Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Starting off with Apple TV and HBO. Good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Cheaper Apple TV? Okay

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Updating some of the later versions too, awesome

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Those are some high prices haha

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Charger not included*

Is this accurate?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

I'd say I'm on the fence for a Sport. Definitely seeing some of these 3rd party apps intrigue me.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

I'm pretty set on getting the Sport. Just deciding on which band now. Probably black, blue would be the second choice.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Secht posted:

Yeah she did a really nice job with that. I still kinda want one, but meh... feel ok waiting for the next version.

Yea that's where I am at now. Interested but holding out for gen 2.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

I buckled and ordered. June here I come haha.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Finally bit the bullet a week ago and got one. So far, really digging it. I just hope apple updates the activities app with more categories

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Consummate Professional posted:

Where's the update, Tim?

Looks like it's out now! Can't update until I get home

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

VladimirLeninpest posted:

Whoops, turns out the Milanese band I ordered is hot garbage and slips and slides around. Oh well. I imagine all of the 3rd party loops are like that.

I have nearly all third party bands, and they have all been great quality. Maybe I lucked out, but the Milanese one is pretty great

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

VladimirLeninpest posted:

Third party Milanese loop update: I bought this one and the magnet actually seems to be quite a bit stronger. I haven't felt nearly as much sliding as my last band. Looks like the weird space handcuff is my band of choice!

I love the moko bands. I'm wearing a black sports band by them right now and it feels great

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

What do you like about their sports band vs the apple one?

Also I ordered their leather band just now. It looks pretty drat comfortable.

The apple ones are still superior, but the Mokos are very good. Comfortable, a little thinner than the apple original bands. At least in my experience, one of the better third party sport bands.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

supersteve posted:

Can anyone with the official Apple magnetic charging dock comment on whether or not it's worth it?

I have one of the off-brand docks that uses your existing charger and holds the watch up vertically at an angle but every once in a while the magnet doesn't line up (without me noticing) and I end up at work with an almost dead watch.

I like it a lot, even considering getting one for the fiancé

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

What are some peoples hopes for watchOS 3? I am hoping Apple introduces watchFacekit or some kind of SDK so we finally get more watch faces. Or at least Apple introduces a hell of a lot more

• Locked thread