Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
If it's a coastal state, I'm not living there ever. gently caress the ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Sounds like the attitude of someone who lives in the vast wastes of the Midwest.

I had a house on the ocean in college and it was the greatest thing ever. Sorry you can't say the same.

I wish it had fallen in the ocean.

Flikken posted:

Are you in Missouri or Kansas?

No, even better. I live in Iowa and I basically want for nothing in life. You just can't get this kind of living on a lovely coast.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Volkerball posted:

you get what you pay for

A coast person pays to be near a dangerously massive puddle of water they can't drink. Meanwhile, I pay for land I can use for a million things. Check and mate, coastal putz!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Its Miller Time posted:

Did you just describe an ocean as "a dangerously massive puddle of water they can't drink"? I can't knock you because this kind of thing is like religion or politics (same thing), but good god do I feel sorry for you. I'd love to see the North and South Korea dynamic that would happen if we could succeed in getting rid of the heartland.

If you got rid of God's own country, you'd be basically destroying the world. The Midwest is where innovation and change begins. Mark Twain, Abe Lincoln, Bill Clinton. How many cool people come from a coast? Lady Gaga's stylist and three-fifths of Maroon 5? Psh, yeah right.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

Have you ever heard of a little band called Smashmouth?

Bay Area Originals, you got that right.

*crosses arms smugly like in the emoticon* Thanks bro for proving my point. Parm 2 Coasts 0

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Metapod posted:

you made a list of people of people from the midwest and didn't include sam walton or chuck norris?!?!

I was going obscure to show how much deeper the cultural relevance of the Midwest goes.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

MourningView posted:

The stadium they actually play in might be the nicest one in the country, it is a tremendous waste.

The Royals used to have that designation!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

LA... It's not a good city...

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

It's way too crowded! I need my space!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

LA sucks.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Why do the owners hate the Raiders so much? Do they just not want a poor team getting LA?

The Davis clan has been a constant thorn in the side of basically every other owner

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

drat I was hoping the Raiders would move and the Black Hole would slowly die away as fairweather fans moved in

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Jeff Fisher is the hot new coach to bring to LA for sure.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

They'll always be the Rams to me, no matter where they move.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

I'll never be sure how a franchise with a Lombardi in the past two decades can have that bad of attendance. Like the Browns and Lions don't have this problem.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

JRizzle posted:

I'd like to start with getting rid of my current avatar before I pick a new team (which will probably be the Chiefs since I live in KC now)

Good man! :) We welcome all!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

I cannot imagine a thing more tragic. Sorry San Diego but at least Oakland would be finally free!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

aperion posted:

That's not true at all, you can imagine any team trading for Alex Smith just fine.

I would like to imagine a team trading for him again so it's not the most tragic thing. Rams, Texans, get on it and take him from us!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

kiimo posted:

It might be better to trade Houston Charles for Hopkins. :D

Oh man could you imagine Smith wasting Nuk? Talk about a tragedy.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Oh no. I wished for the black hole to be destroyed after the Raiders move. If they move to Vegas, something even more grotesque will pop up. My own hubris has damned me.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Al probably doesn't have a real phylactery. He strikes me as more of a body possessing type of spirit. Mark is probably just an unwilling pawn in a grander and darker scheme.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

San Diego is the ancestral home for the Chargers. They belong there. They deserve the town. Go Chargers Go.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/693211899836665856

Oh!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Gerund posted:

Move the Chiefs back to Dallas

If that's the sacrifice to pay for destroying the Cowboys then I'm ready.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

MrLogan posted:

AFC West plays both the south divisions next year. They are sending three teams to the playoffs.

Jacksonville will go 3-1 against the AFC West next year. They will lose narrowly to KC.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

I live in Iowa. It's nice although the caucuses were bad. Des Moines is a great town, though. It's gonna get huge soon!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Never live in a city with more than 250,000 people.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

kiimo posted:

I have a job that exists in two cities. One is the one where I live, the other is the only city that is worse.

That sounds like KC all right.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

None of this would be a problem if the league just abandoned California, like they should have long ago.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

Don't take anything Parm says seriously. He's descended to a Chiche level of troll

How dare you. I thought we were friends.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Chinatown posted:

I like being in my private tinted cabin with control over the temperature, smells (my farts), and music.

Please stop because you're making me miss my dope rear end ride that I once owned.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I miss the smell of my car farts as well

My rear end smells wonderful, if you must know.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Vegas is a den of sin and thievery so it makes sense that the Raiders would go there.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

drat once the Chargers move to San Antonio it's gonna be the AFC MidWest! Like and retweet.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

kiimo posted:

Only when the Seahawks move to St. Louis and rejoin the division.

For the Seahawks fan in this forum: They used to be in the AFC West and were a laughingstock before realignment put them in the NFC West! This was before their first Super Bowl appearance.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

the Chiefs should follow suit with the Rams and move out to the coast so that the AFC West can actually make sense

After drafting Tyreek Hill, they can gently caress right off to Portland for all I care.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

All of California is bad. I'd rather be in Nebraska.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

sam bradford lmao posted:

He also thinks Des Moines is a megatropolis :roflolmao:

I never said that. I just said it was better than any coastal city. That's just an objective truth!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

LiquidFriend posted:

Des Moines is awful and I hate having to travel there.

Next time you're here you should stop by and hear me rant in person! Assuming you'll have time after you see all the amazing sites!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

One time I drove from the DC to KC and it was pretty good! West Virginia was amazing (except for Charleston)!

• Locked thread