Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I used to actually win arbitration cases every once in a while and that was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

AM part 1: ~ 4 AM
AM part 2: ~ 7:30 AM
PM part 1: ~ 12 PM
PM part 2: ~ 3:30 PM
PM2 part 1: ~ 8 PM
PM2 part 2: ~ 11:30 PM

Players are already starting to sign, and IIRC the first round of coaches will officially sign at the PM2 part 2 tonight.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I just noticed that Rob Dunn is 37 years old and on the FA market which means I've been playing this game for way too long

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

To be fair, Art also tanked his way to a 100 game winner. It's just that he then blew it up for no discernible reason.

But yeah TBB's trashbag wasteland franchise and Art's takeover of the former Cleveland team are pretty apples and oranges even before you note user experience.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Paul Donovan is a True American Hero

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Paul Donovan hit .322/.383/.533 for me one season

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Voted for:

All Time Saves Leader Ramiro Cervantes (even though he was never on my team)
Ken Tooooooooooooombs
Ivan Manuel
Paul Donovan
Former Cy Young Winner Orlando Vizcaino

would have voted for junior andujar but it was vetoed

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Tommie Butler died overnight and that is Not Cool

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

A lot of work went into that portal of sadness. Thank you I think TMB?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

nasboat posted:

what he said. One of the biggest frustrations in HBD is how simmy recommends/people regularly put high DUR/STA guys as closers and limit them to 40-50 innings a year when they could get so much more.

Yeah I did auto recommendations like I always do after spring training just to get a starting point and sparky decided that Stuart Boyer (45 STA/74 DUR) was the best choice for a closer on my team. You know because being able to pitch the most innings and having the least amount of skill is the best qualification for pitching the 9th inning in games the team is winning.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I don't really like this trend of Joe Brantley getting worse every season for me

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I had a lot of the same problems with Ronald Gonzales (even though he's nowhere near the pitcher Sung is). Amazing when a guy with 6 stamina stays in to start a second inning of work.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Sparky put a lefty in at 3B for me after an ejection in the first inning. Way to go, Sparky.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

welp I should've traded Al Sanchez

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Hey I've got three motherfuckers on the 60 day already way to go team

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=69527275&pbp=0

Alright I loving quit

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Atheistdeals.com posted:

should've invested in the 21 million medical program!

Totally worthless without at least 22 million in training

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I accidentally killed Sean Priest. Welcome to pitcher injury season.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

ArtVandelay posted:

I've been leading on Conseco for almost 4 whole days. Not sure what he's waiting on.

Perhaps a brighter future

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Power of Pecota posted:

I really like this trade for Buffalo~

Depends if Duran keeps declining in-season or if that spring training thing was a one time blip this season

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

And yet you can get on the SLB merry go round and keep banging out cookie teams to kill ToCs in perpetuity

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

My team sucks and is too injured and I'm blowing it all up. Send offers if you want my major league guys.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Now Eugene will never be a Primetimer :(

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Uublog's pitching is starting to get iffy and he hasn't logged in for a few days

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Tommie Butler is back. Time for him to hit .400 and carry me to an inexplicable playoff run.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I beat nasboat. New changes working as intended.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'm actually going to work on a HS draft write-up this afternoon. As always I'm totally blind to the college guys.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

The broken bones posted:

hey how come my minor league players aren't getting better, this is bullshit

They're improving but not by the leaps I would hope for in your situation. I'd consider splurging a little more on minor league coaches next season if I were you. Still plenty of growth left in your top guys.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Here is a numbered list of fake baby baseballers for your perusal. College is a black box of anti-knowledge and is not represented.

Starting pitchers

1) Jayson Evans (89) - The second coming of Jerry Sizemore, only this time he's left handed and has control! Only has two pitches but they're pretty good. I'm not sure if being a two pitch guy is a detriment when throwing 60-70 pitches a game. Not the guy for you if you're into a Set It and Forget It rotation.

2) Dann Parker (80) - Really high stamina guy with a durability rating that will limit his overall innings. Splits are average or slightly above average but everything else he's packing is good to elite. A really nice pick that will require a little babysitting.

3) Karl Thome (71) - He's got the best splits out of any potential starting pitcher in this class and his control is super elite. However, his durability and stamina will limit him to 150 innings at best and his pitch ratings are piss trash.

4) Ismael Pelaez (68) - Would be a decent low stamina SP prospect if it weren't for his control issues. All of his other ratings are pretty solid. Give him a whirl if you don't mind giving up the free pass.

5) Brian Peters (67) - A pretty solid high stamina SP prospect whose durability is absolutely tanking his OVR. He's also a very questionable sign because he's a 5'11" white guy who wants to play pro basketball. I'm assuming that's an excuse to travel Europe because he's probably not NBA material.

Relief pitchers

1) Will Gleason (80) - Will is a super stud next coming of Jesus reliever. He's also a questionable sign due to wanting to play pro hockey. Save up some prospect money and make sure he signs; this is the type of guy where a type D comp pick just makes you sad.

2) Julio Javier (72) - With control and right split in the 90s, and a near max P1, Julio is going to be very good. He'll have to be very good in a limited innings role though since his durability is a bit on the low side. Still he'll be a very good 80 or so inning guy.

3) Daniel Keppel (66) - A lefty reliever with slight control issues and good enough pitch ratings that it might not matter. But with a durability rating that's topping out in the mid 40s he's not going to be eating a lot of innings.

