Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Give them the Steelers or Lions

lol what the steelers have, oh, i dunno, maybe the 2nd or 3rd most popular worldwide fanbase, have the most consecutive sellouts only behind green bay, a brand new stadium, and have never been in danger of being moved, like ever. lol give LA the steelers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

SA2K posted:

I think that might be the reason that the situation in Oakland is impossible. They can't build two stadiums at once.

how is this even possible? the steelers and pirates built new stadiums concurrently with 100,000 less people living in the city. it pissed people off, but PNC Park is the most beautiful baseball stadium in the country. Heinz Field is nothing special, but it was designed to be fast-track built in 18 months

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

thanks, ron jeremy

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Brannock posted:

The Raiders in the NFC just seems wrong. When I think "AFC" I think of teams like the Steelers and the Raiders.

The Steelers were in the NFC for 37 years, and didn't move to the AFC until after the AFL/NFL merger

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Sash! posted:

I don't get to a lot of sporting events, but I've been inside five NFL stadiums, three MLB stadiums, two hockey arenas, and two college football stadiums. Everything from mixed used nightmares like whatever Dolphins Stadium is currently called and Three Rivers to gleaming monuments to the hubris of man like Nats Park and Heinz Field to the titanic monstrosities that are Beaver Stadium and Neyland Stadium. I've sat in the peasant rabble of the deck above the upper deck to being able to put my feet up on the dugout roof or heckle players on the sideline and have them hear me. The club levels I've been on made me wonder why those people were even at the game in the first place. You can sit at a bar and watch the game literally anywhere. The only experience I haven't had in a stadium is sitting in a luxury box.

I don't need all the restaurants of the Mercedes Club or whatever it was called at FedEx or the elaborate model train scoreboard thing in the Norfolk Southern Club at Nats Park. The most fun I've ever had in a stadium was standing packed shoulder to shoulder in my 17 inches of allotted space on a cold metal bleacher in a light, freezing cold rain on a night in October in a college football stadium. All that other stuff is fluff for people that would rather be somewhere else. However, I require a pretzel guy too. Maybe nachos.

If you're doing both at the same time, you're doing neither very well :colbert:

you can get a primanti's sandwich and good beer at PNC Park without having to be in the ritzy seats, and if the hubris of man is a ball park that feels like 1950 inside, then may i die from my hamartia

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Sash! posted:

Primanti's is gross and for tourists; you go to Peppi's instead and get a Roethliburger.

lol no

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ehud posted:

@msmallm2: St. Louis comes up with $400 mil of public money. OAK does nothing and gets league money and keeps their team. What a time to be alive.

Why is Oakland staying? I don't get it.

because the owners feel bad for treating al davis like poo poo, and mark is gonna benefit from guilt money since he looks like a simpleton, but is apparently pretty savvy

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Goodell talked Mark Davis into taking a league-sourced "stadium fund" bribe to gently caress Dean Spanos in the rear end, and will still probably be the 2nd team to LA, and it won't even have to be with Kroenke bc of "option" thing

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Rabid Snake posted:

Mark Davis never wanted to move in the first place. He played it correctly

Mark Davis owns

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Volkerball posted:

you're kidding right

They said 500 million on NFLN

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I wonder how Pittsburgh got both PNC Park and Heinz Field and Consol Energy center for like $900mil combined, in a city where union labor is still de rigeur, in an era where stadiums cost a billion dollars lol. It's cool when sports teams and cities actually get along

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah its real hard to describe what makes Pittsburgh's roads insane unless you have driven them. The traffic map of downtown Pittsburgh is laid out like there is a Minotaur trapped inside.

It's bc the topography is a literal triangle, so nothing was laid out in a normal grid pattern. Hope that's succinct enough

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I cannot tell the difference between the throwback LA Rams uniforms and the Delaware Blue Hens uniforms.

Its like Iowa/Steelers for me

It's because the head coach at Iowa in the late 70s called the Rooneys and asked permission to use the Steelers color scheme, saying that if his team wanted to be winners, they should dress like them. know your steelers history, mang

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

bring back the Fouts era Chargers uniforms

Bring back the Lance Alworth era Chargers unis

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Split the difference. State College Steagles.

I don't want the taint of Eagles loserdom rubbing off on the successful franchise tyvm

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

El Nino means Pittsburgh hasn't really had a winter this year. It's snowed once, and it gets cold for a fews days at a stretch in between bouts of 40-50 degrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

My one regret about never moving out of Pittsburgh is not living somewhere where the weather is nice enough to ride my Moto Guzzi 365

• Locked thread