Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Skinty McEdger posted:

I think you'll find its "got to hide this lovely tattoo" wear.

It's the best way for Icarus to stay face. Cover up all tattoos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

DM Punk posted:

Ants in CHIKARA are like Von Erich boys in WCCW in the 80's. You're gonna get a few of them on the show, but the crowd loves em. And just like WCCW, some of them aren't there cause they're dead.

:vince:

But yeah, it's weird that the ants would get to people. I've just sort of accepted the ants as parts of CHIKARA. One of my first memories of CHIKARA was one of the ants (Fire or Green) selling an antennae bite.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 7, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

That's okay, Silver Ant is a better wrestler.

Silver Ant does have the completely unfair advantage of having two fully-functional legs.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Jay 2K Winger posted:

That was also around the time that Ricochet started working more in other indies and just may not have been able to fit Chikara in his schedule.

When he became the big indie superstar, he may also have priced himself out of Chikara.

Right. The great mystery with Quack is whether him not bringing people back is because of a burned bridge or having not enough money. And since Quack is crazy artiste of pro wrestling, you won't find out until the other side says anything.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Gavok posted:

- Eddie Kingston gets poo poo on a bunch here, but he's so great in trios match. It's the Roman Reigns effect.

As someone who has poo poo on him in the past a bit, he really is great in any non-singles match. It covers his weaknesses (lack of owning knees primarily) and still lets him do what he's pretty good at (hard-hitting moves that may or may not be way too stiff).

But there's no reason without miracle surgery that Kingston should be working lots of single matches in 2015 or beyond.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Wazzu posted:

Watching them do promos...they sure are like 3.0

I just want 3.0, are they they better than 3.0? If not, why are they there?

3.0 ended up on the couch for like 10 months for Shane Mathews having terrible opinions that offended Quack's sensibilities, mainly involving women's wrestling. Nobody is sure if them coming back during King of Trios was actually them being brought back or was a one-off.

During that time, Quack probably wanted someone to do some comedy bits involving energy drinks and NRG were the best candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

BaldipISW posted:

Has this been openly discussed anywhere? I've always been of the impression that they weren't being brought down because Robert Evans stopped working in Chikara, which made the cost of bringing in the Canadian car a bit unnecessary. Quack likely brought them down for Trios just to fill out the car that was driving down 2 Cold Scorpio, who's currently living in Montreal. Same reason that the Flying Francises/Generation Kill showed up.

Not that I've seen, it's just sort of assumed because the timing was pretty much dead on and it sounds like something Quack would do, so no one really felt like investigating it further. It's possible that one or both were the reasons why. Or something else entirely.

Quack is nothing if not unpredictable when money is involved.

• Locked thread