Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
macbooks are usually pretty nice imo, to bad the OS is major trash and expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
chromebooks, are the nicer laptops however

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

zen death robot posted:

the watch is a piece of poo poo

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
why would you ever buy a watch

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
do you not have a phone, that has the time on it.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

uncurable mlady posted:

im not buying it to tell the time

don't you have a phone

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

why did you buy a phone to tell the time with

wtf

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

answer the question

i bought a phone to contact my friends and family.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

uncurable mlady posted:

i want the watch so i dont have to take the phone out of my pocket to check notifications and i want the fitness tracker stuff and because it looks much less dorky than anything else that accomplishes both of those tasks

you must be really fat and flabby if taking your phone out your pocket is a lot of work.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

an easy way to spot an idiot is to look for people who believe the apple watch's purpose is to 'solve the problem' of taking your phone out of your pocket

an idiot, is anyone who buys a smartwatch

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
its trash like everything apple makes

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
cept macbooks

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

zen death robot posted:

the iPhone and iPad are both nice

i disagree respectfully

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

it does have a purpose for the end user

*buys a 17,000 dollar smartwatch*

hey dude on the street haha look at how man miles i ran today! i ran a lot! im glad for this apple watch!

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

youre an idiot

ok explain

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

list 10 purposes for the apple tm watch right now

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

zen death robot posted:

im guessing the $350-500 models will be more popular

i still don't really get the point in smartwatches but maybe in 5 years things will be different

the iphone was pretty obviously useful when it was introduced, as was the ipad, this i'm much more skeptical on and think its sort of a fad that'll be forgotten but who knows

unlike iphones and ipads, smartwatches are incredibly useless as gently caress. unless you wanna look like some startrek man.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

so people applying these same bad opinions to this latest product sector can be safely ignored because they do not know what theyre talking about

give me 10 reasons to own a smartwatch

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

because i want to see what you can possibly do with one.

its gonna crash and fail like google glasses.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

no, because the people who thought that the iphone and ipad were good products have been proven correct

because those are actually useful, a lovely watch isn't!

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Beast of Bourbon posted:

can we all agree that these gaudy trinkets are garbage and the only thing worth a CRAP in this world is the love of our personal lord and savior jesus christ.

who did not own a watch.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

youre saying that now after several years, umpteen million units of each sold, and two product categories defined

yet you still think you know better because youre a loving moron

okay? so what? doesn't mean they can do it again.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

keep slurping on apple's semen man

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

this post is what yospos has become. this is why yospos must be closed. tonight.

the only thing you have said is "apple was sucessful before tehy can be come successful again!" which is dumb as gently caress because the iphone and ipad make sense to exist so duh people are gonna want it. a smartwatch, not really.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

zen death robot posted:

wootman is an idiot but the smartwatch is still a bad idea even if apple is making one

thank you

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
its not gonna be a success dude.. im sorry

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

close the games thread

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

uncurable mlady posted:

y'all really hung up on this "charged every day" thing

did a power adapter kill your cat or something? do you have an electricity allergy? i see people say "lol u have to charge it!!!" but there's no real explanation of why that's bad or what they'd rather have. if you don't want one, don't get one. some people find the 'phone companion' stuff useful and are glad that there's a halfway decent looking thing that combines all of it.

charging a watch lmfao

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
shut up catte

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

uncurable mlady posted:

i'm sorry for your crippling learning disability that prevents you from associating objects with their functions, it must be a very difficult way to go through life

charging a loving watch

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

uncurable mlady posted:

c'mon u got something better than that

buying an apple watch is the funniest thing it really cant get any funnier

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
it doesn't take that much longer to pull out my phone and look at it tbh

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

uncurable mlady posted:

yes, it's so convenient to pull my phone out of my pocket rather than just look at my wrist.

are your pants so tight that you have a hard time taking it out?

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

look at this unstylish nerd who is still using the skinny jeans meme in 2015

i wear skinny jeans and i dont have a hard time taking out my phone..

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

uncurable mlady posted:

i get enough emails, messages, and calendar events throughout the day that i'd much rather be able to simply glance at my wrist to prioritize notifications rather than have to pull my phone out every time (especially when i'm interacting with other people; a situation i know many may not be able to relate to itt). not to mention, i can control my music, track my heart rate, and use other great Apple features like Pay and Passbook straight from the Watch

looking at your wrist to try and check emails on that tiny rear end screen is gonna look way more retarded than just looking at your phone for like a sec

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

zen death robot posted:

lmao im just not a dick during my meetings and social events and know that it's ok to ignore my phone sometimes

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

uncurable mlady posted:

i like the idea of taking calls on the watch because i don't have an in-car bt

put your phone on the dash and turn on the speakerphone

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
kevin is a really bad poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU