Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I would rather the Rams/Raiders come to LA and keep the Chargers in San Diego. Living in Orange County and not really having a hometown team (I know lots of people that don't think of the Chargers as a hometown team, despite them being an hour and a half away), I'll root for whatever team moves to LA. USC/UCLA football is way bigger around here than Chargers, I'm not surprised one bit by that LA Times poll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

The Glumslinger posted:

The LA Times had a little slideshow of the current proposed stadiums, and also included a drawing of a proposed Carson stadium from the 90s:

Look at that loving thing, it amazing

It looks like a cross between Del Mar Racetrack and the Coliseum and is rad as hell.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

old dog child posted:

The best donut place is this little 24 hour shack in Newport Beach called Seaside. :colbert:

This place is very good, but I normally get a jalapeno ham and cheese croissant.

NC-17 posted:

Could someone clarify what the hell is actually happening because it seems like every week there's a different group making another announcement to build *something* in a different place for a different team. Like what has actually been verified?

Yeah I can't keep up with how many different plans different teams are having in different sites around SoCal. poo poo is nuts.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

kiimo posted:

When I first moved to Los Angeles a decade ago I was shocked to learn there was no train to take you from Hollywood to the beach.

Then I found out that to build one you'd have to tear up Beverly Hills properties.

There will never be a train from Hollywood to the beach.

You'll be able to go from downtown (and passed the Coliseum/USC) to Santa Monica soon. Shame that didn't exist when my girlfriend was still at USC.

I took public transit all the time, because I didn't have a car. It was a 50min bus ride vs 20-30min drive, which wasn't too bad of a trade off when gas/parking fees were included. Took the blue line from downtown Long Beach to downtown LA quite a bit too. Doing that on a daily basis for work would suck though.

Now I ride my bike everywhere. I'll never learn. :v:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

No one takes the blue line because it goes through places that they only know about from hip hop songs or places that they only hear about with the word "riots" following it and it's like, how the hell else are you going to get from long beach to downtown

I took the blue line basically the full distance (5th street in Long Beach to Pico in LA) probably every other week and yeah gently caress that I'm not getting off that train.

I used to visit my girlfriend when we were both freshman in college without cars and I would take the OCTA 60 to Long Beach State, the LB Metro 96 to the blue line. Blue line to Pico, and then catch a bus back south a bit down Figueroa to USC. It'd take 3.5-4 hours and cost me like 6 bucks, vs 1-1.5 hours on the 22/405/110. If I had a car no way I would have done that bus commute though.

That 2 mile walk from the green line would suck but would probably as fast as driving and trying to park or taking a shuttle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Fly with me posted:

Welp. Time to become a Raiders fan. At least going to a game in Vegas will be fun.

A quicker drive too.

hifi posted:

0 good teams lol

Lakers might be good in the near future if any of their young talent turns out? They're the Lakers either way.
Clippers are good
Dodgers are good and are the Dodgers.
Angels were good and have the absolute best player in baseball
Kings and Ducks are in the playoffs every year, Kings very recently won the Cup
Dunno about Soccer
USC is very good again
UCLA was good very recently and is good in other sports (won the College World Series recently, is a top team in basketball this year)

• Locked thread