Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

E: ^^^^^ lovely bands come from lots of different places though

Adun posted:

Anything is better than Manhattan, land of the mythical $12 Bud Light bottle.

You mean it's not just the inside of Metlife that's like that?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Zurreco posted:

If you build in Santee none of the Marines from Oceanside or rich folks from Del Mar/La Jolla are going to bother making the trek down. You need to build somewhere between downtown, Encinitas, and Rancho Bernardo in order to serve the vast majority of ticket buying fans.

Meanwhile, Phillip Rivers has all but acknowledged that if the team moves he won't be resigning with the Chargers because that's easier than relocating his brood 100 miles to the North.

Why wouldn't Rivers at least sign a short-term extension with the team, even if voters pass that new stadium plan it has to be a few years out from completion, and there's a good chance he'd he retiring after a few more years anyway.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Metapod posted:

serious question why does the rams owner want to move to California while they are in such an intense drought?

It's okay because rams frequently live in arid regions and can rely solely on ingesting grasses and shrubs for hydration

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Bricks of ditch 'grass' smuggled in from across the border.

Not even a joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4yN6adFAU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Do they have any pictures of it with the roof closed

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Qwijib0 posted:

"The proposed open air stadium would be built in Mission Valley, a community just north of downtown San Diego."

unless I just got whooshed and :thejoke:

But what do they do if weather happens? Or if it gets above 80 degrees

E: or below 70 degrees

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

All donuts suck unless they're made by a family and come in a pink box. I will defend this until I die.

(even though I can't eat donuts anymore :sigh: )

Whole grain wheat toast on the other hand is pretty awesome

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

TubeStank posted:

Whoa easy there fella next thing you're gonna be telling us is that you add some butter to it "when you're feeling naughty"

Nah, I put organic peanut butter on toast almost every time I make it!

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Oh so it'll be the Cowboys and Redskins

Mara's a real revolving son of a bitch

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Ultimately the problem with NFL stadiums is that they get used like 8 days a year. Blowing a billion or two on a stadium that has no purpose for 357/365th of the time is idiotic. There's a reason why baseball stadiums are far, far easier to finance and get built.

Mulit-use stadiums sure seem to suck when you're watching your NFL team play on a baseball diamond, but dedicating several acres of prime downtown real estate and a billion dollars of taxpayer money for a facility that sits empty almost all the time just doesn't make sense, even if you can find suckers willing to pay for it.

Only if you're not doing it right. AT&T Stadium has held the following non-NFL events since opening in 2009:

NBA
NBA All-Star Weekend

NCAA Football
College Football National Championship
Big-12 Championship
Cotton Bowl
Cowboys Classic
Southwest Classic
Baylor/Texas Tech Shootout

NCAA Basketball
Handful of games including the 2014 Men's Final Four

WWE
WrestleMania 32 in 2016

Soccer
3 Gold Cups
2 World Football Challenges

Boxing
2 Manny Paquiao fights

Supercross
Annual AMA Supercross Championship

Monster Truck
Annual Monster Jam event

Concerts
Beyonce/Jay Z
Paul McCartney
U2/Muse
Taylor Swift x2 (3rd concert later this year)
George Strait x2
Rolling Stones
Jonas Brothers
One Direction

Misc
2015 Country Music Awards
Professional bull riders event
Several local HS football games (my cousin played a game there!)
2011 US Women's Bowling championship
EFL Semi-Pro Football Pro Bowl game
International Federation of Gymnastics World Cup event
Reebok's Spartan Race
Whatever this was: "Cowboys Stadium hosted the first opera simulcast in a sports venue in northern Texas when the Dallas Opera's performance of Mozart's "The Magic Flute" was broadcast to an audience of about 15,000 on the Cowboys Stadium video screen from a closed-circuit feed of the live performance at the Winspear Opera House in Dallas about twenty-five miles away."

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

St. Louis, San Diego, and Oakland were all supposed to give stadium proposals to the NFL in Chicago today.

Oakland's proposal: http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_28392872/exclusive-oakland-stadium-deal-worst-by-far-raiders TLDR: Holy gently caress this is bad

San Diego's proposal: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/aug/10/stadium-financing-chargers-eir-chicago/ TLDR: 33% public funded, 67% privately funded, 1.1 Billion dollars all together.

St. Louis: I haven't been following and don't have a good link, but they're probably ahead of San Diego and definitely Oakland right now.

Here are the new renderings for the San Diego site:

So did Mothra just attack this stadium or something

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

LA or San Antonio, come on down

Oh good another bad south Texas team for Dallas to have a "rivalry" with

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I wonder what shocking tragedy they'll use to define their generation?

Taylor Swift has an on-stage performance using a mini segway that goes horribly wrong

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Tank44 posted:

Challenger Space Shuttle explosion in like 3rd grade. Boom! 1986... When St Louis was in similar stages to lose the NFL Cardinals.

Hey, I was also in 3rd grade when that happened! My class wheeled in a TV because there was that teacher astronaut so we were all watching it live when it happened

Boy did that turn awkward in a hurry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

What was the world like before the written word?

Dude I'm pretty sure they had books, it's just that when they wanted new ones they had to be copied using calligraphy

• Locked thread