Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Rams stadium plan is the most likely to happen. They've already got an entire incorporated city with a huge hardon for them and they will let them do what they want, it's near the airport and trains, they have excess parking over at the Colliseum, and there's already a huge billion dollar gentrification project happening regardless of whether the stadium happens.

A shared stadium on a dump in Carson is just raising the stakes in the "no we swear we're gonna leave if you don't get us a stadium" game. They have to up the ante because that Rams deal is looking more and more likely and then they can't make empty threats to their governments.

Also LOL at the the AEG "we have the worst stadium plan of the 5" terror report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Volkerball posted:

The NFL gets final say. If both deals end up working out, then the owners can decide how it plays out.

I don't think the NFL digs shared stadiums

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
How much of a cash cow is a stadium in LA? According to this LA Times piece AEG paid $27 million for just the environmental study for a stadium that's probably not going to happen.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Spoeank posted:

It's been dead in the water for a while. I work for Farmers and we had a state of the company simulcast. Someone asked about Farmers Field in light of the LA news and it was like a Jim Tomsula press conference. You could tell they knew it was dead but couldn't say it.

I thought it was dead too, which is why I was surprised they trotted out the Terror Target: INGLEWOOD crap, days before they dropped it altogether.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
LA times is literally running front page stories on every thing having to do with the NFL in LA. It's basically every other day right now and that's not an exaggeration.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-labor-group-inglewood-stadium-20150312-story.html

Tough to read this as either one of the other projects playing games(cause AEG is out now) or just trying to get some negotiation leverage on what looks to be the most likely winner. I think it's the latter.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Darkhorse option:

Rams move, Bills break lease and move.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
LOL they had to give numbers for 40 loving years to make the provable financial gain for the city seem significant

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

SA2K posted:

Carson is not going to happen. AEG is going to dive bomb everything.

Inglewood got approved 2 months ago and the Rams guy already owns the land, and it's closer to airport and the Metro and an larger planned development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Chilichimp posted:

So is the LA Rams a done deal at this point, and we're just waiting around for the stadium to be built?

No, just a more likely one IMO. Nobody is committed, the Carson stadium can still hapen.

SA2K posted:

Inglewood isn't Carson. Carson has the AEG StubHub center. There is no way that AEG isn't going to put up a fight if the nfl comes in and tries to build a stadium right in their backyard after all the failed AEG attempts to build an NFL Stadium

They half-heartedly have tried to scuttle this poo poo but I don't think they have that kind of pull anymore.

• Locked thread