Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This seems pretty interesting and I have ordered the first two volumes. I'd better not be disappointed, or there will be nothing really for you to pay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I read the first volume and some of the second last niight, and this is pretty good. Klaus' line that K.K. is stronger than almost anyone but she's still a woman and so should ask him for help was bad, though. Like I get that Klaus is all about protecting others, but come on.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nalin posted:

After reading all 7 volumes, I am now convinced that the blood blockade battlefront anime is just going to be Leo and Zap screaming in terror for 30 minutes.

I've only read the first two and am waiting on the remaining ones to be delivered, but that sounds about accurate and perfectly entertaining.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 5, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where is this streaming again, or is it not yet?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Vire posted:

I am embarrassed about the amount of nerds in here who don't know what shawty means.

Judging by the dance in the ending, she appears to also be very short.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

I like how Klaus' partying is relatively subdued in keeping with his more mature personality but the typically aloof Chain is just rocking out like the world's gonna end.

Subtle characterization techniques.

I don't know, Klaus has some good moves at the end there. And I can't tell whether that's Abrahms or the detective doing the classic thrusting.

is the obvious best, though.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 14, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The second episode was very good, and the next one should be even better and more absurd and also has K.K. This is probably going to be the best show of the season.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't know if something is up with my connection or it's just Funi being Funi, but man this episode has an rear end framerate for me. Also while the ED is great, the OP doesn't get nearly enough love.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Great Rumbler posted:

It was basically the chess version of blernsball, but with less giant spiders.

Those come in around hour 120. They just didn't get to them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

Everyone's name in this show is anime as gently caress.

Also can I request that you put the screencaps of the character's introductory picture things in one of the reserved posts or the main OP?

Because they're pretty great.

I would never have even thought of "Dick Suck" for Zap, but it is somehow absolutely perfect.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Lucky Abrahm's too. He's not under just "A" curse, he's been cursed repeatedly by everything. Leo even gets a look at him with his Eyes and he's got all kinds of nasties swarming around him. All trying their damnedest to do him in and he's still standing untouched.

That said, I loved Sonic having a drink and eating peanuts at the party :allears:. It really needed a two-episode spread though, because the Vampires just kinda pop up out of nowhere at the end of this episode.

Abrahms is great and I think they captured him perfectly in this episode. I agree that this really could've used a two-parter for a bit more world building, though for what it was, I think it did get across that the blood breeds ain't nothin to gently caress with. In particular the part about nobody but Leo even being able to see their attacks.

Also somebody please gif Leo and Zapp screaming in terror from the next episode's preview. Also also OP and ED still great.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 26, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Is that Rie Kugiyama playing both the Ghost Girlfriend and the evil Vampire Onii-chan?

Maybe we are all actually Rie Kugimiya simply playing us.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This is the best episode yet, and I have only watched half so far.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Whoever is voicing Aligula really hit that tricky spot of being endearingly incredibly annoying.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Never give up, I believe in the May/December romance between a young man and a seiyuu.

Love is, after all, about pushing, and pushing, and whoever pushes hardest wins.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I probably should have waited for the episode to finish to post these, huh. Also I love that the "wedding photo" in her place has Doug and her faces just taped on.

I like that "her place" is in the middle of the monster truck. She sure put a lot of effort into decorating it.

Aligula is rad. Everyone in this show is rad.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

The resolution is a bit funnier in the comic because they mention that millions probably died because of the truck shrapnel thing, but they got bored counting so they just stopped. Jerusalem's Lot was a way crazier place than Hellsalem's Lot is I guess.

Dude's art is incredibly detailed and gorgeous, especially in splash pages, to act like it's not is folly.

It's just hard to parse sometimes in the small tankobon format, it's definitely a comic that deserves a bigger page format.

This story is actually my favorite in the comics because it's one of the cleanest and easiest to read while still being really cool looking.

Action scenes and sometimes dialogue can be a bit hard to follow, but the most noticeable flaw is a severe case of 90s pants.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

One nice surprise about this show is that the milquetoast protagonist's anime-original romance subplot isn't an unwelcome distraction from the rest of the show. It's just a different, more low-key kind of fun that's well-integrated with all the bombastic mayhem.

I'll second that I'm really liking the Leo/White stuff, even for an anime original. It's not overplayed and feels like it fits right in with the show's world, and it adds a nice element to Leo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The anime ending of the Leo and White subplot is definitely going to be sad, isn't it? And I am going to be destroyed.

Next episode's going to own, though.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dangerous Person posted:

Chain is the best and I hope she gets more to do.

I think you meant KK there.

• Locked thread