yet but reason 5 owns bowns btw when used like a vst for ableton. hook it up w rewire. i made a max4live instrument to give u the combinator front panel from inside ableton so u can twiddle the knobs

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flat Daddy posted:

nobody has mentioned it yet but reason 5 owns bowns btw when used like a vst for ableton. hook it up w rewire. i made a max4live instrument to give u the combinator front panel from inside ableton so u can twiddle the knobs

i should mention the reason for this is to give u midi control.

alas i dont use it anymore bc i had a pirated copy and i guess the copy protection kicked in after years of use and it straight up deleted itself from my hard drive lol

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

echinopsis posted:

is ableton still ok

its the best dummy

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

wayfinder posted:

software > hardware anyway

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
altho its nice to have dedicated buttons and knobs for things

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

yard salad posted:

how do i avoid awful latency when playing on a MIDI keyboard into a DAW (via usb)?

synpe: https://soundcloud.com/exant/alright

nice . what are these drum samples from (that start at 0:08)? i heard them before and i want

edit - if you're on Windows the most important thing is to use an ASIO audio driver if you're not already

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonny 290 posted:

live is fun, but i always gravitate towards loopy clip based tracks when i get in there.

i do this too. i think i really need to force myself to stay away from that live clip launching view from now on

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

killhamster posted:

oh wow how did i miss a beep boop music thread in yospos i do beep boop music all the time https://soundcloud.com/killhamster/rbm-from-inner-space

lookit this scrub with his old-rear end pirated reason

its the version before they turned it into a full blown DAW with recording and audio editing and other poo poo i dont need.

i stopped following updates on it when they merged it with Record

Flat Daddy fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 7, 2015

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

enotnert posted:

I just got a new electribe, i'll try and make a bloop with it.

which kind? ive got the er-1 and es-1 mkii and they're fun as heck, if primitive

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i badly want amp envelope controls on the es1. can someone hack that on for me

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lately I've been ditching all my usual go-to instruments for the free u-he ones and I've been way happier with my output (aka my WIPs get worked on slightly longer before i forget about /give up on them)

edit nevermind i got my synths mixed up. i was thinking of TAL. i looked at zebra a bit but i get choice paralysis with these megasynths. the tal sh-101 is my new favorite thing

Flat Daddy fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonny 290 posted:

this is me, and everybody else

• Locked thread