4) DJ King (65) - A questionable sign with a questionable control rating. But his max GB rating means that he'll get some action around the league if he decides to sign after the draft.

5) Fritz Christiani (63) - He's got low stamina and his P2 rating is not optimal, but this is a guy that will play around the league. He'll just to have to do it 10 pitches at a time.

Catcher/DH

1) Andy Monroe (66) - He doesn't have the pitch calling skill to play catcher unless you're crazy, and his durability isn't high enough to play there for a whole season anyway. He has an elite batting eye while the rest of his hitting skills are middling.

2) Brett Menechino (65) - He's barely acceptable as a defensive catcher but he doesn't have the durability to play a whole ton of games. An elite batting eye and pretty good left split mean he'll find a spot on some benches, but there's not much power to be had in that swing.

3) Yovani Moreno (63) - A really outstanding defensive catcher that can't hit a lick. He might pop the occasional accidental dinger but being on base is not going to be this guy's strong suit.

First Base/DH

1) Beck Hume (63) - Scouts aren't finding much here. Beck is a 5'8" no power first baseman who dreams of playing professional basketball. Pass.

Second Base

1) Carl Kubel (75) - His glove isn't quite there but his range is really good for the position. He's a switch hitter with some speed but unfortunately no power to speak of. He should still get on base a fair amount of the time and he won't hurt you on the field.

2) Lucas Pfisterer (68) - He's got speed and baserunning but that's about it. His range/glove are a little below average for the position and he has no power or batting eye. His contact and left split might mean he gets a little play as part of a platoon but I doubt he lights up the league.

3) Ronnie Coghlan (66) - My scouts have him listed as a 2B but I see him as more of a below average 3B on the field. He has great power but all his other hitting skills are mediocre at best. Quad A Superstar.

Third Base

1) Dave Green (69) - Below average in the field, bad speed, worse batting eye, and the only thing he has going for him is contact. But his projected OVR is 69 and that's Nice.

Shortstop

1) Louis Roundtree (89) - Shortstop is where all the position prospects are living this season. Louis doesn't quite have the range for the position but all his other defensive ratings. He swings a monster power bat though and can easily hold down the #3 or #4 spot in a lineup. Only knock on his hitting abilities is his batting eye but even that is just average instead of bad.

2) Nick Martin (87) - A pretty good facsimile of Louis Roundtree minus some points of durability. Better batting eye that Roundtree but worse contact rating. Range is still not quite there but with that bat it might be worth it to try.

3) Jaret Wells (83) - His glove tops out at 80 but all of the rest of his defensive ratings are in the elite+ range. No power in the bat but he should spend some time on base, especially against lefties. You can surely do a lot worse for a starting SS in this league.

4) Alvin Montgomery (79) - His defensive ratings are going to put him into the slightly below average category but he's not actively bad. He actually has a little power in his swing and a decent left handed split so expect a few balls to go over the wall. His speed and contact mean he won't be an on base machine but hey, shortstop.

5) Stump Hines (78) - Everything about this guy screams "Almost good enough". His defense is almost good enough for short, and his bat is almost good enough to carry him if he could actually play short. But instead of playing short, the entire package comes up a little short.

Left Field

1) Donovan Rigdon (77) - This guy is basically mediocre as gently caress at everything related to hitting and I hate that profile. He should play a good defensive LF though. I don't think he'll put up the OPS you want from a corner guy.

Center Field

1) Akinori Feng (76) - Good defensive CF with top tier speed. Unfortunately his baserunning leaves a bit to be desired. He's not really good at anything but contact when it comes to hitting, but he can probably fake it enough to play ML CF.

2) Mitchell Jones (76) - Better range than Feng but a worse glove. He's not quite as fast either but he has a little more power in his swing. Definitely a real ML CF prospect.

Right Field

1) Clyde Nelson (82) - Not quite the power some people look for in a COF but he's got really good splits and eye with top tier speed. He's a very questionable sign but his mother isn't his consultant so there's a chance you could pay highly and land him.

Let's see I suppose some sort of top 5 is in order...

1) Nick Martin - I'll take the very slightly better defense and OBP over Roundtree's durability
2) Louis Roundtree - ...not that that means Roundtree is bad by any means
3) Jayson Evans - Really only dropped because you have to babysit his innings to get the most out of him
4) Will Gleason - Would be #1 if he was a starter
5) Dann Parker - Picked him over Javier because he's a starter. I like this profile even with the slightly low splits.

Happy hunting everyone!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

nasboat posted:

god damnit

how the hell do you break your arm while striking out Ernie Mantei

He obviously struck him out really really hard

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

not cool man

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Come trade for my players I'm throwing in the towel.

You can't have Rickey

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

My team has decided to lose every game en route to the #1 overall pick.

Also if Joe Brantley could go ahead and decline his option next season that would be super.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

As usual Omar DaSilva gets owned in a pressure situation

can I still use this even now that nasboat finally won one?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I think I actually got the worst DITR ever

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

He's pretty bad

But it's hard to compare between a position player and a pitcher when they're both that horrible

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah they've definitely been cycling more cleanly and on time since their backend update.

Also since I posted it on Twitter check out this horrible streaky poo poo

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah he's really keeping my team in the race

e: re: Harper
drat you chutwig

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Blurrrrrrgh Todd Davis for infinity years of Cla Walsh

To be fair there's an arb 3 issue there which means Cla is going FA no matter what if he stays with Richmond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4441080

Well Al Sanchez got loving murdered by that injury

• Locked thread